Cher

I Support Chaz's Transition

6/17/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cher & ChazCher has made her first statement regarding her daughter's decision to become a man.

She tells PEOPLE: "Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support. I respect the courage it takes to go through this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding ... The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child."

As TMZ first reported, Cher has known about Chaz's decision for a year.

A Nagai

Adding a fake banana to the daughter!

travie 35

FCKIN FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie

I feel bad for Cher.

mrs. brand

Yup that's what I expected. Cher showing some class but saying, you know, I don't understand, but she's my daughter."

I just REALLY think she should get gastric bypass or she'll never see that new pecker.

theCat

This should be a private matter. I don't agree with this plastered all over the web.
And to the homophobes out there, you're probably fat too and cant' get laid either. Maybe you should consider a change. Like a more open mind.

who gives a shit

What did you expect her to say???????????????

freakin' amazed

Amen, Cher.

1956 days ago

Corey Feldman is the king of douche!

Will it have balls hanging off its taint???

yikes

This is so sad, all she's doing just to bang her girlfriend as a man? Why she can just enjoy her life and her body as is?
She's not ugly, just needs to loose some weight to gain confidence and feel good with her anatomy.
Alternatives girl!

JANE DOE

DISGUSTING!

"IT" needs Mental Help not Surgery!!!!!!!with Body image as IT is!!!

JANE DOE

CHER is messed up with Body image also.

Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree!!!

K

The good news is anyone commenting in on this does not need to understand. It is her path and her mother is supporting her. There are many things I don't understand. this doesn't mean I have the right to impose my limited understanding and thoughts about it.
And to the nut jobs who are going to think this include unlawful behavior, save your breath. That is an old excuse used to excuse hate.
I am not sure this will help her find her happiness....but it is her way of finding her way...
If it gives just a little bit of peace in life so be it. If not, so be it. She is not hurting anyone...

tellyouwhatithink

Cher is cool, this doesn't suprise me. I just hope her daughter understands what she is going to have to live with. You can change the outside, but when the day comes to meet her maker, she will still be a female. God doesn't make mistakes.

me

To think she must have serious pysch counseling before undergoing such a thing. That pysch treatment is a joke. The pysch Dr will never counsel her against it which should be done considering it is a really whacked out thing to do. Someone has to be really messed up mentally to even consider such a thing and everyone supportive involved in the processs is culpable of this outraegous sin of mutilation of a body given to us by God! He knows what He is doing. Chastity, you're beautiful the way you are. You will never find happiness this way.

Mariah

Translation: I can't believe she is doing this. Having to refer to her now as "my child" is a giveaway. Everyone else on the planet for some stupid reason are referring to Chastity as "he" and "him", etc. Notice she didn't say "my son" if she really thought she had mistakenly been born a male.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments