Perez -- So Sorry for Gay Slur

6/25/2009 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Perez HiltonPerez Hilton is apologizing for the gay slur he threw at Will.I.Am on Sunday night in Toronto -- with an asterisk.

GLAAD had asked the battered blogger for an "I'm sorry" a few days back -- but Hilton makes it perfectly clear that GLAAD can pound sand.

Here's the mea culpa for calling Will.I.Am a "fa**ot."

"I am apologizing to the gay community, to anyone who was hurt by my choice of words," adding "the 'F' word will never be uttered from my lips again."

Perez also says, "I have reached out to Isaiah Washington, someone I incorrectly labeled a homophobe, despite his own public statements that he was not."

Esq

That's just not enough. I can't stomach his site anymore personally. However, for him to save face and restore what few fans he has left, he needs to lay low for awhile.

And shame on whatever lawyer filed that suit for him. To recover, he has to show not only a wrong, but that the wrong caused damages -- looks like he is fine to me.

WTF

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW PEREZ!!!! And let me repeat this because I KNOW it will be difficult for you to get!!!

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!!! Think about it... or look it up because you may not be able to comprehend it....

LWood

Oh, just shut up, douchebag!

viewer101

such an embarrassment...

Alex

How noble...
It's funny, he manages to issue an apology which doesn't really apologize to the people that it should.
how about a flat out sorry to will.i.am for lying (saying he hit you) and calling him a f*ggot which of course started the entire physical element of this incident.
how about a sorry to fergie for calling her fugly and saying you wish she impales herself.
say sorry to Polo for having to waste his knuckles on your face to put you back in line (with a delayed affect of about 48 hours).
how about a sorry for your overall mean spirited, racist toned attitude towards will.i.am's soft spoken manner.
YOU WILL NEVER LEARN. you are an idiot.

FACT

I accept his apology people make mistakes it takes a bigger man to admit it. Violence is never the answer no matter what. Props to Perez for admiting his faults and mistakes. Please let this story die he sounds sincire. I think you should drop the lawsuit Perez and call it even. I think people will think better of you if you do that.

Mental Health

Perez is a cyber-bully. Cyber-bullying often leads to violent situations, as victims are driven to desperation by the repeated online harrassment. The "name" that Perez then called his victim reveals a deep internalized homophobia,and intense self-loathing.

BULLYBOY

DONATE YOUR OWN MONEY NOT POLOS!

billcanada

I agree with Mary P. Perez is not apologizing and his head was certainly not hurt at the incident. He was lucky to be able to walk out of this because I am sure other celebs (like Lady GAGA) would like to give him a kick in the head as well. This guy is a hypocrite. He doesn't take the responsibility of his action, way of bullying people by words in his blog. He is promoting hatred and thought words wont hurt but they do. Celebs are human too, you cant just say whatever you want and think you can get away with it. His fan base is mostly teenagers who learn from his irresponsible comments, and terrible mannerism. He thinks he is a celeb but he is nothing but a gossip blogger.

TJ

What a Drama QUEEN. He has lost what little credibility he ever had.

Michael

I don't see where he's apologizing to Will.I.Am...

JANE DOE

He needs to apologize for existing now!

He is a very Hateful Man/ Woman!!

filth

HE'S NOW SCREENING ALL COMMENTS THAT ARE ALLOWED ON HIS SITE. HE'LL LET A FEW MILD NEGATIVE COMMENTS IN THE COMMENTS, BUT AS A WHOLE HE IS EDITING THE COMMENTS TO BE ONLY IN HIS FAVOR.

PUKE......

nikkis mom

This guy would do anything to stay in the news. His BLOG is getting so many hits and that is money to him. We need to BOYCOTT him. He is suing, getting press (negative - is OK in today's world) and the world is looking at this sometimes pink hair parasite, laughing at him but....he is getting the $$$$$. He probably was missing the cameras since his show went off the air. He will have another Camera filled fiasco soon - because he is addicted to controversy. Miss USA, Will.I.Am........next.
BOYCOTT....BOYCOTT.....BOYCOTT

HugandKiss

Why did he have to apologize? Why dont black people apologize for saying the N word every other second?