Danny Gans 911 Tape

6/25/2009 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Las Vegas authorities have just released a tape of the 911 call made the night Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans passed away.

Danny Gans

Danny died on May 1, after a family member

called 911 to say Danny was having trouble breathing. By the time paramedics arrived, he was dead.

Toxicology reports indicated Gans died from an accidental overdose of painkillers. The incident report has also been released. Read it here.

Danny Gans Launch photos

rukiddingme

LISTEN TO THIS 911 CALL AND THEN GO LISTEN TO THE 911 CALL BILLY MAY'S WIFE MADE. WORLDS APART. ONE CALL IS FROM A WIFE WHO COULD CARE LESS AND THE OTHER IS FROM ONE WHO IS TOTALLY IN SHOCK AND HURTING!

kaligrl311

Note to self DON'T OVERDOSE ON PAINKILLERS duh

purposedriven

Dam thats freaky!! Hey Ya 911 I'm here with a dead man what should I do? Wow!! Unreal!! And very sad stay away people from the hydromophone!! It Kills!!!

Ballistic

"Accidental overdose of painkillers". Such a nice way of saying it that we use when it is a star. If it was you or me, it would be "A drug addict OD'd"

Michael Madsen

I'd O.D. too if my impression of Columbo was that bad...

Ned

Accidental, right. Just like Carradine's death was a murder.

Spin, spin, spin till we puke.

rukiddingme

WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST MAKE HERSELF A NICE HOT CUP OF COFFEE ON THE WAY TO GET HER SON? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SO INSANE IN MY LIFE. NO EMOTION AND NO URGENCY! MY BEST GUESS IS HIS WIFE MADE SURE HE WASN'T BREATHING BEFORE SHE EVEN CALLED FOR HELP! PROBABLY STOPPED AT THE INSURANCE OFFICE ON HER WAY TO THE MORGUE!

Still in Shock

4. Wow. No urgency on the wife or 911 operators parts. I would have been screaming for the kid to call 911 while performing CPR already. (Don't celeb families know how to do this? Especially when a family member has heart problems). I'm thinking if he wasn't already dead at the beginning of the call, the time lapse between the beginning and when she FINALLY began CPR is what killed him.

Oh, and note to me too ...DON'T OVERDOSE ON PAINKILLERS....

Posted at 2:09PM on Jun 25th 2009 by Melinda
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melinda #4
I was thinking the exact same thing you said in your post. She said it was her husband..if I woke up and my husband was breathing odd and then I wasn't able to wake him..I would have been yelling for the kids to call 911 ..I wouldn't just leave the room..Good Grief!!..the wife was gone for what seemed like forever..dayum...she sounded so calm...usually a person in that situation has a surge of adrenaline just trying to figure out what is going on...
I didn't hear anything to indicate the movement of his body to the floor..is it on there and I just didn't hear it??
I don't mean to sound mean or anything..but did anybody investigate this?
Police always look at the spouses response when their spouse is dying..or dead...this just sounded too weird to me..

Still in Shock

9. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST MAKE HERSELF A NICE HOT CUP OF COFFEE ON THE WAY TO GET HER SON? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SO INSANE IN MY LIFE. NO EMOTION AND NO URGENCY! MY BEST GUESS IS HIS WIFE MADE SURE HE WASN'T BREATHING BEFORE SHE EVEN CALLED FOR HELP! PROBABLY STOPPED AT THE INSURANCE
OFFICE ON HER WAY TO THE MORGUE!

Posted at 2:37PM on Jun 25th 2009 by rukiddingme
rukiddingme #9

EXACTLY!!! You said the words I was thinking too...That whole 911 call is one big red flag to me.

Bee

Why did the 911 operator tell her to do compressions on his chest ONLY?

No CPR?

Nothing to keep air going into his body?

Absolutely no sense of urgency.

Of course, we don't know how we would react in a similar situation until it actually happens to us. Still, you'd think someone would have thought to hurry. I mean, you can't leave a body there for 5 minutes while you go get someone else to help you. Why didn't she yell or scream? Worried about waking the kids up or upsetting them? Well, your dad is dead so hurry the hell up.

Kathryn

Wow. If it was my husband not breathing I would have ripped hiw darn body off of that bed by myself and started breathing for him at once. Didn't it seem quite a long interval of time for that woman to get her kid to help her? I would have been outta my mind? She (the wife) sure seem calm for her husband probably being dead, or is it just me?

tls

Maybe someone (Bee) should review the American Heart Association CPR guidelines before you make a statement about where to do compressions! Better yet, it is a good idea for everyone to learn CPR. Although the wife has a strange reaction to the situation, the 911 operator was fantastic instructing a lay person how to perform CPR. Not everyone in the same situation is so lucky.

TMZ hits a new low

WTF? Sounds like she was not interested in Danny Gans at all! What is wrong with this woman? Maybe she was coming off a drug high, i.e., space the F out. Seriously, this is the worst 911 tape. See if she can get her son to help? If my husband weren't breathing I would know it and be screaming my f'ing head off. And doing CPR since I am certified. She is completely disengaged! Gone off the call forever while getting her son. Wild.

namers

Geeze, that is painful to listen to. No emotion/fear from her or the son. Scary.

Terri

Wow, does she even care about him? Absolutely not a shred of fear and being upset that's he's not breathing whatsoever. I feel like I am listening to a lesson on how to give CPR...not that someone is dying or dead. If it were my husband I would be freaking the F!@K out. What the heck? Are they sure that she's didn't help him OD?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments