PETA

Swats at Obama

for Killing That Fly!

6/17/2009 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is finally going after President Barack Obama for delivering capital punishment to a housefly on the White House grounds yesterday -- a death that was caught on tape.

When asked for comment, here's the statement PETA released:

"He isn't the Buddha, he's a human being and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act."

We're told the fly's carcass has been moved to a secret location ... we're guessing the bottom of a White House trash can.

Shannon

Seriously PETA? You guys need to take a rest. You are completely nuts. Of all the things going on in this world, you are concerned about a fly. I hope one of you PETA crazies is attacked by a swarm of flies...then we'll see what happens!!

MacArthur

Peta and GLADD are the two most pathetic organizations on Earth.

Dirk the Impailer

I don't care much for Obama, but this is just idiotic. PETA has to be the biggest bunch of idiots in the world. They really need to get real jobs and grow up!!!!!

There are plenty of things to complain about President Obama. Killing disease-carrying vermin isn't one of them...

meghan

ARe you kidding me? I bet every single one in peta has killed a fly!!! I KILL FLIES!!!! AND OTHER BUGS TO!

Bev, Phoenix

It's CRAZY stupid stuff like this that make me distance myself from PETA, I used to be a member and spout all of the PETA agenda/info and then it just got too stupid and they have totaly lost me! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teamKATE

Dear PETA,

enuf

My homepage had the video of Obama swatting the fly-I thought then and still do: Is THIS what it's come to? We are now watching the President swat flies and it's an actual story? We as American people need to GET A LIFE!!!! And we're (me included) actually COMMENTING on it. OMG-I'm turning my computer off right this minute and going to try and find something productive to do.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

Please
Excuse
The
Act

Lucy

I saw this on GMA this morning and I thought it was hysterical!! boo PETA...it's an insect!

scott is yummy.

PETA is trying to get on everyone's good side by putting out a joke reply

it doesn't take away from the fact that they have the most horrid reputation on earth as a bunch of psycho a$$holes and animal killers.

Peta is stupid and so are there LAME jokes.

hahahahahha!!!!!

I thought going on vacations, late night comedy shows, ESPN, broadway shows and sporting events were bad enough methods for Obama to avoid work, but now he's running around outside killing flies? The country is falling apart, thousands of people are losing their jobs by the month thanks to Obama's policies, every terrorist nation in the world now feels empowered to have nukes since they know Obama is a bitch and won't lift a finger, and what is he doing? Killing flies. WORST ADMINISTRATION....EVER!!!!

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

Here is another organization that has members over paid. These IDIOTS do not want a real job they want to piss off Americans as much as possible and charge us for it too. In this time and eco down fall I Vote PETA the #1 place for JERKS.
OK off to get a COW burger....moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

laura

OMG!!! get a life PETA. saving animals and pets are one thing, but making a big deal about someone killing a fly (that caries deseases) is going too far. what? there aren't enough furry animals to save? because he's the president, you have to make a big deal about it? whoever desided to make a big deal about this, needs to have a flyswater taken to them. get over yourselves! you aren't above killing a fly and neither is the president or the american public. it's going to die in 24 hours anyway, might as well make it sooner for the INSECT! it's an f***ing bug!!!

hahahahahha!!!!!

The state run media is acting like Obama killed Bin Laden. How desperate they are for any positive coverage for this moron.

lls

I am sooo tired of seeing his face plastered on every network and cable channel I turn to..............Now, TMZ has posted a story about him and Peta! Good gawd, this man wants to be a celebrity so bad. Pitiful!