Cher

I Support Chaz's Transition

6/17/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cher & ChazCher has made her first statement regarding her daughter's decision to become a man.

She tells PEOPLE: "Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support. I respect the courage it takes to go through this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding ... The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child."

As TMZ first reported, Cher has known about Chaz's decision for a year.

LiveLife2Day

No one in my family is gay, or transgendered yet I believe in 25 years from now we will accept from a scientific certainty that true gender reassessment & sexual orientation ARE biological. This is proven today; via chemicals in the womb, cellular division, pet scans, & the study that examined the brains of gay men and straight women. Scientists discovered the brains of gay men are more like women’s brains than straight men’s. This finding points to another study that shows a definite connection between sexual orientation & biology. With doctrines & our immaturity to the word “sex” the populace has YET come to terms with such scientific facts. Look to history to see other scientific facts rejected by the church hence the masses such as the world was flat & evolution... still debated today. I understand there has to be trailblazers when new scientific facts are being presented BUT my heart goes out to ALL that must struggle with such issues as the world waits to catch up.

1943 days ago

Larry

ALL SAME SEX-SEX IS NOT NATURAL ALSO MORALLY AND SPIRITUALY WRONG.

1940 days ago

Karla Hart

LMAO ok, I think she just needs to get laid, and not licked! And Chastity ( girl) loose some weight your just to fat!!

1929 days ago

Marla

Cher must be so disappointed ! Being a lesbian does not require a genderchange.. Work with what the Lord gives you.

1928 days ago

Michele

Cher is doing what ANY good mother would do.... offering support to her child. My prayers go out to Chaz..... may her journey be successful and find her peace.

1952 days ago

bitzod

I`ll use a chain saw just like It did for sunny and sherry

1952 days ago

ROBIN BURD

OK. i can't even go there in my head fact she actually wants 2 be a man.Knowing medically the outcome,if she lives thru all the surguries-is a penal implant.Having one of those does not qualify you as a man!Shes ore messed up than Brittany.She needs a really good shrink!

1952 days ago

Beeeeeulaaabutt

We love you Cher! We Love you Chaz!!
Hugs to both of you!

1952 days ago

bitzod

I can work in wood or ice which do you want?.

1952 days ago

Michael Madsen

6. I can work in wood or ice which do you want?.

Posted at 6:27PM on Jun 17th 2009 by Tree surg NP

POO

1952 days ago

kerrybabyxx

I think Chaz will look better as a man.He/she already looks like he's on male hormones.Maybe he will have facial hair and his body will be more masculine looking.Cher sounds very open-minded and supportive

1952 days ago

pinky

My heart bleeds for Cher....

1952 days ago

MissMiss67

Chastity !!! you need Jesus BAD!!! after all he is watching you..You are such a disapointment to the female race

1952 days ago

sheesh

It's called unconditional love. More people should practice it.

1952 days ago

Nuts

I still cant understand how cute little Chasity on Sonny and Cher turned into a long shoreman.Please someone how did this happen. Was there something in the water.Did she eat SONNY.FOR GODS SAKE WHAT HAPPENED.

1952 days ago