Jon & Kate Divorce Papers are Deceiving

6/23/2009 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kate GosselinThere's a report floating out there that Kate Gosselin has been separated from Jon for two years. That's not true, and we have the lowdown.

We now know what Kate checked on the divorce papers, which are confidential. There are two grounds for a no fault divorce in Pennsylvania -- the first is waiting 90 days after the papers have been served. Then, if both Jon and Kate agree the marriage is "irretrievably broken" ... the divorce can proceed.

And there's a second option -- that they have lived separate and apart for 2 years. But that doesn't mean they've actually been separated for that long. It means she must wait 2 years from the moment she considered the marriage kaput and began living separately (if only in different bedrooms). We're told the real separation between Jon and Kate is very recent and Kate checked the box just to get the clock ticking.

We found out Kate checked both boxes, and here's why. Jon may not agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken. If that's the case she has to wait the two years. So by checking both boxes, Kate is hedging her bets.

Ultimately, she would have to prove to the judge when she considered herself separate from Jon.

Jon and Kate

Betty

I love ya, TMZ, but you have it all wrong. If you're a regular watcher of "Jon and Kate Plus 8", you'll remember times when it seemed like there was a lot of faking going on between the two, and Kate just got meaner with Jon, and Jon acted like such a "beat" person and so depressed. I believe it was over long ago, even before they renewed their vows. It was all for the money and great trips.

A lot of people assumed Madi was acting out, because she was just naughty. Maybe she was acting out, because she didn't like lying and acting for the camera like everything was fine, when things at home weren't. The twins had spent a lot of time with the grandparents when Kate was pregnant... then Kate got mad at her parents and the kids weren't allowed to see them. How must they have felt. Then they weren't allowed to see their Aunt, Uncle and Cousins; who they had spent a lot of time with. The kids have been put through a lot.

Ten years from now they'll be on Oprah's couch telling the World how much they hated doing the show and how it ruined their lives.

TMZ hits a new low

And a P.S. to Betty: not you too! (get a life)

Ken

Sex with Kate must be like tossing a hot dog in a blimp hangar. No wonder Jon went after some young strange.

Betty

While Kate was treating her husband like dirt and basically seperated, she was going around to Churches and making appearances on Religious Programs like the 700 Club, talking about how great her family life was. The woman is not only a terrible mom and wife, cold and money hungry, but a liar as well.

Texas HoldEm

Duped the viewers? Lie on Court Doc's......

I hear DON HO singing "Hawaiian Wedding Song"

This is the moment
I've waited for
I can hear my heart singing
Soon bells will be ringing

This is the moment
Of sweet Aloha
I will love you longer than forever
Promise me that you will leave me never

Here and now dear,
All my love,
I vow dear
Promise me that you will leave me never
I will love you longer than forever

U-a, si-la
Pa-a ia me o-e
Ko a-lo-ha ma-ka-mea e i-po
Ka-'u ia e le-i a-e ne-i la

Now that we are one
Clouds won't hide the sun
Blue skies of Hawaii smile
On this, our wedding day
I do love you with all my heart

HA HA HA HA HA...........counting the bucks we're bringing in......

What a JOKE...

A.R

MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE SOME MARRIAGE LESSONS FROM THE DUGGERS 25 YEARS OF MARRIAGE AND 18 KIDS, THEY HAVE BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

Ashley

I am Team Jon and Kate all the way. I believe that it is the media's fault that people get divorced. I mean the recession must be hitting everyone hard to the point where they can earn money by running fake stories saying they have 100% true facts about people just to ruin "celebrity" marraiges. I also believe that it is like a game with all these magazines who can get the story first! Which is complete bs and is so stupid that if this is really what our society is coming to who the hell wants to even be in a world like this. Like Jon said last night their are soilders in Iraq fighting to keep us alive and all we can do is tear apart people's marriages? No one desreves to go through any of this and it is the reason so many people in Hollywood are getting divorced or splitting up, if people actually stayed together and ignored the public stupidity and lies maybe they will eventually give up on this fact, The game is to target a happy couple and dig up so much "dirt" on them that they eventually crack it's like a god damn aphrodisiac to some people when they know that they push someone so far that their lives are ruined and they are the only supposedly happy people in this world, well so they think! I think that the tabloids and the magazines and E news can all go to hell and stop gossiping like were in high school again I mean really GROW THE HELL UP!

Texas HoldEm

Kate An AFFIDAVIT is a statement of facts sworn under oath to be true and, if untrue,it should be attached to the Petition against you for a BIG FAT LIE......"EXHIBIT 1"......Renewal of wedding vows, same hotel same ole lies......tv footage....the committment for the kids....you know the 8 times $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for each one...

Texas HoldEm

SHAM WOW.....SHAM WOW....Are you following us camera guy?

who gives a shit

They put themselves in the media. You get what you get! I also think that she is doing the bodyguard!!!

Sad

I was thinking that Jon is excited envisioning a future without KATE, not without the kids. I think that's why he made those comments that "I've changed, and I'm just 32". He may have wanted to work things out, he basically said so on the last show of the last Season when he mentioned how he was tired of the cameras in their face all the time and wanted to live a more low-key life. Kate immediately commented something to the effect of "we'll see about that". It was very clear she had NO intentions of even considering her husband's wishes about taking a break from the show. After all, it's all for "MY kids" as she always says. I think Jon is realizing that their marriage is really broken and knows unless he gives into Kate's every demand and hateful treatment, he would be doomed. I do agree that the kids will be the ones who will be hurt, and I think John will come to his senses, hopefully before the custody issues are sorted out by their attorneys. Right now, he's feeling a great big release from this bossy, nasty woman. I DO think he has been great with the children, right down there on their level. If Kate's going to continue these stupid speeches and booksigning opportunities, who will be with these kids. I vote for John for primary custody. The kids are clearly affectionate with him, especially the twins.

Linda Mott

Jon and Kate both talked like they were going to continue the show for years to come. The child support would be overwhelming for Jon to pay. Now he is on the bandwagon to continue the show. She is now an author and would be bringing more money than he is. I wonder if she will have to pay him alimony.

bree5433

SINCE SHE HAD HER BOOB JOB AND TUMMY TUCK WHICH WAS PAID FOR BY THE NETWORK AND OTHERS SHE THINKS SHE'S BETTER THAN HE IS,SORRY KATE WHY PUT YOUR LIFE ON TV JUST TO GET A PAY CHECK GO GET A REAL JOB .......LISTEN TO YOUR FAMILY TV IS NO PLACE TO AIR YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS,OR TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL SORRY CAUSE YOU HAD EIGHT BABIES.THAT WAS YOUR DECISION.....OR DID THE NETWORK PAY FOR THAT TOO? YOU BOTH HAVE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN PAY ATTENTION TO THEM THEY NEED YOU!!!!!
YEAH I KNOW IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO GET A PAYCHECK FROM THE NETWORK THAN GETTING A REAL JOB,BUT
HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT WHAT THIS IS GOING TO DO TO YOUR CHILDREN? LOOK IT'S ALREADY CHANGED YOU!!!!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU BUT I REALLY AM HAPPY THAT JON STOOD UP TO YOU......

nira k

This woman is a con artist and pathological liar.

Cindy

Deceitful little bitch isn't she? When's the bodyguard filing for divorce?