Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

carlea07

that doctor needs to be prosecuted. how many of these type deaths have to happen (anna nicole smith and gerald levert) before someone stops these greedy docs of death.

CEDRA D RUBIN

YOU CAN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS....! THIS MAN HAS TOUCHED EVERYONE FROM NATION TO NATION. NO ONE COULD TOUCH HIM. NO ONE CAN DEFINITELY TOUCH HIM NOW. HE HAS GIVEN US ALL OF HIS SELF THROUGH SONG... VIDEO... JUST PLAN TALENT. HE HAS TOUCHED EVERY NATIONALITY RATHER THEY WHERE BLACK OR WHITE... ALMOND OR MIXED. TO ME... THE NEWS OF HIS PASSING WAS AND IS STILL DEVASTATING. I KNOW HE IS IN HEAVEN NOW. WELL.... I PRAY THAT HE IS THERE SITTING NEXT TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. YOU KNOW... SHOWING HIM HIS FAMOUS MOVES AND SANGING HIS BEST SONGS. THIS MAN IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. I THANK GOD FOR ALLOWING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THE TIME WE DID HAVE WITH HIM. AND I KNOW MICHAEL... THAT "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" SO MANY OTHERS THAT HAVE GONE BEFORE YOU I AM SURE... THEY ARE THERE WITH YOU. THEREFORE... MICHAEL, CONTINUE TO SHINE BROTHER. YOU ARE WELL NOW. MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO HIS CHILDREN, PARENTS, SIBLINGS, OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS, AS WELL AS, YOUR FAN FAMILY. RIP KING OF POP MJ

One passerby

Articles posted "by TMZ staff" (how very vague ... ) states "A close member" ... so, not only is the author 'unknown', but the source as well? How very 'tabloid' of you, TMZ!
No, thanks, I prefer a site with more credibility; so, I'll just keep going ...

Susan

A fit parent does not have an M.D. living with them injecting narcotic shots into them! Thank goodness the three children had their nanny Grace! These children have got to be kept away from the whole Jackson clan (including Janet!). They're destructive people!!!

jennifer

I have never read so much hatred since the campaign of 2008.You always seem to know what color a persons skin color is by the way that they speak.This is so vile the hatred coming from this young woman's comments ,this truly frightens me.If you can not find sorrow for another families tragedy in heart or even feel an ounce of solitude then you are living a corrupt and out of control life.I know why you must feel this way ,you too must have grown up deprived.That's what it sounds like to me,you're lacking something from your childhood.Do your self a favor stay away from kids for this reason alone.Your mouth is awful and you are a terrible influence on what Amerikkka should not be about.R.I.P. MJ(only God can judge you)!

icu2nurse

LaniV, it will if you're given too much.

KfromTokyo

people here in Tokyo of Japan adore Michael Jackson. Even the government spokesperson announced his death while expressing his sorrow.

He will be missed for ever. it's stupid to even talk about his character now. After death, people dissapear forever or live in our hearts by what they left.

MJ music will live forever. The world will remember just that about him. Nothing else.

Koji from Japan

Bonnie D.

What a terrible loss, God bless youMichael, now you can rest and hopefully have some much needed peace with God
My condolences goes out to your children, your family, friends, and millions of fans.
Michael was a very lonely soul, so very sad.
Sad to say this case looks like another Anna Nicole Case coming up, very, very suspicious at this point, so so Sorry Michael Rest in Peace, you will be missed, but still very much loved, may God give your Mother strength to carry on and help her take care of those three children, you left behind
R.I.P.

SEQUOYAH

I AM STILL AT SHOCK ABOUT THE DEATH OF M.J!!!!! HE WILL TRUELY BE MISSED AND I AM SO SADDEN BY THIS. THE JACKSON'S FAMILY WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS AND THEY ARE A REALLY STRONG FAMILY SO I KNOW THAT THEY WILL GET THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME..DESPITE ALL THE RUMORS ABOUT MICHEAL AND HIS PERSONAL LIFE HE WAS STILL A GREAT PERSON AND THE KING OF POP STILL THE KING OF POP...I THINK THAT HIS KIDS WILL BE SAFE WITH THE FAMILY REGUARDLESS OF WAT HAPPEND WHEN MICHEAL WAS A YOUNG BOY...HE WAS A VERY CARING PERSON WHO JUST WANTED TO LIVE AND BE THE PERSON THAT NOBODY WOULD UNDERSTAND AND MICHEAL LOVED THE CHILDREN SO WHEN THEY TOOK NEVERLAND AWAY FROM MICHEAL I THINK THAT WAS JUST WRONG BECAUSE THAT WAS HIS WAY OF BEING ABLE TO BE HIMSELF. MICHEAL JACKSON IS GONE BUT WILL NEVER EVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!

Mickie

It was so shocking and heartbreaking to learn of M.J."s death, I am just now accepting the fact that it is true. Although I was not a big fan of his I did enjoy his music and dancing, There is a lot of bad comments made about M.J. rather or not he was a molester I do not know, and I will keep my comments about that to myself. I would like to say this: Why hasn't anyone made a statement about the abuse that they all suffered at the hands of Joe Jackson, there is a reason for all of the craziness with the Jackson children, mainly Michael, and Latoya. Constantly trying to run from the past, trying to deal with the hurt. Why don't we try him in the public as we did Michael. Instead of Wacko Jacko, it should be Jackass Joe. He did things to these children and he got away with it no one has really talked about him or why Michael had decided to use drugs or whatever the case. He was hurting, and sad, all of the fame, money, clothes, and surgery did not lhelp. Why was he constantly trying to change his appearance, I think it was an effort to change tlhe way he saw himself. He believed that lie that was told to him through the things that was said and done to him, by none other than " Jackass Joe ". He was the one constant in his life and it was hard for others to get nest to any of them. Why did Rebbie dis associate herself from the family, What did he really do, and What really went on? Put him to task.

Jazzzzz

Tired of reading comments from Funny Though..THANK you!!!! She really needs therapy for something that MUST OF HAPPEND TO HER! I think she's in desperate need of DEMEROL.

Chery

My prayers and thoughts go out to the family and fans of MJ. I like so many here grew up with J5 and Michael. He was an extraordinary human being. Regardless of what others think about his life only GOD will judge him and that judgment will be the only one that counts. The hate in others hearts will be dealt with in their own lives. I suggest you move on and focus on your life because Michael is now gone and no one will ever hurt him again. His children will have a difficult time adjusting to life without their father but, God will work it all out for the betterment of the children. His mother's heart is broken for sure because we all think we should never bury our children. To her I leave my prayer of joy for the time she had with him. Also, his siblings and father will have many memories to sustain them through this hurt and sadness. I say to them that time is the best healer of all hurt. In all things know that God loved him best.

Cardetailer

We all have lost a shining star. So glad he was a part of my life in his gift of song. Take it from me; a former nurse and recovering drug addict. When i got clean 17 years ago i realized i had a problem with pain killers. I had to learn to understand my disease of addiction. As a nurse who worked in a large hospital i could get virtually any pain killer i asked for and could and would trade mine for other pain killers that some of my co workers had. Not to mention the ease of availability of taking or consuming medications that the patients were supposed to get. Another nurse on our unit died one day at age 39 from a self injection of Demerol in her hip. If in fact Micheal Jackson died from overdose of prescription drugs, i would not be surprised. Most drug addicts and alcoholics become that way from some sort of inner pain; whether real or imagined. Mental or emotional issues have to be dealt with; usually best done by professionals. The substance user or abuser has to decide for themselves they need help and "want it". MJ talks of much sadness in his life. He "had to" live reclusive. I get the privilege of choice to go to any anonymous 12 step meeting i want at any time anywhere and share my feelings or struggles in life and get positive feedback. Bottom line? When i looked in the mirror i realized i was the problem and my drug abuse issues were just a symptom of my problems. Today i enjoy freedom from addiction. My life is 1000 times better than i ever imagined and i live well although i don't make or have much money. My final thought......"You can never have it all."

DeloresS

To Laura H... who is posting mean things about Michael.. so if you think he is so sick and bad, than why are you wasting yours and our time with your nasty remarks. And yes we all feel bad about Farrah Fawcett too... but she was human to and you say how she was respectable and honarable... and Michael was nothing but a crotch grabbing dancer.
She did nude shots for Playboy in her forties and again not that many years ago... but I guess that is honarable to you. They both are human neither are perfect.. but we love them.
But I have to say Michael was one talented and loving guy... he will be missed very much. Why is it that all the people who ever worked with him or were his friends all say what an awesome and loving and talented person he was.....
It was after the money grabbing people that all wanted what he had, they made up crap to try and get a piece of what he had, they destroyed him with all their lies. If he hadn't been such a loving and caring person.. he could of let their lies slide off his back.. and got on with his life.
Michael I will truley miss you..... to me this is as bad as the day John F. Kennedy got shot... it will always leave a tear in my heart. RIP Michael... we love you You are AWesome

Simon

A mixed up loser dies and it's world news. Get real people. There are tragedies of much greater proportions happening out there every day and you are wasting so much time on a child abusing nutter.