Al Sharpton -- Pray for Jacko

6/25/2009 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al SharptonTMZ just received the following statement from Al Sharpton:

"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.

I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown.

I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family
."

Adralu

Hey Carl, You Ma'am are a MORON and a racist. A-HOLE

WHAT THE HECK

YOUR A JOKE AL.

Joy

I'M GOING TO PRAY FOR FARRAH FAWCETT AND HER LOVED ONES INSTEAD.

Kate

Media wh0re. Self-serving jerk. Opportunistic cling-on... Sharpton is all of these things, and so much LESS.

Michael Jackson is gone now, Al. You can save your so sorry face for something that REALLY matters to YOU.. making headlines for you, like the usual divisive political rants you normally spout in order to flash the fires of racism and discontent. Don't go away mad, Big Al - just... GO AWAY!

grinch58

OK, now the rats are coming out. This man makes me sick.

jds

Al.....this isn't about you.

Queen

mmafighter4life-- yeah, you're racist like several other posters. Remain in hell, it's optional. Rev Al. doesn't just show up at the scene of crime, People requerst his services. Everyone of other races that he assists is not reported to you. If you don't like, so what, Rev. Al will continue to stick up for those that need his help. We need more Rev. Al's and why wouldn't the Jackson family appreciates Rev Al's prayer. God knows where your heart is. Again, remain in hell with your racism.

Joy

I guess Al's not praying for Farrah and her family because she's white.

dreamer

Hey Al, what"s that white stuff under your nose. And by the way, shut your pie hole.

kymomto2

TRANSLATION : "Look how important and relevant I am really. Really, no listen, I knew him. Really. And I'm an important guy. And you all should listen to me because I knew him for 35 years and hosted him. (whatever that means) So please don't forget that I'm important during this great loss."

ChuckyDee

Al Sharpton is such a media whore! Why do you at TMZ give him any press?

Lakenormanmom

I don't see him making any comment about Farah Fawcett or Ed McMan this week...hmmm...and we are the racists!

Qkween B

AL SHARPTON GETS ON MY NERVES. AS SOON AS SOMEBODY IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY DIES, HE HAS TO ALWAYS BE THE "ONE" THAT COMES FORWARD. SHUT UP. WHY HE ALWAYS GOTTA ACT LIKE EVERYBODY KNEW HIM AND HE KNEW THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR DAMN GRANDMA AND THEIR UNCLES AND THEIR NEIGHBORS, ETC. ETC. ETC. YOU ARE NOT THE SPOKESPERSON FOR EVERYBODY BLACK!!! SIT DOWN, JESUS. YOU ARE SO DONE. SELF SELF SELF. I'M JUST AGGRAVATED THAT HE THOUGHT HE WAS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE.

mike

Al your a piece of trash. Get a job you loser.

Tonya7

I didnt know that AL Sharpton had known Micheal Jackson for 35 years. Wow its pretty long time. Anyway my nephew said to me Micheal Jackson just died as soon as I was shocked. That's when he danced like Micheal Jackson in tne front of me. I can't believe that he died before his family even his parents.Its very Sad. I Thought He was the last Youngest one but I realized that his sister, Janet Jackson is the last Youngest one. It affected my hubby. he wants to do anything to enjoy his life before it would happen unexpectedly . Life is too short. I love his adorable face when he was a little boy. I couldnt imagine what he would look like by now if he couldnt get surgery. I strongly believe that it could not happen to him today if he wouldnt get thru his surgery several times. do you agree with that? I watched news on tv. According to tv, his parents have 9 kids. I was puzzled up. I thought they had 8 kids. I remember thats 5 Jackson singers and I only know that there r only 3 sisters of his. I said to myself, maybe one of them is not famous but i could be wrong. May God bless him and let him rest in peace. Please show him respect.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments