Farrah Fawcett Dies

6/25/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett We've learned Farrah Fawcett died at 9:28 AM today. Ryan O'Neal and Alana Stewart were at her bedside. She was 62.

She died at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica in the ICU. Also present -- Farrah's longtime friend and hairdresser, Mila Murphy, and Dr. Piero, who has been caring for her.

Farrah's only child, Redmond, was not present. He's currently in jail. A petition will have to be filed for Redmond to be able to attend the funeral -- as of now, this hasn't happened.

The "Charlie's Angels" star was diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006.

UPDATE: We've learned Ryan and Farrah did not marry during her final days. Alana Stewart, who has known Farrah for 30 years, said "she will always be there as that angel on the shoulder of everyone who loved her."

Ryan O'Neal just released the following: "After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Farrah Fawcett

CRS

It might surprise some people that a person my age could be so struck by this loss, Farrah was most popular before I was born but continued to be awesome in many facets for a very long time after. I had just recently watched her story and was very struck by her strength. You can have an awe inspiring body as well as a strong mind and she sure proved that! My heart goes out to her friends and family, and also her large number of fans.
Farewell to Farrah, ode to awesomeness by CRS http://twurl.nl/40pr8j I'll most likely remember her most from Logan's Run.

fire truck michael

To a beautiful person with a big heart. You will be missed by many. Your pain and suffering is now over, another angel got her wings. may god bless on you on your journey to heaven, and may you have peace with your heavenly father, rest in peace, farrah.

Angela

Heaven has another angel. Your beauty, courage and inspiration live on forever. Thanks for the great years of entertainment in my childhood.RIP

mickey

I´LL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE . NOW INSTEAD OF CHARLIE´S YOUR GOD´S ANGEL. MY CONDOLENCES TO YOUR FAMILY.

Lisa

I loved Farrah Fawcett. I'm so glad she doesn't have to go through that pain & suffering anymore, even though it'll be hard on her family and friends.

lilladi

saddened by the loss of Farrah Faucet my heart goes out to your family, hopefully her son will be able to attend the funeral...

Kimalyn

God bless your soul and bless the lives of you friends and family so that you may rest in peace. I love you.

donna wolf

i just want to say that farrah was the lady i wanted to be like growing up i watched her on charles angel and i think she was a great role model to me i will miss her my prayers are with her family at this time god bless you farrah

WEBSTER UZZLE

RIP!!!!!!!!!

WEBSTER UZZLE

THE WORLD LOSE A GREAT PERSON AND MOTHER MY CLON GO TO REDMOND AND RON O"N.FARRAH WAS THE
BOMB IN THE 80 AND TO THE END.RIP IN HEAVEN!!!!!DEAR FRIEND

Margo G.

So sad. She seamed like a beautiful, sweet, peaceful, funny lady. RIP Farrah. I feel for her father, son and Ryan.

DW

So sad that Farrah's passing has been overshadowed by Michael Jackson. Sincerest condolences to Farrah's family and friends.

Tami (bubba)

Farrah you were my hero. I dont care what anyone says, You were the best. A strong woman, and a fighter, and you inspired me as a child, and forever. You taught me to never give up and, because of you, I never will. I was diagnosed with cancer in April 2008. And I admire your strength and courage. May you now rest in peace and feel no more pain. God Bless You. My heart goes out to your family. Bless them all. You are my hero, forever Farrah! TFBubba

Lyn Wilton

Farrah, you fought a brave battle and I am truly inspired by that. I have had health issues similar to yours & you have given me the power to fight. I thank you for that. God will look after you sweetheart. I will miss you. Thankyou for leaving me with strength & courage. You are beautiful! Lyn

Kim

Im just shocked. Farrah was my favortie actress i just loved her...I remeber her in charle's angels but most of all her movie the burning bed. I will truely miss her my prayers are with the family