Hurricane Hits Louisiana Capitol

6/25/2009 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Why not let Hurricane Chris rap about Halle Berry inside the Louisiana House of Representatives -- it's not like they have anything more important to be doing there, right?

The rapper, a.k.a. Chris Dooley, Jr., was recently honored by his home state. But instead of giving him a key to the city or some random certificate of congratulations, they gave him the House floor -- and he brought his beats.

Fan Since 2007!!!

In one shot homie has brought down what Obama has brought up...

SLC

disaster asking for help you insensitive a**holes. I'm certain no one
asked YOU to help with anything, you seem to be pretty useless
anyway. Until you live through something like Katrina or LOSE someone
to something like Katrina, shut your squeak holes you halfwits.

geauxtigers

I couldn't of said it better!

71. To all those making rude hurricane comments...I do hope you're never in a natural
disaster asking for help you insensitive a**holes. I'm certain no one
asked YOU to help with anything, you seem to be pretty useless
anyway. Until you live through something like Katrina or LOSE someone
to something like Katrina, shut your squeak holes you halfwits.

Chris Bryan

As a former resident of New Orleans, Louisiana, and now living in Florida, I am embarrassed this type of activity was allowed to go on in a State Office. I have nothing against rap music, but there is a time and place for everything. This was NOT the time or the place....

CJC2511

Like the vast majority of the people of my state, I am thoroughly ashamed that this has happened. Every one of the legislators that allowed our state house to be desecrated in this manner should resign immediately. The idiocracy is upon us. Wake up America! If you allow yourselves to be ruled by a government consisting of political elitists and corrupt money-grubbers who care more about their own power and political well-being than being good stewards of the public trust, then you are looking at your future.

Ava

That is the most ridiculous thing I have seen/heard.

Britni

are you effing kidding me?! keep it on BET son...

ashley

hey real deal, noo You are obviously an child...lol aren't you the one who said '' and they wonder why people didn't help them''? But here it is you are ''claiming you did'' ? LOL ok, also, OFCOURSE everybody had aid available it's called FEMA, ALL ACROSS THE US, man you are ignorant, ALSO, incase you didn't get the memo, New Orleans does NOT REPRESENT all of LOUISIANA....there's a fun little fact for you to ponder on, so go hate another state, oh and BTW, I would love to see this site you got your information from LOL thanks

Mary Lites

OK I am from Shreveport,what embarassement, the capitol is not the place show-case your nephew. I do hopw Barbars Norton is not re-elected next go around. To Gov. Jindal, I won't vote for you either if this keeps happening! ! ! ! ! !

cnstarsntx

thats was so ignorant, im embarrassed and all i did was watch it!!!!!!!..........and might i add i didnt make it thru the whole thing

vetgirl

Can we just give Louisiana to Mexico?

KEEKEE

There is no reason to criticize Hurricane Chris, that song is really popular & if u don't like it then that's ur business. I don't like country music but I would not be mad about Faith Hill or her husband performing for the Superbowl or something similar in nature with people of different favorites watching. But what I don't understand is what made them have him perform that song in the House. I know he was mad uncomfortable..I would be because that's not the audience for that song but that's good his home state is acknowledging him! That just shows how much times are changing, he was accepted were most would not even accept him in the free world. Just look how judgmental people are on here....When are we going to realize we are all different and come from different places? Its called CULTURE. There are many different cultures and sub-cultures in the world. So u can't judge that man, only god can. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth

I am from Louisiana and that just pisses me off!!!! I can't Believe that something like this as happened in the Louisiana House of Representatives. That is a place that Work should be getting done! NOW WONDER everything is louisiana is messed up! They should be concentrating on the educational system and not stupid things like this. Who did this benefit? NO ONE, That's who. They want things to be equal, so they will ship kids from one side of Baton Rouge to the other,even though there is a school across the street, so that it is equal blacks and whites in their schools, but they will turn around and do this!!! I hate to say it BUT I HATE THE STATE OF LOUISIANA!!! As I can see, not even the people in the Louisiana House of Representatives are educated!!!!

KEEKEE

73. this is why i will never respect these people

Posted at 6:23PM on Jun 25th 2009 by richndfw

Excuse ME???? THESE PEOPLE???? Are you referring to Black People??? Why and that's why I will never respect you people.

chocolate bun -bun

what a embarrassment. Excuse me what was it he did for the city. That was really low!