Jon Gosselin -- I'll Ride This Thing Out

6/23/2009 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On the same day his wife filed for divorce, Jon Gosselin was so emotional about the major shift in his life -- he could barely concentrate on hitting a jump on his ATV.

media_removed.jpg

To his credit, the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star did spend some quality time with some of his kids at their PA home, but his wife was nowhere to be seen.

After a breakup, some people buy new clothes or completely change their hairstyle. Hopefully Kate is one of those people.

Stacy

First of all, Jon and Kate didn't mean to have the six little children.....how do you plan these things? You can't it just happens. Neither Jon or Kate are morons. Be in their shoes, and I bet all of you, if the opportunity arose would have done the same things. IJon is a great dad and Kate is a great mom. I don't believe they are exploiting their children...they both love them so much it is quite obvious. These two people have fallen out of love and grown apart within the past 5 years it is obvious, this happens often, it is not that big of a deal. People need to stop name calling, these people are like us. My heart goes out to Kate and the children. I do think they should have tried some counseling, but how do we know they haven't already done that. There is so much that goes on that we don't see. Leave Jon and Kate alone, if you like them like I do, you will stay tuned but if not go fly a kite!!! Though, I wouldn't have the patience for Jon...he is slow, lazy, and makes no sense when he interviews, Kate is efficient with all that goes on and Jon is lacking in that. I can see that these two parents don't click in anyway anymore, it is too bad, but they are good parents and can hopefully rebuild their friendship and do what is most important and that is looking out for these 8 beautiful children. Not sure about Jon though, he might want to be all about partying it up now and living free, I hope not, and if so, I don't want to hear about it. Kate is the bigger person here and will continue to do what she does best and that is be a mom. Kate I admire you...I am a 35 y/o woman who never married or had kids, I never found the right guy. All I want is my own baby to love and take care of......hopefully someday I will be blessed!

AGip

To all the people who talk S***about these people. I would like to see you take care of 8 young children all by yourself and see if you don't turn into a military style family. Its ridiculous how people are so worried about who getting divorced or whos cheating and not even blinking an eye toward the fact that the US might get attacked. Get your priorities straight!

wonderwoman

I THOUGHT THE BOYS HAD DOWN SYNDROME AS WELLAT ONE POINT...

ANY ONE WHOHAS TO TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS LIKE SHE DOESN AND HAVE TO PUT UP WITH JOHN'S CHEATING (POINT BLANK YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIE DOWN TO CHEAT- (HE WAS OUT DATING CHICKS AND SHE WAS WITHTHE KDIS THE WHOLE TIME) IS GONNA PISSED AT HER HUBBY BY THE TIME THEY TALK. aNYONE USES ABUSES YOUR TIME OR LOVE YOUR ARE GONNA BE UPSAET.

NO ONE MENTIONED JOHN CHEATING AZZ..... I DON'T CARE IF NO PICS OF HIM IN BED I SAW THE OPICS OF HIM AND THE LADIES WHILE KATE IS ALWAYS WITH THE KIDS. AS MOST MOMS ARE WHETHER ON TV OR NOT.

HE SHOULD HAVE WORKED HIS OWN JOBTO HAVE MORE TIME AWYA FORM KATE AND KIDS SO IT WOULD NTO BE OVERWHELMING..........

EVERYONE TALKING BAOUT KATE TUMMY TUCK BUT NOT ABOUT HOW HE WAS DOGGING HER ABOUT HER STOMACH AFTER SHE HAD KIDS. HE WOULD NOT SURVIVE ADAY WITHOUT HER IF HE HAD TO TAKE CARE OF THEKIDS BY HIMSELF BUTHE LEFT HER BUT TO DO IT THE PAST SEASON....

toni

Who cares! They are just pimping their kids for money!

John Galt for President 2012

With all that land, the two of them should agreed to let Jon build another small house for himself on the other side of the Estate then go over to the main house when the wicked witch of East was on the road doing her book and publicity tours (which is most of the time)?

Both of them are idiots for ruining their family like this. Not sure which one is worse. The show must go on? Oh heavens yes! Cant give up 75 G's and episode! Of course not. They keep saying they are "doing it for the kids" - who are they trying to convince - the viewers or themselves? Hopefully people will stop watching the show and buying the books and DVDs - burning them instead.

AnnQ

I feel sorry for their children. I also can't believe he put up with her B*tch attitude all these years....you can't treat someone like that and expect them to just take it.

Dirk Diggler

Man...her hair looks awful.

Miss Bu

Well the good news is that we have to endure Jon moaning about how he has no time to do the things he wants to do. You can really tell about him by what follow after he says the word "I". After this mid-life crisis is over may be he will realize that when you agree to have children "I just want to" dosen't always happen. I have never had a UTAH vacation or a vacation anywhere I never even left the county I live in why because my kids needs came first.

A.R

This is really sad, wish people would just leave them alone. I hope the two of them can work this out. Remember the wedding vows for better or worse, really dont think they gave it enough time 7/8 months and then divorce what happened to some counceling

Jamie

I can't believe all you losers on here and giving this guy a free pass to cheat on his wife with a 23 yr old and destroy his family. He is a douche. Everything about him screams mid-life crisis. His leaving has nothing to do with how she treated him, he just wants to be void of all responsibility so he can go party with college girls.

Ken

The real monster of all of this is David Zaslav, CEO of Discovery Networks. This is the man who has the ability to pick up his phone, call his head of programming at TLC and tell him to put a stop to this abortion.

Of course he won't. He could care less about the welfare of these children. He has attorneys telling him that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is not going to give up the tax revenue these eight little ATM's bring in. He has accountants telling him that even if ratings hover around 2M viewers per episode it is still higher than anything else on that channel. They could do midget shows every other night and still not draw as many viewers as Jon and Kate.

The only thing David Zaslav, CEO of Discovery Networks has going for him is that there probably is no such place as hell, since if there were, he would have his reservation booked already.

Granny

OMG STOP!!! WHO GIVES A FLYING CRAP ABOUT THESE PEOPLE!! I certainly hope this show show is cancelled, and people stop watching. Please. Their fame (wow now that's something to be proud of - their fame LOL), money and now their family is down the tubes. I feel sorry for the kids, the parents have what is coming, and it ain't over either.

Please NO MORE!!!

Lekili

Now lets just hope TLC cancel this fraud of a show so these little ones have a decent opportunity to grow up out of the spotlight. Their parents have caused them enough damage for their 5 young years already. What a freaking media circus!

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Cancel Jon & Kate Plus 8. TLC=Jon & Kate Plus 8=CASH=destroyed Gosselins

Nice going TLC, nice going Jon and Kate.

What else do you have up your sleeve? TV cameras following your 8 kids in rehab? TV cameras following your kids who get knocked up? TV cameras following your kids while anorexic or bulemic? TV cameras in the mental institution where your 8 kids will get treatment?

Jon & Kate, look down the path of life instead of buying more TOYS.

The rough road ahead was created by the rough road you decided to take 6 years ago with TLC.

lad

Leave them alone is right. Time to take a break from TMZ - you guys dont know when to back off.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments