Liz Taylor -- 'Too Devastated' to Comment

6/25/2009 9:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor Michael Jackson
TMZ has just heard from Elizabeth Taylor's people who tell us:

"Dame Elizabeth Taylor is too devastated by the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson to issue a statement at this time."

Taylor, who was a close and dear friend to Jackson for several years, was the one who dubbed him the "King of Pop."

Cheermjm

When she is ready is she going to tell is if she is going to take care of the two older children. She is their godmother.

ALL DOGS CAN BITE

Really, Elizabeth Taylor is a "Dame" now? Celebs are the biggest idiots. Who next? Will that Twilight boy be dubbed a "King" soon? Fvucking STUPID!!!

Cheermjm

okay that came out like I was on crack sorry. skip the is after tell it will make more sense.

Miss E

I would like to say a farewell shout out to MJ! Regardless of what many people may think about the man, he
surely has done more good than bad!! I am in my thirties and I can remember growing up on MJ, he was an
icon then just like he is and always will be. He was a great human being and a great man who believed in
humanity and the well being others. If any of you could remember, he brought people together!!! He was be
hind the 'Feed the World' c ampaign, etc. He has a true legacy that no one can touch, for real!! I don't cry
over a superstar, but today I did. People life is too short, don't waste it enjoy it!!! My heartfelt condolences
to the Jackson family and the Fawcett/O'Neal family. Surely they are in my prayers.

Kendra Would Rock Your C**k!

Dottie? Why was she always "throwing" things at him? I thought they were friends.
Gotta' love those public schools. Jeez.

whoisthat!

The picture looks like Judy Garland, not Elizabeth Taylor.

Whatever

~~~~5. So she issued a statement saying she can't issue a statement? Ooooooookay.~~~

I totally agree. Her publicist must be retarded.

shiker

Liz could be holding back, due to the fact she maybe an executor to his estate or something more...it is odd that a celeberity friend is summonded to the hospital in the same fashion as a family member. executors have to make big decisions you know...RIP MJ will never be another one like you

BOZZ46

SORRY ABOUT LAST COMMENT LIZ, THE FULL STATEMENT SHOULD HAVE READ:

TO THOSE WHO SPEAK NEGATIVELY IN THIS HOUR, DO YOU BELIEVE IN "KARMA" OR GOING TO HELL, OR REAP WHAT YOU SOW? WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU? WHAT DO YOU TEACH YOUR KIDS?
TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL, JUST REMEMBER HIS SPIRIT, YOU "WILL" GET THRU THIS!
GOD'S GRACE IS OVER YOU ALL!

ml

This picture of Elizabeth Taylor look awful. Has Miss Taylor been sick?

Marianne

I hope this gets through because I have tried multiple times...all of Michael Jackson's family and friends should join together and support each other and support his children. Then they should start a charity or special fund in his name. They should pray for strength and put his children first.

BOZZ46

LIZ COME OUT WITH SOME OF THE FIRE YOU ARE KNOWN FOR ALONG WITH YOUR GRACE.

YOU ARE WHAT IS KNOWN AS A TRUE FRIEND

GOD BE WITH YOU IN THIS HOUR

denise

Huh? You mean to tell me she's still alive? I thought she died YEARS ago.

freddy is cool!

i have always loved you michael, and been one of your biggest fans, your talent is one of a kind, my heart is broken and i am filled with sadness, your songs and talent will love on forever mj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are one of the GREATEST, most talented performers of all time!!!!!! you are the best and there will never be another person like you!!! I will continue to listen to your songs as I always have, and watch your amazing dancing, as will many many many others, and you will keep living on!!! you are one special human being!!!!!!! prayers for your family.

whatsupwiththis

Goodbye, King of Pop. Thanks for the great music!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments