Debbie Rowe --

She Gets Custody if She Wants

6/26/2009 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debbie RoweDebbie Rowe is poised to take full custody of the two children she bore for Michael Jackson.

It has been widely reported Debbie Rowe gave up her parental rights to Paris and Michael Jr. That is not true.

During the custody fight that Rowe had with Jackson in 2005, she attempted to give up her parental rights, saying Michael was the greatest father ever. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, initially ruled her rights were terminated ... but then Lachs reversed his decision.

Here's what happened. We spoke with Lance Spiegel, the lawyer who repped Jackson at the time. Spiegel says under the law, the Department of Children and Family Services must conduct a parental fitness investigation before parental rights are terminated and that didn't happen with Rowe.

So Rowe has never given up any of her parental rights. As a result, under California law, Rowe is now presumed to be the person who will get custody. The only way Rowe can be denied custody is if a court determines it would be "detrimental to the children."

As for whether Rowe will ask for custody .... our sources say you can bet on it. We're told if Rowe gets custody she will get "a huge amount of child support from Jackson's estate."

Michael Jackson Children Photos

bestfriends?

You people are so disrespectful...not his kids..some nerve...my twins are half african american and have light brown hair blue eyes....LOOKS DONT MEAN ANYTHING..when will you guys realize that..I get so offended over this!

Yon

What kind of mom she is ,She never saw the kids and now sh;s telling tat she can have the custody of them wen she wants .She knows that it's imposible now she is just having the advices of some bad lawyers that make her believe that she can have the custody what she wants it's just money obsvious by getting the custody she 's suckkkkkkkkkkkk

scum

Debbie was good enough to give Micheal two children, she loved him enough to do that. Even though he's no longer with us Debbie shouldn't be bashed because Micheal did love her and he wouldn't want that. Three beautiful children are going to be torn apart by greed on behalf of his family.

LadyWithaHarley

I don't know what I did before but, I posted the wrong link. Don't know how I got that link but here's the correct one. You gotta see this video of Michael..............

Elaine 27

310. I would like the mother to take custody, if she takes the youngest one too.

Posted at 6:52PM on Jun 26th 2009 by Audrey

================================================
The court cannot just give Debbie Rowe the youngest child that does not belong to her. If the court is going to give the youngest child to a stranger, might as well Michael Jackson's siblings go after full custody for those kids. I do not think that Michael Jackson is stupid, I am certain that his lawyers would have have him take care of the legality of the well fare of the kids in the event of his death, considering that he paid a serrogate to have them. I have a feeling that the egg does not even belong to Debbie Rowe, hence the reason why she signed away her rights to the kids. She was paid to use her womb to carry the kids to term. I cannot wrap my brain around a mother being paid for having two kids and them seign away all rights to those kids with no contacts. Debby tears are crocodile and she knows darn well that she only furnished her womb to carry the two kids, but the eggs were not her own.

mc

IT IS REALLY SAD THAT HE IS GONE AND HIS CHILDREN WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM.... THE CHILDREN BELONG WITH THIER MOTHER.. UNLESS MICHAEL JACKSON NOTED SOMEWHERE ON LEGAL PAPER, MICHAELS PARENTS NEED TO BACK OFF... SHE BORE THOSE CHILDREN BECAUSE MICHAEL CHOSE HER.. LET HIM REST IN PEACE. DIDN'T THEY CAUSE ENOUGH DAMAGE IN HIS LIFE...

klo79

This is a very sad situation. I am hearing so many negative reactions as well as positive ones. I think that they need to do whatever is best for the children. So many people are dying around the world, not just stars. People can be quick to judge and say what would be normal for the kids but the reality is, we do not know what would be normal. We are not Micheal's kids. We do not know how they feel. All we can do is hope for the best for them and pray for the family.

bluize

We all see how the jacksons raise their kids,,I think they would be better off and have a more normal life with their mother. I also question if Michael is their biological father. I think you will see DNA come up in the near future. All that said,Rest in peace Michael.

