Perez Assaulted -- Claims Will.I.Am Is the Perp

6/22/2009 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Will.i.am, Perez HiltonCelebrity blogger Perez Hilton is accusing Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.I.Am of assault -- but we've learned cops have targeted someone else.

After last night's MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, Perez posted to his Twitter: "I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke."

But cops in Toronto tell us it was the general manager of the Black Eyed Peas -- Polo Molina -- who is under investigation and he turned himself in to police early this morning.

Here's the string of tweets Perez left on his Twitter page during the alleged beatdown early this morning:

-- I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please.about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Still waiting for the police. The bleeding has stopped. I need to document this. Please, can the police come to the SoHo Met Hotel. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I spoke to my lawyer. I really need to talk to the authorities. Please come to the SoHo Met Hotel. Have called the police. Need them here. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- The Toronto police are here now. Thank you. Please stop calling them. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Thank u all from the bottom of my heart for ur concern. The police are investigating the assault now. I did the right thing by reporting it. -- about 3 hours ago from web

not into mj

why is he twittering for the police to come?? do they really waste their time with this BS???

OJ

god blesss wil i am!! HERO!! HERO!!!
im so glad this fat bastard got his ass beat. i wish i could get a free shot on tubby!

LESSON: if you run thy mouth to the wrong person...you will end up picking up teeths!

spyderman

he definitely did a stupid thing to piss off someone that's for sure. that' nothing compared to what he does for a living. perez has done much worse.

GoSarahGo

9:08, I wondered, too, why you would twitter after an assault. I think the answer is for publicity. Boycott his site - don't let him be able to boast about getting the most traffic. If you MUST look at the site, only go once a week. Believe me, there are lots of other sites that have the same info only much more accurate!

babblepfish

Funny--there's NOTHING on pigez hilton's site now

carole

why would you twitter that you need the police? Why wouldn't you call the police yourself?

OJ

he got that boom boom POW!!!!!!

Kim

I agree with Mark... someone should have beat his a$$ a long time ago. LOL

well

You call the police, you don't twitter them. He had time to type all that but didn't have time to actually call the police?

GBABY`

hahaha .. amazingg .. made my day ... wht a mediawhore .. hw tough is it to call the cops urslf rather than twittering about it .. nd if will i am dint do it .. then i wanna see a defamation suit against perez .. take him downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

May

Hopeful

No, the ads are still up.

He probably didn't know how to use a Canadian phone.

compost

Perez needed a good beating. He's such a drama queen.

Hopeful

58. I'm thinking the same thing as everyone else. If you need help you call 911. You don't twitter for help. I think he's going to have a real hard time pressing charges for this incident since he was trying to create some sort of media circus instead of calling 911. I'm honestly starting to wonder if Perez is maybe not all there. Maybe that's what's wrong with him. Doesn't his mom live with him? Maybe there's a reason for that..
Posted at 10:37AM on Jun 22nd 2009 by Concerned

I agree. I don't think he is all there. His latest tweets are weird. He's still in shock and all he needs to do is work. Maybe he'll start a foundation.

I_Hate_Perez!!

Perez Hilton you are a f***ing douchebag!! Your ass is sitting there crying "ohh Will I Am hit me, oh I'm in pain, Oh I'm bleeding...hanag on let me tweet this" OMG shut the hell up. Twitter is the gayest thing I've ever seen and you have to write online blow by blow what is going on instead of calling the cops. You a a LIAR!!! Will I Am didnt touch you. You're just a stupid lilttle baby looking for some attention like Speidi.....maybe you should go jump off rock somewhere. And why in the hell would you call someone a fa* when they are straight...you are the one that takes it up the butt stupid! OH AND SOOO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT GAY PEREZ HILTON AND FAKE SPEIDI!! WAAA Carrie Prejean doesn't like gays so Perez has to cry about it....dude it's a free freaking country NOBODY has to like gays!! Like I want my kids growing up seeing gay people on TV and telling them its ok for 2 guys to kiss thats DISGUSTING!!!!