'NJ Housewife' -- Reality Show Good, Sex Tape Bad

6/24/2009 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danielle Staub"Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub has no problem putting the most intimate moments of her life on display for the world to see -- except for when she's getting intimate.

Staub is trying to block the release of a sex tape her former boyfriend is trying to sell. Her lawyer filed a complaint today in Passaic County Superior Court alleging Stephen Zalewski, who also appeared on the reality show, invaded her privacy and has caused her and her young daughters emotional distress.

Also causing Staub's young children emotional distress -- seeing their mother on "Real Housewives of New Jersey."

Zalewski told Star magazine, "I'm definitely weighing my options as far as selling [the tapes] and getting them out there ... She cost me so much money, why shouldn't I make a few dollars?"

UPDATE -- Staub won round one. A judge granted a temporary injunction against the tape. The order could become permanent at a hearing next month.

Digital Safety and Responsibility

It is vital that our global leaders and society understand what is at stake here. Digital technology offers no pity, no remorse, and no flexibility to fame, money or power. It offers no apologies and no prejudices to anyone. Strong social influence may shield some of our citizens from rules and responsibilities like fines and poverty, but the President himself could not recall an unflattering image or video of himself, a friend or family should it become viral online. In short, you cannot hide from or unplug the internet.

If you use any form of digital technology, or frequent environments where digital technology is used, it is extremely important you understand proactive 21st Century Responsibility, Safety and Awareness also known as Responsibility 2.1C,

Learn more at IROC2.ORG

tiger'smomaphonytoo

She is a waste of viewers time.

nobodys fool

They are both skanks - she's the biggest skank ho ever - for what she subjects her daughters to. Parading all kinds of men in and out of their lives - she should she be investigated by DYFS. As for Steve, I'm sure she took him for everything she could get and when there was no more left- she apparently dumped him. Go for it Steve - she knew what she was doing when she made the tapes - she's a fame whore who loves playing the "victim". Victim my butt - she is what she is - a HO.

atabaw

Zalewski should be sued - what a douche. And I'm sure the "ladies" (not) of NJ (C, T & D - you rag mafi-osos) had a little coaxing in on this low life action. Danielle made mistakes in her past, who hasn't, so she has a freaky side, sounds like Theresa does too - Demi & Bruce Willis did as well - who cares! Leave Danielle & her girls alone.

chicagogal11

She is a low life

Sono

^ If he gets some money for them, good for him.

I had to do a google image search b/c i'm not familiar with any of these scripted 'reality' shows, but are there actually people out there who are interested in seeing any of these NJ housewives have sex? All of the photos look tremendously airbrushed compared to the TMZ closeup.

Violette-Blue

I'm all for leaving the past in the past, but when Danielle denied any wrong doing in her past that pissed me off. She wasn't only a stripper, but an actual hooker with a severe coke addiction. She sold the stuff, snorted it and helped beat up an innocent guy. She also made calls to the guys dad & threatened him. I mean, seriously?? She's not sugar & spice, no one is, but she is makes things alot worse for herself by denying the truth. Also, wtf that some tranny looking bitch like that can get married and have cute kids? Where is her exhusband? I heard she is in severe dept. Why isn't he helping her. What is the story??

gus

Low rent skank whore and her retarded gumbah borefriend. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

I am

Lets see...the PROSTITUTING, DRUG ADDICTED, DOPE DEALING, KIDNAPPER, EXTORTIONIST who is currently whoring herself on reality TV until some rich guy comes along and rescues her from her life of phone sex and charity blow jobs, has a problem with SEX TAPES that she created? I don't see her point. Doesn't look as if she has HAD any issue with PEDDLING HER ASS across the screen so far.

Jenna

she reminds me of my husbands ex wife...who was told once that perhaps it would be easier to install a revolving door for her "johns" to get in and out of the house. Her kids had a "new daddy" every week just about and she could figure out why everyone said she was a skank. Luckily for 4 of her 6 kids she abandoned them and moved on to another state and has not seen them in awhile so they are getting some normalcy. to bad for her oldest and youngest though. If this woman cared about her kids she would not subject them to all her dirty deeds. she is just gross.

Kate

OMG, she put herself out there for the whole world to see and now she's fighting what we all already know. If she was so concerned, she shouldn't have allowed herself to be filmed. This woman is just disgusting.

I am

Another thought:Is it possible that the Melissa/Joan Rivers- Botoxed-Skeletor-Beeyotch is really angling to get a big piece of the proceeds from the sex tape? After all, she hasn't received the divorce settlement from her unsuspecting ex-husband as of yet, has she?

Old Enough

I hope they cancel this show or at the very least tell her that her 15 minutes of fame are up. Enough's enough already.

Suze27

My son thinks I'm crazy for watching these shows but it brings a little bit of lightness into my life after watching the news each nite! As for Danielle, I didn't like her from day one, didn't believe her & couldn't handle all of that negative drama all of the time. Theresa, I know I was brought up with a lot of class & manners & I would have flipped that table if anyone had ever spoken down to me like that. I know myself too well & it is just one thing I won't tolerate from anyone and I agree with what you said during your interview, the bad vibes would have been getting worse day by day for me also until I finally exploded. So I don't care what anyone says about how you should handle yourself, sometimes a person can only take so much! I don't blame any of the New Jersey girls for being pretty upset right now after they've found out that had to live thru all that drama, table flipping episode only to find out Danielle lied to all of them. I really feel sad for her kids, that bothers me the most about the woman, her disregard for her own children!!

mojo3

I offer sympathy to her children. Suggestion to her: get a job...remove yourself from the show...cease looking for a "rich" man to keep you and your girls. Keep what little money to have in your pockets. Enough already with the botox, artificial
this and that. Respect yourself and your children. Do right by them, by keeping all your "MENZ " away from them or oneday
you may regret it!