Diana Ross -- 'My Heart is Hurting'

6/26/2009 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diana Ross, the woman instrumental in launching the Jackson 5 into superstardom, has just released a statement about Michael Jackson's passing.

Diana Ross and Michael Jackson

"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family."

The Jackson 5's first album was titled "Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5."

Lena

This a loss to us all Michael meant a lot to us all in different ways. But one thing I know is Michael loves Diana Ross he always has. For people to be slamming her like this is wrong she is also human she hurts like the rest of us. I know she means what she said about her feelings about what happen to Michael. Her and Michael has shared something no one but those two knows about. If Michael Jackson still feel the love for her and she of him we need to focus on just that. We all are here to show our love to a wonderful person who is going to be truely missed. I want to take the time to repect the family to mourn over their love one. Michael Jackson is worldly icon and we all needs to mourn his death but also rejoice his life as well as a whole. RIP Michael Jackson!!!!!!

just a thought

i just wonder where all these so called superstars who say how much Michael inspired and taught them were when he need them most?? They had acess to him his fans did not... Additionally where was his family why didnt they intervene like Jamie Spears did when Brittany was out of control and CONTROLLED by the hollywood drug dealers who have MD after their names?

Guess these are the regretful questions they will have to live with.....
RIP my friend,you sacrificed your childhood to make mine better.

Sarah

I just can't believe people still have so many negative things to say and make fun when he's gone. Let the man rest in peace and OMG lets hope and pray people have more dignity and respect for themselves, him and his family and don't leak his autopsy photos like Davids. It's just so shocking honestly I'm not really so sad for him he's at peace now. He definitely had some trials in his life literally. So now he can rest easy. I can't stand watching this damn Michael Jackson marathon of his videos I love them so much but it does kind of make me sad to watch and know nothing is coming next. Maybe a biography based movie on some insight Michael was a mystery.R.I.P Mike our birthdays are on the same day too!!!

SIERRA GEANS

HEY I AM SIERRA GEANS FROM MARIETTA GA AND I JUST WANT TO SEND MY PRAYERS AND SYMPATHY TO MIKE AND HIS FAMILY WHEN MY AUNT TOLD ME IT FELT LIKE MY HEART WAS POPPING OUT MY CHEST IT FELT LIKE ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBER DIED MIKE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A PART OF MY FAMILY. I CRIED SO MANY TIMES I AM STILL CRYING...IM 22 YEARS OLD AND I KNOW IM YOUNG BUT I GREW UP LISTENING TO MICHAEL JACKSON AND THE JACKSON 5 AND JANET. AND I WAS ALWAYS DETERMINED TO BE MS.MICHAEL JACKSON BUT HE WAS COMING HERE JULY 13 AND I WAS GOING TO BE THERE I LOVE YOU MIKE AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY

**R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON YOU WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN MY HEART**

Lou

Michael may have made some mistakes in the past. But no one should be granted the right to judge him. The only One to judge him is doing exactly that right now as we speak. He was a terrific human being with goodness at heart but at one point got caught up in the Hollywood "hype". He was a true spokesman for anti-racial issues and for humanitarian efforts around the globe. I am shocked to see that there are still ignorant people who are willing to judge him despite all the good things he has done in the world and is STILL doing them even after his passing with his music. He was and will always be the KING OF POP. He will be remembered by his music, his "moonwalk" and his smile which captivated the entire world. You are truly an inspiration to us all and if more people had your good heart, we could " heal the world, make it a better place. For you and for me and the entire human race, there are people dying and if you care enough for the living, lets make a better place for you and for me"-sung by Michael Jackson. R.I.P. Michael and if you can, sing us a song or two from up above. Peace.

mocha

I am so saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. He brought so much joy to people of every race, creed and color. I remember going to birthday parties and dancing to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. lol. I remember being crazy about the song Billie Jean. A lot of people have this wonderful man to thank for boosting a many a entertainment career. Michael you were the best no one on this planet will ever top you! RIP

MontanaMichaelFan

#33 - I Totally Agree! All day today were interviews of stars that "knew and loved" Michael. How heartbroken they are and the "special feelings" they had for him. Where were all these people during his trials and tribulations the past few years?? Now they're trying to grab some airtime for themselves at the expense of Michael. I hope the public realizes what vultures they are!!

jaden

As I read these comments, I am saddened. Because people have a "public life" does not mean that the world knows everything about them. Michael Jackson was a misunderstood genius who will be missed. Diana Ross is a legend who was influential in his life, whether she "discovered" him or not. The bottom line--these are PEOPLE! What happened between them privately is something none of us will never know. People have public and private lives. Please don't judge anyone by the comments of others. And, certainly, never trust the media! They are sensationalists who thrive on giving the world bad news until it's too late--then they back pedal! The press is relentless and will do their best to see people grovel. No one deserves that! Michael, rest in peace! Diana, thank you for the music!

Bendera stephen

Michael we remember you at the time you visit to Tanzania. We will always remember you don't worry just R.I.P

Ike

I think that it is a shame that someone speaking of how devastated she is about MJs death is being slated for things that she has done by people who probably read about it in the National Enquirer. We all make mistakes, but it is how we deal with them that makes the difference. In the UK Diana Ross was being interviewed and the presenter tried to make fun of MJ and she made it very clear that if anyone had anything bad to say about him, they better not say it to her as she loved him alot and would not take it. Yes Galdys Knight brought the Jackson 5 to the attention of Berry Gordy, but as Diana was the most famous at the time, they used her name to 'introduce' the Jacksons to the public, end of! They have always been close and she was one of the first to see him when he collapsed during rehearsals in NY some years back with her kids. As for celebs reaching out to him, dont forget MJ was a 50 year old man, and quite set in his ways, and we do not know what goes on behind closed doors, so please stop all of this, it is not necessary. Lets just pray he rests in peace.

Marie

The truth is Tommy Chong of Cheech and Chong was in a band playing in Chicago area. Tommy discovered The Jackson 5 and brought them to Detroit. Gordy thought it would be better to have Diana Ross say she discovered them and the story was told/created. Susan De Passe was a new producer for Motown at the time and she worked with them promoting concerts, well, she wore several hats , but the biggest kick is that the Jackson 5 would rehearse in her basement!

Marie

Just a note: Tommy Chong was a guitar player in the Bobby Taylor and Vancovers. They were the opening act for Gladys Knight and the Pips.

JBN, III

"Judge not lest you be judged." I find it so sad to read the comments of hatred and defamation. I ask 'why?' COuld it be jealousy and envy? There is NO question the world will miss the talent and abilities of Michael Jackson. He was simply spectacular. As an adult survivor of child abuse, MJ was destined to have emotional problems. His abuser was his father and his mother allowed it to happen. I suggest the aforementioned commentators should try dealing with that at age 50. It is a lifelong struggle. Second, I have an autograph from Miss Ross. In fact, I have autographs from all three original Supremes. At that moment, they were generous, engaging and lovely in appearance and attitude. Like MJ, Diana Ross, Mary WIlson and Florence Ballard had a major impact on US culture at a time when it was sorely needed. Now, more than forty years later, the pettiness is not necessary and serves no purpose. Neither do any good for anyone. I suggest that Michael Jackson will be remembered in the same company of creativity as Sammy Davis, Jr., Fred Astaire, Sophie Tucker, Donald O'Connor and so many other artists whose unique abilities made them comparable to no one. Further, while not dimishing their great talent and wonderful performances, the Supremes will be remembered in the books as historic figures who reached across racial barriers and helped bring Americans together. To dwell on superficial reports and idle gossip seems counter-productive. Whether one wants to admit it or not, these people, Jackson, Misses Ross, Wilson and Ballard are American heroes who personify the American Dream.

Jobucats

1) Diana did not kill Florence Ballard; Florence was too full of jealousy and hurt and experienced health problems as a result. 2) Diana did not take credit for discovering the Jackson 5; it was bestowed on her to take this role as a "big name" introducing a potentially mega group to the world. 3) What is a successful group like the Supremes to do when one of its members continues for several months to act bizarre (ex. sticking out her stomach during a concert). I am saddened by Michael's passing; a true icon in our society.

da Spookster

Diana Ross is a phony witch! We were you for Michael when it came for intenvention time to help him why he was still alive? You of all people should know the pains of being a junkie!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments