Jon & Kate

Plus Divorce Papers

6/22/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon And Kate Gosselin
Jon
and Kate Gosselin just filed papers for divorce, this according to People.com.

According to the report, the papers were filed moments ago in Pennsylvania.

The two have been married for ten years. They have 8 kids together -- hence the title of that show.

There are reports claiming Jon is planning on moving to New York to live. Sources say he is considering moving into Trump Place.

Zgirl350

Kate is nuts.

Carie

First announced on their episode tonight that they were legally separating. Then flashes that legal proceedings were started today to dissolve their marriage. He finally grew some balls to stand up for himself!

liz1986

I don't believe Jon had the right to compare what is going on with him with those that are currently serving. Not even compare but mention them with what he is going through. They chose to be on T.V she let the fame get to her and he stayed the same guy who realized that she was money hungry and he didn't want that anymore. The worse part of it all is that the poor children because she will continue to put them out there for her own benefit. I believe this is her fault and she can only blame herself for what is happening. She can play the feel bad for me card but who treats their other half like crap and except them to take it forever?. Honestly I'm surprised he lasted this long with her. I really hope that she opens her eyes and sees the damage she is causing to her poor children. I hope nothing but the best for them.

sundayq

they are 5 and wearing bibs... please!!

Paulie Wants a Cracker

At first I was on Jon's side but over time I realized Jon just wants to be single(man ho) and childless. It's obvious that he is being selfish and son of a bitch. He just wants to date, drink, eat and be young a free. He will quickly pull away from his kids and Kate will have them 90% of the time. He isn't a parent but she is regardless if you like her or not.
I hate Jon because I know he just wants to be 18 again. I'm so thankful to Mother's who 99% of the time never walk away from being a full-time parent, men think they can walk away start over . I hope Jon knows he is most hated, it's ok to divorce if you haven't tried but come on people we all know Jon wants out just because he wants to be ho. Good luck with that Jon, we are tired of seeing your fat arse anyways. Oh and Ed Hardy is so out, get a clue you old man. Plug head!!!!!!

jackiem

THIS LITERALLY BREAKS MY HEART FOR THEM ALL, MY HUSBAND AND I DIVORCED, MY DAUGHTERS WHERE TEENAGERS AT THE TIME AND IT WAS HARD ON THEM, I CAN IMAGINE THESE LITTLE ONES, THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS TO PRAY FOR THEM AND ASK GOD TO HEAL THEIR HEARTS, THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE, NOT CHARACTERS.

jon&kate=hate

136. Well, someone owes me a cake.

In a perfect world, TLC will cancel the show for the sake of the kids.
A judge would put every penny of profit into a trust for the kids.
Jon will get the house, alimony and kids.

And Kate will get the fate she deserves....

Posted at 7:23PM on Jun 22nd 2009 by Elle

So true and I agree. But we all know this isn't a perfect world and TLC will continue to condone this BS. These kids lives will be a mess, but TLC will have a top rated show.

Stephanie

John is a freakin jerk.

April

Another Str8 marriage solidified by the Defense of Marriage Act...like we could do any worse with the right to marry....

dondee

Jon wants to be carefree. Yes, he loves his kids, but you heard him on the season opener with the run down.....married at 22, twins at 23, sextuplets at 27. I think this is a man that didn't grow up and now chooses to sow his wild oats. If you watch the earlier episodes, you see that he could be quite cranky with Kate, too. While Kate was perhaps more outwardly disrespectful, I think that Jon was passive aggressive by not anticipating what needed to be done and ultimately by taking up with that younger woman, hanging out at bars, etc. Yeah, Kate may be a b, but he is absolutely no better than her. The losers in all this, those adorable kids.

pattipoo

II just watched the show and i for one think it is so sad to see it end, byt did u listen to her she always said her children. She has belittled Jon for so long on the show and still is, she is a greedy money hungry person, End the show ,as far as i can say is it is throuh. Poor Jon, the guy never got a break, rarely did she praise him on any show, no man would beable to stand that, he put up with it longer than i thought he should have. He would be happy if it was gone, the show i mean. That is what has destroyed there marrige.

xx

Watched the show. Jon clearly made this choice and is selfish. What marriage is easy and how many of us really plan to have kids? He's taking the easy road out - it's about the kids my azz... its about him being bored, looking for new meat, and the kids are going to have serious issues. Perhaps if they had spent equivocal time in marital counseling, the story would have a different ending.

shirley

Well there you are...the smart thing to do was to opt out of the show and work on the marriage for the children and yourselves. They both are selfish. There goes 8 little lives down the tubes. The therapists 20 years from now will be very busy with all the emotional trauma they will have to deal with. These parents thnk the grass isw greener on the other side...believe me it's not. Stop your whining, get off the show and REALLY THINK of the kids Another American broken home for a quick fix that will eventually become a major disaster. and all for the mighty but...I guess that is true capitalism!!

elle

After watching tonights episode all I can say is -

KATE JUST DOESN'T GET IT!

Her disordered personality hurts everyone around her. For the sake of the kids, I hope she gets some intensive therapy and some kind of psychiatric meds.

Marla

On tonights show they announced that, they were seperating, they have already filed for divorce. It is true, and very sad. I do not feel sorry for Kate in the least, but what ever happened with "for better or worse", you know the marriage vows that he took not once, but twice. Apparently he did not take his vows very serious, and their promise to their children that they would always be together. They should have tried marriage counseling first. I think Jon just got a taste of all that money, and the good life and he just wants to be single again. Well I give him one year, and he will be looking to come back, maybe even two years, but he will be calling to come back. Maybe Kate will have someone else by then herself. What ever, I wish them the best, but they did not stop the show yet, and that is what they need to do. Especially now. because no one will watch it anymore. I certainly won't.