Second Autopsy for Michael Jackson

6/27/2009 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

michael jackson A source close to the family of Michael Jackson tells TMZ the family has requested a second autopsy -- and it is currently underway somewhere in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County Coroner conducted an autopsy on Friday and while he said there was "no indication of foul play," the official cause of death could not be determined.

Story developing ...

Janet

Michael has enough members in his family that they should have been taking care of him. They have no excuse. Michael put all of them on the map of fame.

Cali MJ Fan

I think it is extremely smart of the family. One question that stands out is if Michael had converted to the Muslim faith, then should he not have been shrouded and buried by now? Also, it is sad that his poor body is going through so much scrutiny. Ashame that no one allowed a joint autopsy so it would be done at the same time.

Let's hope the family allows for a public funeral.

Buffarilla

has Liz Talyor said anything regarding MJ's death yet??

Joanna Therese

I remember being 10 years old and ripping opening my birthday present which I knew was the album "Thriller"! I couldn't rip that wrapping off fast enough. I remember crying, kissing your picture on the album cover and running around my house saying many thanks to my parents who finally granted my wish! I must have played that album over a million times and tried hard to emulate your dance moves. Your image was all over my bedroom walls and your sounds coming from my record player seemed at one point endless for my parents, who begged me to give it a rest for a while. But hearing your voice brought happiness to my ears, heart and mind. And I will never forget watching you and almost completely coming out of my own skin on Motown 25 "Billie Jean" performance, which I still have recorded on an old Beta videotape... Over the years I watched you triumph and ultimately fall from grace as many a genius does unfortunately. However, be it known from one end of the globe to the other, you have made such a positive impact on this world through your music and being a humanatarian. Anyone that was ever in your presence should be considered lucky and should thank you for the many doors you dared to break through. Without you now, the world seems a little colder and perhaps a tad much older. However, King of Pop...seated now on your heavenly throne...now you know how much people really love you.

RIP MICHAEL J. JACKSON

#1 Fan

VISIT WWW.MICHAELJACKSONDEADJUNE252009.COM

natashattw

WHO F@@@ING CARES THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT NEWS IN THE WORLD THAN HIM. HE'S DEAD IN GONE MOVE ON

PapiChuloLongHairShaunNY

nish, I FEEL A 2ND IS WARRANTED COMPLETELY DONT U IF I LOSE MY SON WHO ABOUT TO (1)MAKE KAZILLIONS OF BUCKS IN JULY WEEK OR 2 AWAY,AND WHO A "GREAT DAD"AND NO LOSER TYPE OF A LIFE ETC.WHO HELP MUCH IN LIFE ETC. AND JUST A ALL AROUND GREAT GUY OR NOT SO GOOD,I WILL "DEMAND!"DR.FIRST TO BE ARRESTED AND CALL I N THE F.B I on this quack who not even license to practice in LOS ANGELES DID YOU KNO THAT ONLY IN IOWA AND SOME OTHER 2 STATES.NOW THAT IS LOCO.KRAZY. AND NISH "WE ALL KRYIN I HEAR YA ON THAT"BUT WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN.YA KNOW?
cherriangel70@aol.com

jtk1351

No surprise here - I'm certain the minute the autopsy results/non-results were disclosed to the family this was in the works. BTW, TMZ, you are AWESOME in your up-to-the-minute reporting. Many thanks.

opi

Put up or shut up a direct link to Jordie Chandler, recipient of over 20 million dollars payoff from Jacko and his lawyer Johnnie Cochran, saying the whole thing was false.

chalkoutline

79. @chalkoutline

Of all the "recovered" people you know who "don't need injections after injuries", how many were dancing 6 hrs/day, 4 days/week, in preparation for a 10 stadium sold out our? None. Not to mention that SOME people needs chronic pain management for the rest of their lives after an accident--professional entertainers or not!

Posted at 4:23PM on Jun 27th 2009 by flashfyre

I said years later. Of course some people will need pain mangagement for chronic pain, the person I wrote of does see a pain management specialist.

Reports vary as to his actual participitation in the rehersals, hopefully the truth will sift it's way out. In any case, he either was in good enough shape to do the rehersals or he wasn't. Anyone disabled enough to require the meds given would not be able to do this show, tour, whatever.

whatwouldudo

I saw the post earlier...here is the link to the Jordy comment. Not sure if it is true or not...but here is the link

Daniel

That ambulance we keep seeing on the media LA#71 seems to have a real problem backing up. If he wasn't dead already he would have been dead by the time the ambulance was able to back into the house. I think the LA people should train the drivers better about backing up. It looks like it took almost 3 minutes for him to back into the house.

jeco

New pictures emerged: http://tiny.cc/7zLj4

william57

Please no, leave him alone, he has had enough done to him, let him go to his eternal rest, Whats the second autopsy about? I would bet that the coroner took samples rom every nook and cranny.

EPJ

I smell lawsuit..... Way to go Joe. You took every piece of MJ you could while he was alive. Why would people think you would stop with his death. All you ever saw was the $$$$$$$. do what you want, you can't hurt him anymore, you piece of $#!+