Billy Mays -- 'I Got a Hard Head'

6/28/2009 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In what would turn out to be his last interview, Billy Mays recounted his experience aboard US Airways Flight 1241 which landed roughly at Tampa International Airport yesterday.

Billy Mays -- play video
Billy Mays was found dead in his home early this morning.

billy mays photos

Berto

Why isn't there more news on the rough landing? What was the weather? Was the pilot inexperienced? Why did the tires blow out? Was anybody else hurt? Billy Mays seemed like a nice guy...

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

FOR THE IGNORANT PERSON THAT STATED THAT HE SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS SEAT BELT ON..... HE DID! WITH THE TRAMATIC PROBLEM OF THE AIRPLANE TIRES AS THEY LANDED. THEY ARE SO LUCKY THERE WASN'T MORE SERIOUS INJURIES OR FATALITIES. BUT WITH THE PERSONAL CARRY-ONS AND OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE ABOVE EACH PASSANGER. THEY FELL OUT OF THE COMPARTMENTS WHICH SOMETHING HIT MR. MAYS ON THE HEAD. THEY SAID HE COMMENTED THAT HE HAD A HEADACHE! HE COULD HAVE HAD A SUB-DURAL HEMATOMA IN THE BRAIN. I ENJOYED HOW PERSISTED WAYS HE PROMOTED THE PRODUCTS! I SEND MY CONDOLENCES AND RESPECTS TO ALL HIS FAMILY AND LOVED ONES....BILLY MAYS MAY HE REST IN PEACE

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SAID OR THINK HE WAS SO SICKING WITH HIS MANNER OF VOICE !!! JUST THINK HE MADE A HELL OF ALOT OF MONEY THEN YOU IGORANT CRITICS!!

me

what is going on with this world? are these warnings, are gossip sites just taking over, michael jackson king of tabloids dies and billy mays, spokesman for oxi clean...that is tragic how he was getting interviewed and no one thought about him going to the hospital. what about that other actress that died an hour or so after from a skiing accident. she was fine, it appeared.

what a tragic week

shelly

He probably suffered a brain injury after hitting his head and didn't even know about it. Seemed like a nice guy. My prayers are with his family.

jbh142

WOW #19 your a loser that has nothing better to do than go around talking bad about people. I will pray for you and anyone that might know you. Billy was at the top of his game and sold stuff that actually did work great. Let me ask you what have you done with your life?

Phil

at least the only place he'll be screaming now is in Hell for all the rip-off products he sold!
Glad he is not waking me up with his BS now!

Burn Billy Burn!

jbh142

#28 bulldozer I fee sorry for oyu as you can't find anything good to say about a good man. You a sad person indeed..

Phil

95. This would be celebrity number 5; ?

YOU!

raymo

Sounds like another Natasha Richardson to me! People, get CT SCANS NOW!!! He had a hematoma from luggage on his head in that plane and should have gone to the hospital to be checked out! Sad to see him go!

Michael "Not the Judge"

Just the other day I was reading about what television person was an annoyance. The top of the list was Mr. Billy Mays. Some of the remarks that were made were in bad taste. Let me enlighten you *#@^%$ people. Mr. Mays was the type of man that I would want to represent my product. He found his "calling in life" in life. I hope that he made millions! See one never knows when that person that you don't like for one reason or the other will be called away or die or pass on or whatever you want to call it. I do not want anyone to feel bad in reference to the remarks that you made about Mr. Mays. He has gone to a better place. I'll say this there will never be another Billy Mays. I know that I will never forget him and that loud voice. Everyone that has ever heard him will never forget him either. I really feel like that that was his plan...once you hear his voice... you will always remember him. WHAT A SHOWMAN!!! WHAT A PITCHMAN!!!

Madeline

I did not watch his informercials and thanks to a DVR, I was able to fast forward through his commercials. My and any other person's opinion of Mr. Mays is irrelevant. It was tragic that he was taken and that it could have possibly been because of an earlier untreated head injury.
RIP Mr. Mays.

LR

dd--I doubht the was taking anything in prep for hip replacement. My daughter had hip surgery and required no blood, most sugeries now a days very little blodd is lost.

Sounds like he just got hit in the wrong spot the wrong way and it hurt his brain. It can take just a slight little bang in the right spot to cause brain damage or bleeding

Get Saved - U May be Next

Sham-wow!

( I know he didn't say that but --- You know he would have loved that!)

It seems his speech was a little slurred or he appears to be 'off' ---

So sorry for his family.

RIP!

orionsaint

He could have had internal bleeding and not know it?

aniteh

sounds like talk and die syndrome