Jack White -- Sweeney Todd?

6/23/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's White Stripes singer Jack White at an event in L.A. this weekend (left) -- and Johnny Depp in the 2007 film "Sweeney Todd" (right).

Jack White Sweeney Todd

One of them is wearing white pancake makeup for a role.

We're just sayin'.

faaw-q attitude

awwwwwwwwwwwww again

PolarBear

I've been a musician all my life and one thing has always been very clear to me; I saw the idea of the rock star and immediately directed myself away from that. Music and rock stars just don't go together.

Michael Madsen

Yah... I get it... Johnny Depp (in character) looks like everybody... next

amy

hello...what about jack white and JACK SKELLINGTON

annie

OH GOD, DEPP IS SO SEXY AND TALENTED I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE OTHER GUY................DEPP IS SO TALENTED PEOPLE MIGHT ACTUALLY TAKE HIM FOR GRANTED. HE'S A REAL ACTOR. A REAL ARTIST. AND SEXY AS LIVING HELL.

marky spark

jack white is a talentless boob. its a damn shame that hollywood is the only source of the U.S.'s entertainment, cuz johnny depp is considered one of our better talents. we are really in the toilet, folks!

Porky

JACK WHITE IS A GOD!

Seriously... Watch his cover of Sun House's song "Death Letter Blues" on the "Under Blackpoole Lights" DVD. If that doesn't rank as a religious experience to you, then you have no soul.

Karen Ann

I don't see it at all. I'm just sayin.......

iLUVbutts

nice dyed jet black hair you tool

.:Loki 4Ever:.

I always thought Jack White looked like Grima Wormtongue from Lord of The Rings hahaha

yadda yadda

give the man big blue eyes and he would be my sons twin (alhough my son is better looking). I personally like the dark look. Works for me!

Bill Cosby

Jack White might be the ONLY person in the entertainment industry who does things the god 'ole fashion way... write your own songs and form your own bands. No factories or music contests needed. Yes, he is a rarity. Someday in the future I'll tell my young nephews how back in the old days bands used to form on their own and would even write their own songs! And yes.... they also recorded them by themselves in the studio! They probably won't believe me though.....

esby77

jack is a pasty white god of rock...and johnny ain't hard on the eyes in any makeup so far!

2cute4u

oh dear, everybody looks like Johnny Depp in costume, and the world just keeps going around and around....