John Landis Calls the Man He Sued 'Tragic'

6/25/2009 10:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

john landisWe just got a statement from John Landis -- the man who directed Michael Jackson for the "Thriller" and "Black and White" videos. It's somewhat harsh -- not surprising, because Landis has an active lawsuit against Jackson, claiming the singer stiffed him over profits for the Broadway musical of "Thriller."

Landis says, "I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure. My wife Deborah and I will always have great affection for him."

swampfox

Hello,

John Landis made the comment that MJ was a tragic figure! Last time i looked MJ didn't brutally kill anyone like Landis. Remember that forgetful movie twilight zone where he was responsible for killing vic morrow and those two little kids. Hey John! remember that little saying that if you live in glass houses you shouldn't throw rocks!! you skinny dweeb!!!!!!!!

swampfox

JOHN LANDIS IS A CHILD KILLER AND FUNNYMAN DON RICKLES AIN'T GOING TO SAVE YOU SKINNY GUY!!!!!!!!

swampfox

aND TO THAT COMMENT ABOUT ASK PAUL MCCARTNEY? WHAT DOES HE KNOW? HE'S IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS LANDIS, HE'S A WIFE ABUSER AND DESERVED TO LOSE HIIS COLLECTION OF SONGS! WHAT A AHOLE!!!!!!!!!

BLUE

JOHN LANDIS IS A JOKE!!!!AFTER ALL THE MONEY HE'S MADE OFF OF MICHAEL YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD KEEP HIS GREEDY MOUTH SHUT AND NOT SAY ANYTHING>>>HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT HIM HE AND HIS WIFE WHO ALSO LIVES OFF OF THE MONEY MICHAEL HAS MADE>>>>>>I'M SURE YOU HAVE THINGS JOHN YOU CAN PUT ON EBAY AND NOW GET PAID.

spogo

I completely agree with landis comments. MJ was a tragic figure, a mixture of extreme talent with odd and strange behavior. He should be remembered for his musical genius. not all the negatives

rain

That was a hurtful thing to say....

Noel

John Landis should be ashamed of himself for continuing his pathetic lawsuit against Michael Jackson now that he's dead! What exactly does he think he's trying to prove I wonder? Obviously, it's pure greed on his part. It's a shame some idiots are so consumed with money and less on human decency. John Landis is a fool in my opinion with absolutely no ethics at all!

Poor Michael

John Landis is a greedy jerk and those who are speaking ill of the dead here need to get a heart! Michael Jackson is not here to defend himself anymore! Why don't you Michael bashers just leave him alone for God's sake? I have seen enough Michael bashing on TV lately to make me want to vomit! It's disgusting and unfair to talk trash about someone who gave so much to the world before he left it. Can you bashers say the same for YOURSELVES? I hope someone smears your name all over the place when your time comes too just like you have done to Michael!

NitroVideo

This is really a surprise. I feel bad to see anyone die so young - certainly tragic

Becca

first...
and he was tragic. and probably a pedophile. he had a chimp, covered up his kids and lived on neverland ranch. he was not stable and probably was addicted to pills.
an amazing entertainer. loved his music, but he was a mixed bag.

hairspray

how is that harsh?

NitroVideo

Becca, can you help me with my sexual addiction?

Krysta

It's sad when someone dies and people still act ignorant. RIP MJ

Joshua

John Landis is a STAND UP GUY!!

TMZ is looking to trash Michael.

Lio

Jesus - you guys posted an HOUR before most corp. news stations - were you frekin' staked out @ his house? Anna Nicole, Heath, and now this! DAMN - you guys are ON FIRE!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments