Baker's Dozen

6/23/2009 2:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 51-year-old resurfaced at some event in NYC, looking moody.

Anita Baker

Anita was once a receptionist at a law firm.

In the '90s, Anita sued her record label and won.

patti

Looking moody,,, no she does not!

Xandria

She still looks amazing and completely natural for her age, much better than Madogma.

My .02

She looks absolutely fabulous! Good for her!

damnfine

black dont crack

CHERYL

re: black..get fat...maybe we see a real woman who isn't afraid to enjoy life and age accordingly
without pandering to the public and/or media. When someone dares to be themselves and not
follow the crowd there is always someone to try to destroy them.

The beauty about most black women and women of color is we are not afraid to have "curves".

Tal

She needs to fire her hairstylist for that Name of the Rose monk-do, though.

DaisyB

"Moody"? Do you guys use a random word generator to come up with your adjectives?

Cboyett

She looks terrific. She is a unique talent with a one of a kind voice that can leave any man begging for more. I have always loved her work.

TMZ...these adjectives you come up with to describe people may generate sometalk, but it's all bad. Show some class and find words to REALLY describe the people. You people look petty and immaure in that department.

Erica

WOW she still looks the same! Looking really good!

That explains things!

TMZ...You better watch your step...you'll fall and hurt yourself one day.......using these lame-azz youngsters to write about grown folk! Moody?!?..... NOT!!! That's MISS Anita Baker to you knuckleheads!

Me

Gather the whole crackerjack staff around one afternoon and write a whole list of words that describe peoples' updated pics.

tabitha666

She used to come into the record store that I worked in back in the 80's--she was pure class & sweetness--even an 80's punk rocker like me loved her. We would keep our store open late for her (otherwise she'd get recognized & hounded for autographs. She still looks beautiful!

Jenny

Wow, its so funny. Just last night I was watching her videos on not-sure-if-I-am-supposed-to-say-the-site. I was a kid when she was popular but I still love and remember her very well. I respect her she is never in no clubbin druggin drama..Yes "black dont crack-but they get fat" because we can cook and e do love to eat good. Anita, you know did yardies dem luv you-

NY Mom

Beautiful voice, very talented. I never thought she received the recognition she should have. She looks great!

Vessa Allan

She has always been one of my favorite female vocalist. Amazing talent and still looks great. Wish she would record more.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments