Michael Jackson's Autopsy Has Begun

6/26/2009 11:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson AutopsyThe Los Angeles County Coroner has started the autopsy on Michael Jackson.

Dr. Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran is performing the autopsy. The Dr. was a star witness in the O.J. Simpson case.

UPDATE: We're told some members of the Jackson family are headed to the coroner's office.

MIKE FRM MD

I feel for the family but at least he won't be playing "hide the sausage" anymore with little boys!

Sad

I agree with #11. to Tracy--- Who are you to judge. Let us not forget MJ was acquitted of the charges brought against him. That joke was in very bad taste. Three children are mourning the loss of their father and you make a joke. NOT COOL.

Lorind

Don't get me wrong. I feel deeply for the family and also grew up on his music but I do not see the harm in waiting for his autopsy results like anyone else

Maggie

I do not wish death for anyone, even this sad, sick twisted sexual deviant. The only blessing out of this is that, just possibly, now his children can have a semblance of a normal life. Lets hope that someone supervises custody and that the kids are taken care of properly...but, as the entire family is one giant trainwreck, God only knows who could step up to take the kids. What a sorry, sorry mess.

Juan Carlos

Michael Jackson, vivirás para siempre en la memoria de auquellos que marcaste su época, gracias por tu talento. Ich bin sehr traurig!!!!!!!!

EducatedAussieChick

A big thanks to the TMZ crew for all the breaking news on Michael. I'm an Aussie fan and there is nothing on television about Michael right now as its almost 1.20am on Saturday here, so all your effort this is appreciated!

rosa123

In death all debts are paid. Michael Jackson was a great talent and there will never be another... talented and tortured.. here are the lyrics to will you be there.. spoken part

Missing Michael!

(Spoken)
In our darkest hour
In my deepest despair
Will you still care?
Will you be there?
In my trials
And my tribulations
Through our doubts
And frustrations
In my violence
In my turbulence
Through my fear
And my confessions
In my anguish and my pain
Through my joy and my sorrow
In the promise of
Another tomorrow
I'll never let you part
For you're always in my heart.

You will forever be missed...I will pray for your children.

Bigun

Oh lighten up #16, that joke was funny!! The man is dead and we should give some space, but that was funny!

not really its called COPY AND PASTE

Jax

Just wondering, did he have life insurance?

Lou

I can't believe how everyone is making such a big deal about Michael Jackson. He was a disgusting person and I'm glad he's gone. Now maybe he's kids can grow up to be normal and actually have their faces exposed in public. I wonder if the mother will want custody of them now. I would much rather see headlines that talk about Farrah Fawcett, remember she did die too.

CindyC

The doctor has a cool name.

jackie the jokeman

OMG...they just released the autopsy...he died of food poisoning....
......reason for death" he ate 12 year old nuts"

Q

this is very sad, when I first heard that M.J. had passed away I thought it was a rumor, I knew that he was unhealthy, but I didn't expect him to die so suddenly, I grew up listening to his music, watching his videos, it could be drug related, who knows people said he was addicted to pain killers...I also heard that he was anorexic and only ate 1 meal a day and was down to 100 lbs, I think that might have caused his death too, but no one will really know till the results of the autopsy are made public which will take a few weeks and dispite that he went off the deep end and he did turn a little weird in the end. but he's still Micheal Jackson...a true icon, a legend, he will be missed by many people world wide, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and those close to him. R.I.P. M.J.

demis bicycle seat

20. Something really bothers me in regard to the expedition of the autopsy of MJ. In order to find out if drugs were in fact involved don't tox screen results need to be obtained? Are these also expected today? There are a lot of cases in which law enforcement is still waiting on autopsy reports for poor murdered children, results that could catch a murderer and the autopsy for MJ really needs to be expedited over these types of cases?

they will be looking for something obvious that took his life the tox reports usually take a few weeks