Jon & Kate Plus

the Worst Kept Secret

6/22/2009 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So it happened. Jon & Kate Gosselin announced their separation on tonight's show. Nothing will EVER be the same.

0622_jon_and_kate2_video-1
Jon is moving out and so on and so forth.

So we gotta ask...

Cindy

So he complains about the press in tonight's show . . . I yelled at the TV, "What do you expect, you're on TV!" I'm so sick of both of them complaining about the press when they stick their faces in front of cameras all the time. If both parents really cared about the kids, they would stop filming the show. Tonight was the final straw--I'm no longer watching. Jon and Kate plus TLC only care about money. The show no longer depicts a "normal family." Let Kate continue whoring out her kids so she will not need to work a "real job" to support her kids like normal people. Let Kate live in a million dollar home and let Jon live in a NYC penthouse. They'd better save their money because those kids are going to need some serious therapy some day. Oh wait, Kate will probably get the State of Penn. pay for that too, just like she got free child care when they were infants. Starting tonight, there's at least one less fan of what has turned into the Gosselin infomercial!

kimmykakes

Cant say I necessarily blame Kate 100% for this mess but she is a shew. Jon needs to get rid of the 23 year old to try to save face in the public eye. My one question is what the he&% does a 23 year old want with a 32 year old man with a soon to be ex wife and 8 kids? Talk about some serious baggage.

moveover

Is anyone really that surprised? The odds were against them from the beginning. It's 2009. There's no such thing anymore as committment or loyalty to a spouse. Those are archaic sentiments in the age of Oprah and Dr Phil where it's OK for Mommy to leave Daddy so that Mommy can "feel good about herself"..... PUKE! They should both be ashamed of themselves for being so selfish. I feel bad for the children .... not the two idiot adults.

mominmo

I'm sorry for this to happen to the kids and even Kate too., but Jon had that i could cares less attitude that alot of men have in a early mid life crisis and that pisses me off worse than anyone of them owning up to something. He knows he is going to go play and become that little man Wh**e he wants to be while she takes care of those kids better than he ever could and never think twice about what he has done. At first it will be fine then those kids will be a burden to him if he is acting like this now. Thank God Kate is a strong organized lady and will be able to handle this on her own. Really she has all this time!!!!

SugarOmaha

They should get rid of the camera's and save their family!

frogs and gravel

I wonder how Jon will react when the show is renamed "Bodyguard and Kate plus Eight"?

PAMELA RUDD

THIS IS TO JON & KATE: I DIVORCED MY THREE SON'S FATHER WHEN THEY WERE 3,5 & 6 YRS. OLD AND IT HAD A AWFUL LONG TERM EFFECT ON THEM. DIVORCE PAPERS CAN ALWAYS BE WITHDRAWN .WE WERE YOUNGER THAN THE TWO OF YOU.IF YOU WANT THE BEST FOR YOUR CHILDREN RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION START TALKING TO EACH OTHER AND WORK THINGS OUT. YOU RENEWED YOUR WEDDING VOWELS IN HAWAII SO LIVE UP TO THEM AND DO WHATS BEST FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND THAT IS LOVE EACH OTHER AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE AND THAT IS A FAMILY WITH EIGHT BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN AND TWO PARENTS WHO CAN SHOW THEIR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER AS WELL AS FOR THERE CHILDREN. TRY MAKING LOVE TO EACH OTHER AND FORGET WHAT THE PRESS SAYS.

Cyndi

I feel for the kids....especially since Kate told them that they would "stay together FOREVER" on the hawaii episode. ugh.

um...

where's the 'BOTH' button?

LISA

It is so sad to see them get a divorce... Jon is over the show but Kate wants to keep it going... That is sad... It's all about the money to her... Grrrrr If TLC continues to do this show as "Kate plus 8" I will never watch another TLC show again... There is no comparison between Kate and any other american single parent... I don't have a a bodyguard, a nanny, a housekeeper or FREEBEES!!!!

Z3R0FiR3

I agree that this episode was very sad.

I was hoping for them to find a way to keep it together for the kids. But, people keep forgetting that people change and sometimes there is no way to just keep a smile on and put up with the drama and BS of a obviously failing relationship.

Jon & Kate did what was best, they ended it. They're both good parents and good people. Yes, they sometimes make bad decisions like every other person in the world. The only difference between them and the other people are that THESE people are on TV and in Tabloids constantly. I believe this could of been avoided if the Tabloids would have just backed off.

Wow

I'm sadder than I can say. I'm no fan of Kate's, but tonight I saw a woman devestated. Jon is thoroughly checked out. I felt like I was watching a burning building with 8 children in it.

CanadianDude

Poor Kids, they are the real victims.

Cheater Husband with Psycho B*TCh Wife. The couple got what they deserved. I hope they crash and burn.

Hope the kids make it out okay!

LH

it's funny how people are wondering why they didn't get counseling. How do you know they didn't? We don't know everything and this has been going on along time. Jon is so passive and "ho hum". I can't stand to watch him talk. It's like he has no emotions. Kate isn't perfect either. So, I think it's best for them. You could tell for along time they seemed fake with each other. The love is gone, and sometimes it's best to part ways for everyone.

Your age, Jon

Jon,
May I suggest you take your feet off the stool and give the announcement of your decision to dissolve your marriage the respect it is due. For christ's sake you have children who will watch this absurd video someday. Make sure they know that you didn't end your marriage as smugly and matter-of-factly as you appear. Newsflash, your children have feelings and this world is not about you and only you. Shame on you both. I never watched your show and I never will. Your children should be taken away and put in loving homes with at least one parent who doesn't look at a mirror before her kids.