President Reaches Out to Jackson Family

6/28/2009 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

president Obama Michael JacksonPresident Barack Obama has written a note to Michael Jackson's family, a top White House adviser said today.

David Axelrod says Obama expressed his condolences to the Jacksons. He said Obama saw the pop star as a spectacular performer whose life had sad and tragic aspects.

The Prez did not issue a statement following Jackson's death.

disbelief

Seriously? Wow. Gosh, the fight for freedom in Iran and winning against terrorism PALES in comparison to the death of yet another over-indulged, over-exposed celebrity. After seeing Congress have a moment of silence for Michael Jackson, it's obvious this nation is in the crapper.

you must stupid

Question: Which is more white?

A. Being born black but having your skin medically lightened. Countless nose and lips surgeries to appear more white. Having your hair straightened out. And only "dating" white women and liking little white boys, or;

B. Being born to a white mother. Raised by white grandparents and growing up in the most NON-black state in the country of Hawaii and surfering?

Hmmm.......

you must stupid

Comparing Jackson to Elvis is like comparing Angelia Jolie to Oprah in beauty. It's just laughable. Jackson had great success, but he's sure as sh*t no Elvis. There's only one KING of music, and he didn't even have to give himself the title like Jacko did.

you must stupid

Cant wait til the MLB all-star game in two weeks. This moron is throwing out the first pitch!!!! He'll get booed so loud he won't be able to concentrate!!! And judging from the fact he bowls a 37, I think he'll need all the brainpower he can muster to get the ball anywhere near home plate!!!!!

you must stupid

The irony here is, you have one dumbass that thought they didn't deserve all the attention they received. And the other dumbass would sell his own children into slavery to get more attention that they feel they deserve. I'll let you guess which is which.

Mayu

I guess Farrah Fawcett wasn't black enough to get the Prez to pay attention, depsite the fact she wasn't accused of being a pedophile, lived a faith filled life, never gave up hope, and fought cancer as bravely as a soldier fights for America overseas.

you must stupid

-----------------------------------------------------

Oflaba didn't send the slain 23 year old army private that was murdered by a terrorist in Arkansas a letter, so he surely wouldn't send another brave American's family a letter either. This man is a disgrace and has zero business serving as a county commissioner, let alone the President.

who gives a shit

This country is in BIG TROUBLE and I am afraid for our future with this socialist you know what in office.........................................

gloryroad

This is a sad Country that we live in the UNITED STATES......Someone please tell me why race SHOULD or WOULD ALWAYS play a part in our everyday life. I am a PROUD BLACK WOMEN, and I wouldn't want to be any other nationality, I don't care who the president of the UNITED STATES IS, know this...Until we come together as a people this country will never be SAVED...NEVER NO MATTER WHO THE PRESIDENT IS.....Thank God for the white people that is not STUCK, But for those who are still in salvery themselves, I feel sorry for you, and I pray that God will show you that he is LOVE... People need to learn how to read their bibles, and than and only than will they understand what is going on in this WORLD....RIP Michael,Farrah,Ed and the many more people that die EVERYDAY.....I ONLY PRAY THAT THEY KNEW JESUS AS THEIR PERSONAL SAVIOR.....

Carolanne

Why is anyone surprised at Obama's response? All along, people have treated him like a rock star, and he has acted like one from day 1. It's all he's ever wanted to be - he's just tagging along on Michael's coattails. Frankly, between his photo ops (remember the one at the burger stand?) and his endless TV interviews, I'm surprised he has time for anything else. It's a sad commentary on the office of the President when the biggest news out of the Oval Office at one point was about swatting a fly! Michelle is no better - a "career" woman who has shown us nothing but gardening, fashion, and lounging on the cover of Vogue. Remember all of the warnings about his governing experience? I hate to say I told you so, but...

The "black/white" issue notwithstanding, maybe someone should read this guy his job description.

Bunzer

Well since all is well with the econony now, quadrupled deficit, government takeovers and such, I guess Obama doesn't have anything more important to take care of. Jack ass!

elle

So, I guess Obama sent a condolence letter to Farrah Fawcett's family this week and Ed McMahon oh and now the oxiclean guy?

America you are a freak nation.

who gives a shit

DID CONGRESS REALLY HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON? UNBELIEVABLE!!! DID THEY ALSO HAVE ONE FOR ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED RECENTLY, LIKE DAVID, ED, FARRAH????? AND WHO IS THE A-HOLE WHO POSTED THAT PEREZ HILTON TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE? THAT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! AS I GUESSED IT WAS SOME A-HOLE STARTING A RUMOR. TOO BAD IT'S NOT TRUE CUZ PEREZ HAS HURT A LOT OF PEOPLE AND IT'S ABOUT TIME HE WAS PUT IN HIS PLACE-HELL................................

cosmo in texas

I guess Obamajama will name June 26th a day of morning for the "oh great one" I guess this is a race thing with his condolences only going out to a black man with a questionable past, but not to the American soldiers families who are dying each month. But can white folks have the day off too? I would love to sit at home for a free day off and think about what an idiot you are.

you must stupid

Obama is a disgrace and should resign from office before we boot his Socialist ass out in 3 years.