Van Halen

Heartbroken Over Jackson

6/25/2009 10:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He provided the rock guitar solo in Jackson's hit song "Beat It." TMZ has just heard from Eddie Van Halen on Michael Jackson's death:

"I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on 'Beat It' back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career.

Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace."

-Eddie Van Halen

Valerie McLellan

#30 (Mary) I agree. and I like this post from the O'Jays "The world has certainly lost a great individual and we only hope that America and the rest of the world will continue to focus on the positive and not speak poorly of a man who was under constant scrutiny his entire life. We are happy to have had the opportunity to know Michael since he was a little boy and most recently we had the pleasure of working on one of his projects in Los Angeles. ... God bless you, Michael, and we will miss you!" — The O'Jays, Walter Williams Sr., Eddie Levert Sr. and Eric Nolan Grant.

And if you (not you Mary) don't know who EVH is then you are NOT a rocker. I can not even believe that someone does not know who he is! LoL! And why was Valerie the problem? Sheesh. People, if you don't know someone personally, you have no right to post crap like you actually know what you are talking about. Dumb arse.

Wuv

People like Banana Hammock need to keep there mouth shut when it comes to situations like this. I man just paid respect towards Michael and you have the nerve to rip into him for it. I think we all know Eddie isn't the greatest when it comes to certain situations but this isn't the time and place to make them types of comments.

Hmmstrange

You worked with him on Beat It back in 83? Strange as Beat It was recorded and released in 82.

rick jockisch

eddie please take this as a wake-up call brother. you needed one and this is it my friend. dont go back to hagar the horrible or just take music to its peace and play with all musicans not just one band. you have inspired so many people to pick up a insturment and play now is the tim to pass your knowlege down the line take care and stay in good health !

Hugh Jass

First?

And it's a great day for Paul McCartney: Mikey left him the rights to the Beatles songs in his Will.
There was such ill will when Jackson outbid McCartney & Yoko for those song rights.

lisa lisa

EDDIE VAN HALEN - PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

THE WORLD NEEDS YOU AS YOU'RE ONE OF THE GREAT
ONES, TOO. STAY ALIVE, STAY ALIVE, STAY ALIVE!

Daytona

Eddie ripped that guitar in Beat It! Eddie you're cool, yes... we'll all miss Michael. RIP...
Hooray...! The Beatles Catalog belongs back to us!

sweet

To everyone out there including you Ed Substance abuse kills Love you Ed get back together with Sammy and make great music again

jungajim

He looks good in that pic. Healthy. Stay healthy, Eddie Van Halen, you mean alot to this one.

MsTeal

Eddie, You look Marvelious!

DaJuice

This is a stretch...one of the fondest memories in my career?!? Eddie...if you want to stay in the public eye how about making new music instead of participating in lame lawsuits, petty/childish band antics, he said/she said crap, and silly quotes like this one.

Quiet

Ed..please look at this as a wake up call.

kelly

eddie does look good.. hope he keeps it up . handsome and ready to rock.. we need you eddie...

The Dude

Holy crap TMZ, I don't think we have enough articles about Michael Jackson, can we a couple hundred more...because I don't think I'm seeing enough reading about MJ.

dddogggg

From the looks of Eddie, he's next.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments