Perez -- So Sorry for Gay Slur

6/25/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Perez HiltonPerez Hilton is apologizing for the gay slur he threw at Will.I.Am on Sunday night in Toronto -- with an asterisk.

GLAAD had asked the battered blogger for an "I'm sorry" a few days back -- but Hilton makes it perfectly clear that GLAAD can pound sand.

Here's the mea culpa for calling Will.I.Am a "fa**ot."

"I am apologizing to the gay community, to anyone who was hurt by my choice of words," adding "the 'F' word will never be uttered from my lips again."

Perez also says, "I have reached out to Isaiah Washington, someone I incorrectly labeled a homophobe, despite his own public statements that he was not."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

susan

Loser - Perez or whatever his name is needs to get a life - he is a big baby winer---loser!

timcub

In regards to Perez Hilton donating money from his lawsuit to the Matthew Sheppard Foundation, Matthew's mom Judy Sheppard has refused any money from him. She understands how hateful words hurt and what Perez did is a huge slam against the gay and lesbian community. Continue to write to his advertisers. He is beginning to be seen as a vile, hateful person. Also, the slam against Michael Jackson was hideous. Put him out of a job now!!!!

Perplexed

I have to say that I'm heartened to see others are finally noticing the hypocrisy that is Perez Hilton. I stopped visiting his site a long time ago. His constant, inappropriate remarks about Rumer Willis made me uncomfortable, since she didn't ask to be born to celeb parents and automatically be in the spotlight, but then he also made a nasty remark about how ugly another celeb's baby was, or that the child looked as though it wasn't right, which is just a horrible thing to say.

Companies who are still advertising on his site are showing incredibly poor judgment, in my opinion. You really want to be associated with a person who calls children ugly and uses the same slurs he attacks others for uttering? He has no standards. There is nothing worthwhile on his site. Nothing that cannot be learned elsewhere.

Fed Up!

Perez Hilton needs to go down for his vile hate speech!

Contact his advertisers and let them know you will not support them so long as they support this disgusting creep!

www.modcloth.com
www.lamdalegal.org - an organization that supposedly fights for equality
www.hbo.com
www.chickdowntown.com
www.oxygen.com

You need to speak up now - don't let these companies continue to financially support hate speech in America.

chickenman

A QUEER CALLING A QUEER A QUEER...WOW...WHO CARES

Tui

Boycott his site & those who advertise on it. I have.

rip baby.

He needs to just stop talking. Glad someone finally brought him back to earth.

Tiffany J.

Well, I'm glad he apologized. That clearly means he's shown some amount of maturity over the situation.

Mary P

It's called damage control. Not a single person was on his side. His first statement wasn't even an apology. He throws this out - while STILL playing victim. It's insulting that he would sue and donate money to Matthew Sheppard's foundation while Matthew was mercilessly beaten while they threw that word at him. He's making a mockery by doing that. Given it was released an hour after Will.I.Am's blog, AND several hours after the court filing (which is a lie in itself, by saying he was punched for what was said on his site, and NOT from shouting out those words), he's trying to spin the victim part. He couldn't just say I'm sorry and Will was calm, PEREZ went nuts. The video shows Will not screaming once. Where's his apology to Will for falsely accusing him?

Klick

You cannot un-ring a bell, Mario. The damage tom your reputation is permanent. Any respect for you is loooooong gone.

BULLYBOY

GOOD NOW GO AWAY AND DIE!

Tom P

Perez, I have been saying for a long time that you are a self-hating homophobe.

It is clear when you call Lindsey "Lezlo" or Samantha "SaMAN".

You use peoples sexuality to harass them. SHAME ON YOU PEREZ. You deserved what you got, hater.

GROW UP PEREZ!

Kim

Putting lipstick on a pig, still makes you a pig.

trinigirl

All I have to say is........WHY did he not get the same treatment as Isaiah Washington.... Isaiah's reputation was ruined (incidently by Perez as well) for using the same words (though we never saw that tape).
Perez please..........GET a LIFE

Tia

I totally disagree with the who violence is never the answer, when a grown man talks as much crap about people and their kids as he does sometimes the best cure is an ass kickin.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments