Jackson Family Feared Morphine OD

6/26/2009 10:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Morphine ODMembers of Michael Jackson's family told us the singer was given a "heavy dose of morphine" prior to his death, and family members were alarmed.

We're told Joe Jackson recently wanted to put Michael in a rehab facility in Palmdale, California for what he considered an "addiction" to morphine and prescription drugs.

Family members say they felt he was unable to perform for his upcoming concerts because of his drug use.

Members of the upcoming tour tell TMZ Jackson was generally lethargic and very late for rehearsals.

There are reports Jackson OD'd yesterday on Demerol, a drug similar to morphine.

Interestingly, Jackson wrote a song called "Morphine" in 1997. One of the lyrics -- "Demerol. Demerol. Oh God he's taking Demerol."

tom

And you also know that if he did over dose, you can bet your sweet butt that they will go after the Doctor who wrote the prescription for him....This will be in courts for a long time....

zeangel

Let him rest in peace. Stop guessing.

skhg

Why is the media trying to glorify this guys life? It seriously takes a sick society to give so much positive attention to someone so questionable as Michael Jackson. My gosh! Worship his music but, why do you worship him? It's time for people in this world to take a good look at themselves. I truly hope you can R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

TooSad4aName

Today's tears and thoughts...As a little girl I dreamed of marrying MJ. The MJ I mourn for is that little boy I fell in love with. For me, MJ has been gone a long time, he died years ago when he began all those surgeries. Damn his father for beating him. Poor Michael didn't want to grow old and see in the mirror the face of the man that beat him so. Now no one can hurt you Michael. Bless your gentle soul.

Heartfelt blessings to the family

Donna

JohnnyB, you're about 20 years late with your ingenious comparison.

Crashed Into Net

Another thing to keep in mind ... if it is true about his financial troubles ... everyone is worth more dead than alive.

That could be another angle to why he has chosen to fake his own death, but I still think it is just because he wanted to be left alone, and so he went out like elvis did.

A great entertainer and musician ... as for his personal life I don't really care about any of that. It didn't effect his talents any which is why he will always be the king of pop.

Outerlimit

Thanks for the music Mickael. See Ya soon

CHARLIE MONROE

PLEASE PEOPLE LET THE MAN REST IN PEACE,THE PUBLIC ALWAYS WANT TO START SOMETHING,I LOVE YOU MICHAEL YOU WERE AND STILL ARE A GREAT TALENTED PERSON,AND YOU ARE GONNA BE SORELY MISSED I GREW UP ON MICHAEL WHEN I USE TO BREAK DANCE MICHAEL WAS MY FINISHING MOVE,I WISH I COULD HAVE MET HIM HE SEEMED LIKE A REALLY GREAT PERSON,AND THE MEDIA WAS JUST OUT TO GET HIM.AND ALL THE SUPPOSED KIDS WHO HE MESSED WITH YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR BLAMING THAT MAN WHO WAS A GRETA MAN.HE LOVED CHILDREN AND BELIEVED IN HELPING THEM,LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET HIM FINALLY REST.IM GONNA MISS YOU MIKE,I AM A SHOE ARTIST AND I AM GOING TO DO A PAIR OF MJ SHOES AND POST THEM ON YOU TUBE.I CAN'T BELIEVE A LEGEND IS GONE

opi

Hey, if you don't want to learn the truth about Jackson and drugs, leave and go to the fanzine sites, who have lied about him and drugs for years.

Jacko had a $100,000 bill from a Beverly Hills pharmacy he had to be forced to pay a few years ago.

Sunshine

Why can't his lawyers, and people who really knew the real story keep it to themselves. Let the world accept a heart attack and more forward with just celebrating his wonderful talents. Why do we always feel the need to show the bad side of people. Regardless of what he was doing in his personal life, his music and the good things he did for people will live on forever. He was a man, a father, a son, the king of pop! RIP

angie

i feel the world has lost a great man and i am saddnedd by the news and feel for his family and friends.
i think the one way to achieve a good memory for this man is to open a michael jackson fund to enable to continue his great work for children who were disabled, rather than spending money on flowers which achieves nothing for his work.
i hope neverland ranch would be funded by someone and his work can continue for the disabled children he so greatly tried to help.

R.I.P. Billy

How are you going to come to a gossip site and then comment to the writer to stop "gossiping and spreading rumors"??? TMZ was the first one who got this story right, when everyone else was just "guessing".

Chris

They have already had an initial autopsy that revealed it was not a heart attack or OD!!! He died of food poisoning from eating a 9 year old weiner

I see u

TMZ I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I WAS AT WORK READING YOUR SITE WHEN YOU BROKE THE STORY ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON. EVERYONE WAS WATCHING CNN AND SAYING IT WAS NOT TRUE. I KEPT SAYING THAT TMZ WAS ON TOP OF IT... IT TOOK CNN UNTIL 7 PM MY TIME TO CONFIRM HIS DEATH. BY THAT TIME YOU WERE ON THE NEXT PAGE.... KEEP IT UP......AND NOW ALL MY FRIENDS ARE ASKING FOR YOUR WEBSITE TMZ.....YOU KICK'D ASS ON THIS ONE!

martin firth

rip michael jackson thankyou for the great music

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments