Jon & Kate Plus

the Worst Kept Secret

6/22/2009 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So it happened. Jon & Kate Gosselin announced their separation on tonight's show. Nothing will EVER be the same.

0622_jon_and_kate2_video-1
Jon is moving out and so on and so forth.

So we gotta ask...

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

pathetic

I agree with the number 2 comment. I think that Jon just had it. She belittled him so bad. My husband is easy going like jon but that doesnt mean you take advantage of someone easy going eventually they are going to get sick of being run over. Although I am sad 8 kids will grow up with no dad or mom together i thinkk its best and healthy for both parties. Name 3 married reality shows that made it other than the osbornes ( they split up between seasons).

1916 days ago

Mcbeth

I feel sad for the entire family. I thought Jon & Kate were perfectly matched in the beginning.
She took control(or things would have been chaos) ! Jon was easy going - I laughed every time he rolled his eyes at Kate. They cracked me up.
I wish they had never opened their family life to tv & the media. I'm sure all the perks made it sound worth it.
Kate appears so sad & stunned that Jon doesn't want to at least TRY to get the love back. Marriage counseling?
Jon is acting like an irresponsible teenager & throwing girlfriends into the mix. Shame on you, Jon. I've lost respect for you. I truly believe Kate would change if given the chance.
The children will suffer for these confusing behaviors. Jon will live to regret his actions.
So damn sad.

diane~

OMG some of you people! KAte had to be the stronger one in this relationship-cause Jon never had any ball$-she is a terrific Mother -so she wrote books and went out to promote them-he worked from home and still couldnt handle it-she is way more organized (which she has to be with 8 kids)than most of us ever thought about-it is clear tht he is the one wanting his freedom-he says oh im only 32-well buddy you got what you deserved-maybe if you had kept it in your pants and stayed away from those young girls and been at home with you rkids and wife you might be better off- i will watch the show once it resumes in August-i hadnt watched it that much but this season i have and i will continue to do so now-i think hes a jerk who has always been way too immature-hes only thinking about himself-he is the problem-you go Kate-i wish you all the best- godbless to you and those children! My Dad and Mom divorced when i was 8-they had 8 kids and my dad just couldnt grow up-he chased anything in a skirt-ended up he left when my mom was informed by a girls parents that she was pregnant- some men (&to be equally fair) Women just dont get it they always think the grass is greener on the other side-

1916 days ago

kaliki

Jon gets the dogs and all the kids except
Maddy and Kate needs to just leave - the family will be more harmonious

POOR JON , POOR DOGS

KATE IS A SHREW

1916 days ago

crystal

It was sad to watch..i feel so sorry for the children and even if they did not do the show kate would still be the same she had 8 nkids to raise she needed to be a control freak and jon clearly by this episode wanted to gt away from verything bc he kept mentioning the fact that he is only 32 he is still young he just wanted to get out and not for the kids what so ever

1916 days ago

Stacy

Why is everyone so pissed that Jon got earrings, ed hardy & hair-plugs?? Hasn't Kate been getting perks for years from the show that has kept her looking as one post said..."great"? I remember season 1. She had mousy brown hair, no tan , no boobs & no sense of fashion. Season 4 she's got all this & he has ...nothing, really, Now he tries to get himself looking better & ppl get on him? 32 IS young. As far as ppl saying poor Kate raising these kids herself...HELLO? Do you not see all the help & freebie's these ppl get?
My only gripe is the one I have with ANYONE getting a divorce without counseling, and this couple hasn't earned the right to quit just yet!
Stop watching & maybe they'll go away & learn to be people again - not "celebrities"

1916 days ago

Cindy

Why cant this show and Jon and Kate to just go away. she has been on the cover of People Mag. for 3 weeks in a row. after all they aren't Brad and Angelina. Far from it. they are nobodies!!!!!!! get their rats ass show off TLC! Jon is a big LOSER!!!!!!! he is ugly!! Kate should lose 15lbs.

1916 days ago

victoria

FIRST OF ALL NO ONE EVEN KNOWS FOR SURE WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND WHAT HASNT IT IS SOSAD ABOUT THE DIVORCE I FEEL FOR THE KIDS I HAD A FEW STEP DADS NEVER KNEW MY REAL DAD I ENJOY THE SHOW IT IS A SAD THING WHAT EVER HAS CAUSED THEM TO GROW APART MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF THEM EVEN WITH JON AND KATE NO ONE REALIZES THAT A DIVORCE CAUSES A LOT OF PAIN AND HEART ACHE AS I WATCH THE LAST SHOW WHERE THEY STATED HOW THE WERE GOING TO GET A DIVORCE I CRIED FOR THEM ALL MY PRAYER IS THAT THEY CAN OVER COME THIS AND WORK ON GETTING BACK TOGETHER REMEMBER MARRIAGE IS TILL DEATH DO YOU PART NOT UNTIL YOU GET TRIED OF BEING A HUSBAND OR A FATHER IT IS FOR LIFE BEFORE GOD THEY MADE A PROMISE TO LOVE EACH OTHER TIL DEATH DO THEM APART I PRAY THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL THINK ABOUT LOVE IS NOT A GAME AND NEATHER IS MARRIAGE AND IT IS NOT ABOUT THEM THEY NEED TO THINK ABOUT THE KIDS EVERY ONE NEED TO JUST PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY THAT IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO KATE GIRL MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU JESUS WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU YOU SAID YOU DONT WANT TO BE ALONE WELL JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT YOU HAVE JESUS ON YOUR SIDE AND THAT IS ONE MAN WHO WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU CAST ALL YOUR CARES UPON HIM HE WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH

1916 days ago

dahhh

sounds to me like jon just wanted to go play with his girlfriend instead of being a man and taking care of his family including Kate He should have told her to shutup along time ago you can't be so selffish to think it's okay to cheat because she bitched alittle okay alot. Still doesn't make it right to leave should have stopped the show and got babysitters and kept their jobs like normal people with kids do. Now the only ones hurt by this is the kids Jon and Kate will get over it but will the kids?

Tanya

Kate has been such a bitch throughout the show that I can't believe that he's lasted this long. I also don't think she's a good mother, since she's teaching her children these "good" values of snarkiness, degrading their father, constant belittlement, etc. I can't stand her, so I haven't watched the show on any regular basis. I don't think she's the "star" that SHE obviously thinks she is since her makeover. Some people think that because there's a camera around that they have to become the STAR. Many shows about real families have caused this disintegration under the camera lights (beginning with the Louds long ago). It seemed for awhile that the Roloff's were also taking that path, with Amy and one of her sons ganging up on Matt. I don't think that having cameras around constantly are good for any marriage. It's not just the cameras, but the implied duplicity of camera crew and "ganging up" on a victim for a good show. Even having company around that you love will create stress after a few days under the constant pressure of having to entertain. I refuse to watch any more such "family" shows. I would post this on the TLC site except that all the channels are at fault, not just TLC.

bluesmkr

If "people" think Kate JUST got controlling and bitchy lately they are crazy. Jon knew her personality traits long before 8 kids came along. One can only be controlled by another if they allow themselves to be controlled. Jon needs to get some balls, grow up and consider how his behavior is affecting the kids and Kate who have provided all the money for him to be able to live his new lifestlye. To me he is the one who has changed for the worse!

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23