virgo 3

I THINK JANET JACKSON SHOULD GET CUSTODY OF THOSE PRECIOUS CHILDREN THAT JUST WITNESS THEIR FATHER DIED. THAT REASON IS BECAUSE THERE IS TO MANY PEOPLE WHO IS GOING TO TRY TO TAKE CUSTODY JUST TO GET TO MICHAELS MONEY. JANET ALREADY HAVE MONEY AND KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE THE MEDIA AND SHE CAN SUPPORT THE CHILDREN IN EVERYWAYBY BEING THEIR AUNTIE. I HOPE TO GOD THAT THE JUDGE SEE THAT JANET JACKSON IS THE MOST STABLE AND ALSO REBEE JACKSON IS A GOOD AUNT TOO.LETS JUST PRAY JANET STEPS UP AND FIGHT TO GET CUSTODY OF THESE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. THEY LOOK JUST LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON. MICHAEL JACKSON IS MY FIRST LOVE. HE'S IS A VIRGO AND I'M VIRGO AND I UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS SO DISGUSTED BY HIS ACNE AND HIS IMAGE OF HIS SELF WERE DISTORTED BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP HIM FROM STARTING HIS FOUNDATION TO HELP CHILDREN AND OPENING UP HIS AMUSEMENT PARK SO CHILDREN CAN ENJOY THEIR CHILDHOOD CAUSE HE DIDN'T. HE ALWAYS TRIED TO REMIND US THAT IT NOT ABOUT YOU IT ABOUT THE CHILDREN, IT ABOUT THAT HOMELESS GUY YOU SEE EVERYDAY. THAT COULD BE YOU SLEEPIN ON THAT PARK BENCH. BUT NOBODY LISTENED. INSTEAD GREEDY CAUSASIAN FAMILIES CAME OUT TO STEAL HIS MONEY AWAY BY TELLING THE MOST HORRIBLE LIES YOU COULD IMAGE AND RUINED HIS LIFE.I GLAD MICHAEL WENT AWAY FOR A WHILE BECAUSEHIS CHILDREN COMES FIRST AND NOBODY WANT THEIR BABIES EXPOSED TO CRAZY RUMORS AND PSYCHO POLICEMEN AND DUMBASSES WHO CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES NO COMMOMSENSE TO KNOW IF SOMONE MOLEST YOUR CHILD YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT SUEING YOU WANT THEM TO ROT IN PRISON AND GET THE ELECTRIC CHAIR. PHARMACIES AND DOCTORS SHOULD GO TO PRISON FOR OVER PRESCRIBING MEDS AND PERFORMING TOO MANY SURGERIES ON HIS FACE. INSTEAD THEY TOOK HIS MONEY. I HOPE HIS CHILDREN ARE RESPECTED AND ALL OF MICHAEL MONEY GOES STRAIGHT TO THEM AND NOT TO THEIR CARETAKER. JANET JACJSON IS THE MOST SUITED ONE TO TAKE ON THIS RESPONSIBILITY. FOR THEIR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER, SHE IS NOT THEIR MOTHER SHE NEVER BEEN IN THEIR LIVES AND IT TAKES MORE THAN BLOOD TO BE A MOTHER! MICHAEL JACKSON AND THEIR BIOLOGICAL MOTHER NEVER CONSUMATED THAT MARRIAGE THERE FOR THEY WERE NEVER MARRIED! SELLING YOUR CHILDREN IS THE LOWEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO IN LIFE TO SUIT YOUR OWN NEEDS! TO ALL OF THESE DISPICABLE COMMENTS FROM IDIOTS WHO IS NOT FIT TO WALK THE SAME EARTH AS MICHAEL JACKSON I HOPE I'M AROUND TO SEE YOU TO DIE SO I CAN PRESUME,ASUME HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND SPREAD YOUR SKELETONS ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND NEWS AND WATCH HOW EVERYONE TEARS YOUR LITTLE LIVES APART OVER AND OVER AGAIN! WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH WILL COME BACK TO YOU THREE FOLD.

terrierlady

His ESTATE? Are you kidding me? Wasn't he broke and in debt?? Who would pay her child support?

Trivia

I think last comment was very disrespectful, and far as the kids go she has not been involved in there lives and if she did it now I think it would be just for the money.

Katty

I don't think that any of the Jackson's should get them. Look at how messed up the whole family is. Weather or not he is a child molester or not shouldn't have a bearing on who raised the kids, unless he did it to them. I also don't think that their Bio logical Mothers should have them. I don't know if this is true or not but during his Last Trial on the charges didn't Debbie Rowe try to get the kids? I think that all the kids need to stay together with a party that will be given a modest amount of money each month for the kids and the rest in trust until they are 25, that will give them the chance at a semi normal life and make them go to college do get a degree in something unless they have some of the talent that their Aunts and Uncles have. So I think in the best interest of all the kids they need to go with some one that will care for them and not have access to the money if any left.

1914 days ago

Corey Feldman is the king of douche Bags!

Is that Cindy Brady???

Anne K

I hope Debbie stands up and takes these children. I'm sure she received money for having them but this may be the best chance these children have to have a somewhat normal family and not end up living as they have been all of their lives.

1914 days ago

Corey Feldman is the king of douche Bags!

Who's going to get Corey Feldman???