Daryl Hannah

Faces Off with Police

6/23/2009 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Daryl Hannah has a smooth, flawless, gorgeous face that can stop traffic -- and today she got arrested for just that.

0623_daryl_hannah_arrest_ap090623018752_credit_ap_bn-1
The 48-year-old "Clan of the Cave Bear" star, a NASA scientist and their ragtag group of protesters were arrested in West Virginia after blocking off a road leading to a coal processing plant in Raleigh County. Hannah's crew was protesting mountaintop removal mining -- a type of mining criticized for allegedly harming the environment.

30 were arrested in total and booked on misdemeanor charges of obstruction and impeding traffic.

tipsy

I thought that was Loretta Switt from MASH.

kim

ENVIRONMENTALIST - HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN A COAL MINE OR KNOW ANYONE THAT WORKS IN ONE?

Annie

WTF did she do to her face??? Cheek implants gone horribly wrong!

mia

Kim, Daryl Hannah and the others are protesting mountaintop removal, not coal mining. Coal mining preserves the mountains, mountaintop removal destroys them. Mountaintop removal requires far fewer workers than coal mining.

KELC

I see oookkkaaayyy is on here again trying to degrade people doing a good thing

KELC

wv resident-coal mining is killing our environment- I know all about coal mining in WV my Grandfather, and 3 Uncles worked in them and all of them died because of it.

decompressu

Bravo Darryl Hannah! There should be more brave people out there like her, Jackson Browne and John Quigley (who
saved the tree out here in Santa Clarita! It's too bad there so many uniformed idiots that happen to read TMZ.
Maybe I shouldn't read it myself!

mia

Mountaintop removal is killing the environment far more than coal mining. At least coal mining preserves the mountains. I'll agree it's a very dangerous job. But mountaintop removal absolutely destroys the land and pollutes the water. It's a horrendous practice and I can hardly believe it's allowed.

PolarBear

Hey, someone asked what happened to her face. Answer: combination of camera lens distortion and face lighting. The photo is likely a wide-angle lens where things in the middle of the photo are pushed away (shrink) and things near the camera frame edge appear larger......so the effect is a distortion of proportions. If that isn't good enough of an explanation, listen to further clues in the song about the girl with kalaidescope eyes.

kennedy

SHE'S A WIERDO.........ITS CALLED PLASTIC SURGERY

rabbit on the moon

I remember the time she chained herself to a tree. What ever happened with that incident?

Patti

If they hadn't identified her, I wouldn't have recognized her. She has had her cheeks done, probably her eyes, her lips overly plumped and has lost her natural beauty. It's a shame!

Mik

When thay put up a Ugly wind-mill on the hill top everything will be o.k. Dumb A$$

NotAmused

OMG...her face looks horrible! She looks nothing like her "old self". I don't know who her plastic surgeon was, but that person needs to have their ass kicked!

Mountaintop removal is a devastating practice. My mother's family was from the beautiful Appalachian Mountains, but had to relocate thier homestead after the mining companies came in and reeked havoc on the majestic beauty, of the land. Shame on them and anyone who supports them!

Biff

She's still Bone-able, as long as you put a bag over her head first.....