Jermaine -- They Tried to Revive for an Hour

6/25/2009 10:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's brother, Jermaine Jackson, released a statement to the media at UCLA hospital -- telling the press a team of doctors at the medical center tried to resuscitate Michael for more than an hour.

Jermaine Jackson: Click to watch

TMZ also obtained a photo of Jermaine moments after he arrived at the hospital. The emotion in the photo speaks for itself.

Jermaine Jackson

NYCStarlet90

First of all something that needs to be said is that, no matter what micheal's past may have been, the man just died! i truly believe that all the negative info about his past and the rumors of molesting children is over with and should not be discussed anymore or at least for this moment of tragedy. It's enough. Please have some respect for the dead.

optimistic1001

I hope Michael had a Will and his stuff in order in case this happened. I can see it getting ugly if he didn't . I feel bad for his children too.

Grammar nazi

God TMZ, how much cash do you carry around in a suitcase to get pics like this.

Hoeech

First Ed McMahon, then Farrah, now Michael Jackson. This hasn't been a good week at all. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Nichole

My question is where were the staff when he was having a heart attack??

Here is my tribute to him

Lio

I'm with Shaydie on this - how the HELL did you get that pic! Anna, Heath, and now THIS! DAMN! You guys are on FIRE!

deez s

I bet someone with a camera phone happened to be walking by snapped it and sent it to tmz

joe

http://twitpic.com/8et2f CHECK THIS OUT AND HELP WRITE TO CNN TO GET THIS ON THERE OR TO TMZ

Peterson32

His health was so poor that there was nothing that could be done. You can't revive a body when that body has no strength. It's obvious his people were with him right when they needed to be. Trying to revive someone for an hour is a formality-death occurs quickly when someone is this weak. Even TMZ reported he was often hours late and lethargic for rehearsals. His death had been in the works for years.

Thankfully he's stone cold broke and millions of dollars in debt. That's good news because that means douchebags like La Toya won't see any of that money. Quite a silver lining if you ask me.

Roger Gallo

Harvey ---You and your crew have done an excellent job covering this sad, but remarkable story. I wish you would cover more important and relevant celebrity news (I don't mean deaths) in the future than the often inane, tabloid-inspired crap you often do. Harvey Levin --I attended the O.J. trial several times with you and heard your reporting. You're a very savvy, smart guy --I just wish you'd up the standards of TMZ. Thanks.

Alibaba

I find it VERY odd that a doctor was with him at the time of the cardiac arrest. I bet $$$$$ it was a drug overdose...

who dat

Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson will conduct the investigation. Than You.

Elizabeth

@12
Dont praise death in the name of Jesus
"I prayed to Jesus"

el polacko

jermaine has always been full of it... michael was not breathing when the paramedics arrived and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital. this may have had something to do with it:

An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol — similar to morphine.

A Jacko source said: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing.

“His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.

BOZZ46

TMZ, I HAVE WATCHED YOUR SHOW A FEW TIMES. SEEMEDO YOU HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD & RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEES, NOT TACKY. BUT TODAY I ONDER, WHO'S ON YOUR PAYROLL AT UCLA, I GUESS THIS IS CALLED RESPONSIBLE REPORTING! OMG

TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF MICHAEL, JUST REMEMBER HIS SPIRIT, YOU "WILL" GET THRU THIS!
GOD'S GRACE IS OVER YOU ALL!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments