Jonas & Kimmel

Parental Guidance Required

6/22/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Jonas is not of legal age to do a lot of things -- and one of them is perform on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" without his parents' approval.

jimmy KimmelRead the docs

When the Jonas Bros. appeared on the show back in March, Nick had to get his dad's signature on a parental consent form. Since Joe and Kevin are over 18, they were alright without it.

BTW -- Nick got $777.33 for the performance.

Amber

OMG!!!!! Nick Jonas is sooooooo CUTE...i luv the Jonas Brothers!!!

princesspink

FIRST OMG! I've never gotten first before - TMZ PLEASE GIVE ME A JOB, I JUST GRADUATED COLLEGE AND I AM AN ENTERTAINMENT EXPERT!!! I WAS AN ENGLISH MAJOR WITH A MINOR IN JOURNALISM AND ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA IS MY LIFE! Love you!

Re: This story. Those JoBro are so cute! Like little Mousketeers!

Corey Feldman is the king of douche Bags!

Nick Jonas took my virginity and gave me herpes... And I'm a 13 year old boy...
Should I tell my mom???

Dotty

I think it's good that minors aren't allowed to do paying jobs without their parents' consent. This is to protect the child and to protect any money earned as there is a written record of it. It also provides that at least some of the money will go into an account for the child that cannot be spent by the parent or used for the payment of any of the minor's expenses, so he will at least have some of it saved for the future. Of course, in the Jonas Bros. case, I'm sure money is no problem as they have certainly earned plenty of it by now, but in the case of other minors, it could be the only job they ever have in show business. I believe this law was enacted fairly recently due to the fact that in the past, child actors/singers didn't always have anything left when they turned 18 after they no longer performed.

I am

"Nicholas Jerry"...ackkkkk...what a terrible combination. Beyond that, I didn't realize that these types of gigs were paid performances. Learn something new everyday.

Whamo

Hey Princess_Pink......You sound pretty mature anyway!!! You say you're a college grad? You sound like a 12 year old little girl. If that's how all college grads write (OMG!!!!!!!!) then I'd be asking for my money back. Does your bedroom have pictures of buterflies,unicorns, jonas brother and Lady GaGa posters? You might want to get use to saying...would you like fries with that?

who gives a shit

Does that mean the other two didn't get paid?

CJV

@ #7
they do get paid but they are adults therefore they dont have to go through this process.
only nick has to since he is 16 and considered a minor.

CR

Its just to protect someone underage... like when they are on the road without their parents, Kevin is his legal guardian and signs for him (being 21) He really cant do anything without being signed for...