Mother of Jackson's Kids

Reacts

6/25/2009 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonWe're told Michael Jackson's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, is "inconsolable."

For the record, Debbie gave up all parental rights to the two children -- Paris and Michael Jr. Therefore she is not legally in line to take custody.

UPDATE: We just pulled legal documents regarding custody of Debbie and Michael's kids, and you can see here the moment when Debbie gave up her parental rights.

In the docs, when Debbie is informed she'll have no rights, she says, "Not that I don't love them. I do. I think they're adorable. They're his kids. They're his kids. They're not my kids. They're his kids."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ms Coffee

I followed Michael for many years and am saddened by his death! For those that wish to trash his name just remember how you would want your parents (family) to remember you when you are gone!
Ms Coffee

chellebelle59

Just a brief comment about Debi Rowe. It was reported on Fox News today that at first Rowe did sign away her parental rights but a higher court REVERSED the order. So, there is a chance that she may obtain custody of, at least, her two children. As for what he may or may not have done here on earth...it's a moot subject now. The family is in mourning as is the whole world. Leave the judgement where it belongs. My condolences to the family and friends of Michael Jackson.

easter nyerembe

I Loved Michaels songs much and that most of them were popular and thus whenever I hear some of his first album songs reminds me of my childhood as my daddy used to tune them for me along with my sleep and again the father of my kid on our first days of dating had been playing Michaels' records as he knew I loved them... Michael RIP

PHILIP

MISS U MICHAEL..MUSIC IS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

Funny Though.

DEBBIE. You are an idiot.

Funny Though.

Juana Doe
What about the example their little boy raping dad was?? I hope he didn't rape them too.

Funny Though.

KIMBERLY: I would like for you to shut the crap up! He doesn't deserve good words. He raped little boys you idiot!

Funny Though.

I think there was somebody hiding on the grassy knoll!!

JPete

How sad. I grew up listening to his music and watching his videos. I even sported a glove for a while...:) I don't know if all of the accusations were true about MJ or not, I do know he added alot to my childhood and I thank him for that. My thoughts and prayers to his children and family.

Debbie

To singermagic1:
How can those kids look anything like MJ after all of his surgery? It's imposible.

That being said, I don't think Debbie Rowe should get custody of the two kids that are hers. She obviously has no interest in them, nor has even seen them for years. The kids don't know her as a mother. I can't imagine that she would be a good mother to them, giving them the love and nurturing that they obviously need now. Someone in the Jackson family should get custody, as long as it's not Pappa Jackson. I'm afraid he'd abuse them like he did Michael.

lululu

yes latoya, a good choice, but they should also get to see their notural mother,,
maybe something she has lived to regret.....
why not a second chance if thats what she wants.
has anyone asked the kids what they would like
my heart goes out to them so very much

god bless

James

Actually Debbie Rowe did petition to have her parental rights restored and became a part of their lives ( http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/26/jackson.children.will/index.html ). Unfortunately just not in the first years. What concerns me is what happens to "Blanket" if Rowe gets Prince and Paris? Would he become separated from them? Would she be willing/allowed to adopt him? I don't know the whole story, but the three kids have gone through enough, and I'd hate to see them split up especially after just losing their father. I read that MJ's mother, Katherine (the Jackson family Matriarch), could be a candidate, and I think she'd be great, except that she has already brought up 9 kids, is a grandmother and great-grandmother to I believe dozens of kids/young adults and is almost 80. I can imagine her being exhausted at this point, but still unconditionally willing to take the 3 kids and love them.

TW

During the custody fight between Rowe and Jackson in 2005, Rowe sought to give up her parental rights, and lauded Michael as a good father. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, at first agreed to terminate them, but then Lachs changed his mind and returned the rights to her.

“She lost them, and then she got them back,” Finsilver says. Finsilver said she spoke to Rowe on Thursday but she cannot say what Rowe plans to do. “She was inconsolable.”

Jackson family attorney Brian Oxman says Jackson’s mother, the family matriarch, would be a natural guardian for the kids, though it won’t be her decision.

kim

THESE FACTS ARE WRONG. DEBBIE ROWE DID NOT GIVE UP PARENTAL RIGHTS. THE JUDGE IN THE CASE DID NOT TAKE AWAY NOR DID SHE RELINQUISH ALL HER PARENTAL RIGHTS. YOU CAN READ THE PAPERWORK ON LINE. IF SHE WANTS CUSTODY SHE CAN ASK FOR IT AND GTE IF THE JUDGE FINDS HER BEST PARTY TO HAVE CUSTODY, SHE WILL IF SHE SO CHOOSES.

dllnwh

kathy, you don't know what you are talking about. Mixed children can come out any color and there are plenty to prove it. Mariah Carey is one and I know of many who are white as any white person, but gratefully not many that want to pass these days! Mean-spirited people you are!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments