Diana Ross -- 'My Heart is Hurting'

6/26/2009 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diana Ross, the woman instrumental in launching the Jackson 5 into superstardom, has just released a statement about Michael Jackson's passing.

Diana Ross and Michael Jackson

"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family."

The Jackson 5's first album was titled "Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5."

Jobucats

da Spookster wrote, "We were you for Michael when it came for intenvention time to help him why he was still alive?" What in heavens does that sentence mean?" Not to say that it is her responsibility, but how do we know that Diana did not try to intervene? There are many things that Diana has chosen to do to help people and organizations that has gone unrecognized (and maybe at her request). We sometimes find out about this through "investigative reporting" not through her publicist. For example, not many people know that Diana Ross did help out Florence Ballard's children financially through a trust fund. There is a point where all we can do to help someone is to pray for them and to pray for guidance as to what else we can do.

B

Ted may you go thruough the situtuations that you blindly judge. I am a mother and if my child got molested you could not give me money to drop any criminal charges. it was a witch hunt. and if you dont have anything nice to say shut up. I love mike and his death has made me love him even more. He has brought people together through love for him. I miss you Michel.

hmmm

RIP MJ. Dont worry about the haters. All these haters are heartless lil turds. You will be haunted. Respect the dead.

Jill

RESPECT!!!

R.I.P. Mike!

Deb

I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition again for his talent and all he contributed to the music industry. I'm surprised there hasn't been a public statement from Elizabeth Taylor...she's always been a loyal, public admirer of Michael. Peace be with you Michael.

just me

Dianna Ross....She may have discovered the Jackson 5...but....that woman is another train wreck... she gives nothing back to her fans....The Jacksons should have taught her some manners.....my mother was terminally ill and we were at her concert and she would not give my Mom an autograph. All she did was bring the guys up on stage from the audience to drool over her. My Mom passed 2 weeks later. Thats okay Ross has spiraled out of control since that Warwick RI Concert in 98! No longer a fan...the $200 I spent for the concert probably went to her recovery!

david31570

I am so very thankful that Miss Ross has come forward and made a public statement. My prayers are with the Jackson Family and with Diana too. I was critical earlier that she had not come forward, but I suppose none of us can imagine her level of grief. RIP Michael and long live Diana Ross

Raeanne

Old Diane is a mean woman. She kilt Florence Ballard ya know.

blackmamba

WHEN ONE IS SUCCESFULL AND YOURE ON TOP EVERY ONE WANTS TO BRING YOU DOWN, MICHAEL JACKSON TO ME WAS THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME. HE WAS A GIANT. i TRULY BELIEVE THAT HE ACTUALLY LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY BUT THE NEGATIVITY ABOUT HIM WILL BE OVERSHOWED BY THE GREAT THINGS HE DID AS A HUMAN BEING. HE HAD AN ENTOURAGE THAT DIDNT HAVE HIS BEST INTEREST, INSTEAD THEY GAVE HIM BAD ADVICE AND TOOK HIS MONEY ...............................BUT MICHAEL I SIT HERE AND CRY , BUT THANK YOU IMMENSLY FOR KEEPINGME ENTERTAINED AS A CHILD AND AS AN ADULT! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Posted at 11:54AM on Jun 26th 2009 by blackmamba

Ted

he was a freak and a child molester and he could sing well. king of pop dont think so...

perez dane

i understand people concern of Diana Ross missing at the michael Jackson services, but know one has said nothing about 'Harpo's' own, Oprha not making a public, nor showing up at any of the events. If any one person talked about, it should be her!

Xuie

Some of you guys are the ones that are disgusting. Who cares about which celebrity is being mean or whatever or discovered who. They are artists and I see them as artists and not the subject of gossips. Instead of wishing some people are dead, try getting rid of all that anger and hatred and start with yourself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3