Cher

I Support Chaz's Transition

6/17/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cher & ChazCher has made her first statement regarding her daughter's decision to become a man.

She tells PEOPLE: "Chaz is embarking on a difficult journey, but one that I will support. I respect the courage it takes to go through this transition in the glare of public scrutiny, and although I may not understand, I will strive to be understanding ... The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child."

As TMZ first reported, Cher has known about Chaz's decision for a year.

LJo

What a beautiful and appropriate statement by Cher ............only a loving mother could give.
Perfect.................I am speechless.

Michael Madsen

The name's all wrong... I'm thinkin' Chizz... gotta roing to it... dunt ya tink?

Benny Barnes

Cher admits in the statement she doesn't understand Chastity's decision. If a left wing liberal like Cher doesn't understand, then 95% of America won't understand or accept Chastity's decision.

THE SOURCE

Laura Says It all Is a complete Idiot !!

Being Transgender Is not a mental Illness Read up and get the facts I suppose you think being gay Is also a mental condition?

Unless you know a transgender and you dont understand then keep your comments to yourself!

JD

This is the crazy stuff you get when you have a way-out wacko liberal as a parent. They are both sick and need counseling desparately.

amazed

Just because Cher is supporting "it" doesn`t mean its ok! If God had wanted her to be a male he would have given her male genitals. If you mutilate your body like this you might as well shout to God Hey you made a mistake!! God doesn`t make mistakes...Lord help us all!

National Champs

"Just another typical California family"

Jake

YUK!

m

HE said "Do not judge lest you be judged".. He said love your nieghbor as yourself.. He did NOT say how ever that we should condone this type of behavior... GOD does not make msitakes!~~~ This is purely evil.. Purely of human making.. this will end VERY badly!!!

poppy

From one mother to another, my heart goes out to Cher. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and fear of what she must be feeling. When you have children, you never know where your child's life will go. Wish her and her child the best. Sad that Sonny isn't here to support them and the outcome. I wonder what her brother Elijah is feeling about all of this?

O Plz

Why are people feeling bad for Cher? Her lifestyle has always been wacked out; it's little wonder her kids are wack. And her statement -- once again, like at Sonny's funeral - it's all about her and how she'll handle it. Give me a break.

brian mahoney

TO HARVEY "I'M A LAWYER" LEVIN. BLONDE SURFER BOY HAD IT RIGHT. THIS IS A GIRL. JUST BECAUSE I PUT ON A LAB COAT, DON'T MAKE ME A PROFESSOR. A FAKE NOSE AND GLASSES WON'T MAKE ME DIGITAL UNDERGROUND. WE ALL HAVE THINGS ABOUT OURSELVES WE'D LIKE TO CHANGE. SHE SHOULD BUY POWER 90 X WORKOUT.

Me

I would also support my daughter 100% just as Cher has done. We may not understand what they're going through (the person making this decision to transgender), but we can still support them and love them. It's called unconditional love. You do NOT give a person 'conditions' in order to love them. You either love them or you don't. Neither one of my daughters are lesbians, but I've raised them from the time they were old enough to understand something like this, that I would support their decision no matter what. If one of them came to me right now (one is 16 the other is 25) and were to tell me they were lesbians, gay....whatever......I'd support them. It just isn't one of those things that are a shocker to me like it would be to many parents out there.

loveyaringo

#55: ANSWER: IT IS ALL ABOUT HER FEELINGS BECAUSE IT IS ALL ABOUT CHER. SHE GAVE BIRTH TO CHASITY, RAISED HER ( NOT REALLY SURE WHY PEOPLE THINK SHE LIVED SUCH A WILD LIFE) AND SHE IS CHER'S CHILD, SO YES, IT IS ABOUT HER. YOU ARE SO OBVIOUSLY NOT A MOTHER - AND I PRAY YOU NEVER WILL BE.

hahahahahha!!!!!

TRANSITION? How more butch can this bitch get?!!??!! You mean this is all PRE-operations? Hell, if I saw her in public now I'd assume SHE'S an offensive lineman for an NFL team. Good gracious.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments