Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

6/25/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE -- Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50. Click here for the latest.

We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

1102-michael-jackson-getty-ex

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."

PEPSI Generation

=DOA watch your back grass hopper NOW for sure!.DOCTOR STICKY and thung face SS Ca$$SH N in.$ big hollywood brother SS

Korie

Michael Jackson was pure talent. I grew up watching him and wanting to dance and sing just like him. I hope that now he has peace. I pray for the jackson family, He opened up some many doors for so many people. I am blessed to have lived to see his many preformance and he will truely be missed.

BB Guitar

The strange thing here is: 1 - He was not moved from the bed for CPR and this may be a sign of respiratory arrest leading to cardiac rest 2 - Any cardiologist would of know that and moved him to the floor immediately to begin CPR. Narcotics cause respiratory arrest

Marla

I have read so many negative comments about Micheal and i must quote Micheal and say "Take a look at yourself and make a change!" There will never be another MIcheal Jackson .......he was a gift from above and many failed to see him for who he really was a very special unique individual. The Lord gave us and taketh away.

babygirl

To all the negative un-human beings making all the ugly comments, you people really need to pray for a better heart (soul) because you will have to answer to GOD and when you lose a loved one hopefully the ugly comments you made about Michael Jackson; the comments will come back to hunt you.

QUESTION: This, I can't believe this doctor did not have the AED machine with him to help with the CPR performance.............All I want to add is I think everyone should have the AED machine in their home.
Jackson Family my heart goes out to you all and I am a very BIG fan of Janet she is my idle....GOD BLESS YOU ALL....C.C.

jason t

Take a look at Michael's song lyrics from his 'Blood on the Dance Floor' song "Morphine"!!!!!!
...Sadly it seems to be a song about him self and know his own personal and REAL life struggle with Demorol and Morphine... and That was in 1997!!!!!
Michael Jackson KNEW he was going to die from his additions...He even told Lisa Marie he was scare that it would kill him one day....I think that the main reason Lisa Left Michael was from the Drug addition(s)
Very sad that no one would truly get or actually intervene and force him in to get proper help. look at Corey Haim...he was believed to be an addicted to prescription drugs too. Funny the press interview him about Michael...

shannen

whoa.... the ppl who were commenting first (pages 1, 2, 3...) had nooooo iiiiiDEEEEEAAAA!!! omg....when i was reading them first.... i kept saying that.... "you have nooooooo IIIDDEEEAAA!!!"

when sum1 dies, i don't feel that sorry for that person.... compared to how sorry i am for his/her friends and family....

i can't say "i'm sorry for you Michael Jacson" juz how could he get this? i'll say... "i'm sorry for what happened" to his friends and family... if they ever get this.....

darrell mason

what a sad week its been i am very sad we have lost an icon
god bless

gloria molica

Will Michael Jackson be buried in the same coffin he was photographed in? In the 90's he was reported to rest in a coffin.
Where is the coffin from the 90's?
Gloria

gloria molica

Portable defib. Why didn't the good doctor have a defibullator close by? Only 5-7% of people survive a SDCA. I am a survivor, ONLY because my employer had them in every areas, and highly trained medics. This was in 2001. I was 52.
SDCA, not uncommon in our generation today.

Medina

The people who are making jokes about MJ
burn in death
I will pray for you that you will die soon! m... f.. ckers!

Alex

Someone really talented and awesome has passed who also gave alote of money to wonderful charities. MIchael was someones son, Brother, freind , and father. How heartless are we that we judge others for being eccentric and different. Some of the comments here are horrible and God helps us knowing there are so many cruel and unsensitive people in this world. Micheal you rocked thank you for your talent many of us will never forget you

Shawn

I hope everyone making jokes gets cancer and suffers. Stop making jokes!! RIP MJ. :-(

earlgp

Illegal drugs killed Michael Jackson, that's obivious. He was a drug freak. Anybody out there, especially in the Hollywood and Entertainment Industry, after the death of Michael Jackson, who doesn’t look at themselves and say “I have to get off of and away from this accepted drug lifestyle” is without a doubt a 100% blooming idiot moron, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Regina

Too young and too heartbreaking. I'm very upset and sad over Michael Jackson's
passing. I cried for days over his untimely death. My prayers, thoughts, love,
and support are with his family.

God gained an angel. Michael, you will be sadly missed. Thank
you for giving and sharing your talents with the world. You are more
than the King of Pop -- YOU ARE THE KING OF MUSIC.