Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

shasha

Michael's death hits everyone from our (70's) generation hard because he crossed 30 decades. It was like we all grew up together. He was like our cousin. We were ALL related to him. He was loved, REALLY loved through the good and bad.

ibk samson

MJ WAS SUCH A BRIGHT STAR THAT OTHER STARS WANTED TO BE LIKE....WHATEVER THAT HAD HAPPENED THE PIONT REMAINS THAT HE SPENT EVERY BIT OF HIS HIS LIFE GLORIOUSLY.....HIS DEEDS WILL REMAIN ALIVE IN OUR HEARTS...TILL THE END OF TIME.

Lord Camigbo

RIP MJ. We all love ya. May ya memory live 4eva. Amen

pius

For how long will famous pipo's deaths be drug related.lets work out something here!MJ africa and zambia in partricular misses you so much.RIP

EY

I GUESS I FEEL LIKE MARIA WHO POSTED A FEW TIMES YESTERDAY. I GREW UP LISENING TO MICHAEL ALL MY LIFE AND STILL DO AT MY AGE (61) AS FOR THE DRUG BUSINESS, I WAS JUST RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL AFTER BASICALLY DYING TWICE IN II MOS.! I WAS GIVEN ONLY A 1 TO 3% TO LIVE (SEVERE EMPHYSEMA FROM 40 YRS. OF CIGARETTES) 6 DR.'S TOLD MY FAMILY TO 'PULL THE PLUG'BUT THANK GOD, MY ONLY DAUGHTER OUT OF 4 KIDS, WAS MY HEATH PROXY, AND FLATLY REFUSED! A DAY LATER, I AWOKE FROM THE COMA. SO U NEVER KNOW! I WAS PARALIZED, AND, TRACHED FOR 6 MOS., AND YES, EVEN THOUGH IT HAPPED AGAIN, I SURVIVED AGAIN, AND MY MIND IS FINE.I TOO LIVE ON PAIN MEDS DUE TO BAD SCOLIOSIS AND CONSTANT PAIN,BUT I'M CURIOUS WHY THEY DID;NT PUT A TRACH IN RIGHT AWAY,& RESPERATOR(?). I THINK HE COULD OF MADE IT!!! IN ANY CASE, HE WAS, & STILL IS, THE BEST OF ENTERTAINERS, & I WILL STILL LISTEN TO ALL HIS MUSIS TILL GOD TAKES ME FOR GOOD NEXT TIME! MY KIDS & I HAVE EVERY SONG HE EVER MADE. GOD BLESS HIM & HIS WHOLE FAMILY. Ey

No Pedophiles

At least little boys will be safer now.

Lord Camigbo

He was a superstar. He was too famous. He was equally controversial. He came, he saw, he conquered. Wako Jacko, adieu!!!!!!!

Luvenia

Your #1 fan. I love you Michael! The greatest music icon of all time!

twiztedzista

Its obvious that the family was well aware of Micheal Jacksons drug addiction. They knew he was receiving daily injections of demerol because he claim he was in constant pain (most likely in his mind) and requested this medication and whatever other drugs he was taking to rid himself of this pain and other demons. There were the before warnings to the family of Micheal Jacksons of his drug abuse, they apparently ignored them and now he's dead. And let me remind others he wasnt the only celebrity that died that day. Lets pause and remember Farrah Fawcett who bravely fought and lost her battle to cancer; may they both reat in peace.

No Pedophiles

It wasn't the demerol...it was the Jesus juice!!! Or it could have been that 12 year old weiner he ate the night before.

charlene

we love you michael j...hir in the phillippines.......... you are only one.........

Bo

The real killer was methadone. Michael probably thought it was a synthetic to morphine, but it will come out soon, and somebody will be charged with murder.
MJ has had years of experience with drugs, and he knew what not to do. Very sad. MJ should still be with us preparing for the London tour.

charlene

WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL HERE IN THE PHILLIPPINES..YOU MAY REST IN PEACE

yommy

Adieu Micheal. We all loves you but Allah loves you most. May Allah forgive all your sins

Maria Claudia - Argentina

Whatever could have caused his death is still so sad.
We love you in Argentina Michael. You will always be in our hearts.
Enjoy Heaven, be with God!