Tampa Cops Discuss the Death of Billy Mays

6/28/2009 5:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Laura McElroy, spokesperson for the Tampa Police Department, addressed reporters this afternoon to discuss the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays.

McElroy reiterated that there were no signs of foul play.

Helen

Will miss you Billy. RIP. You did your JOB well!!! #5 be careful whar you say. How sick are you...

1921 days ago

Helen

forgive me #5. I meant 4. That's how ticked off it made me.....

1921 days ago

turdtacular

This is a Natasha Richardson situation. Talk and die scenario. It is as clear as day. It is sad.

1921 days ago

christy

Two words...Natasha Richardson.

1921 days ago

Angel

guys something really scary is going on here, in the past year we've been loosing tons of celebrities........why is this happening all of a sudden? im pointing my finger at one source.......if you believe in God then you know what im talking about.....maybe there is something that God doesnt want these people see....something coming in the very near future.....im starting to get scared because we're loosing celebrities by the week!

1921 days ago

bangus.

This isn't backed up by anyone else and is just my opinion... I think that the landing of his plane and something hitting him in the head hard might have cause a brain aneurysm that was not diagnosed and cause his death. Unfortunately people brush it off and its basically a ticking time bomb. RIP Billy Mays.

1921 days ago

Lisa

At first Billy Mays used to drive me crazy....but I loved the products, so I didn't mind. Then I watched Pitchmen, and I was hooked. He was just about the nicest guy around. I loved his energy and excitement over the products he endorsed. I feel horrible for his wife, son, mother, and daughter...and his friends/co-workers. May he rest in peace. Another one gone too early.

#5 - I really wish you would've kept your hateful, cruel words to yourself.....God help you.

1921 days ago

kal

Sounds like the same kind of injury that Natasha Richardson had.

1921 days ago

Billy Bob

What a week! Or should I say month! D. Carradine, E. McMahon, Farrah, MJ, B. Mays; who's next? Glad I'm not a celebrity!
My condolences to these families.

Number six is, was. Gale Storm at 87. She had "My little Margie", and the Gale Storm show, a pre-runner of "Loveboat"

1921 days ago

Daniel

When I first saw Mr. Mays on TV I thought what an irritating idiot! Then I started watching him on the Discovery channel on his new show pitchmen I really came to like him. He always seemed willing to have a good laugh and help someone that really needed the help. I was really shocked and I am very upset that he is gone. I am even more upset over Mr. Mays that MJ I know it sounds bad but I watched Billy and Sully every week. I feel terrible for his friends and his family. My prayers are with them.

1920 days ago

Shawn

This is sad. But, did I hear the spokeswoman say that he was a "young man in his 50's?" Huh? Does that mean life's just getting started at 60?

1920 days ago

SP

I think the Obama Administration is killing off all these people to take away from what they are doing to us in Washington. Come on Gov Sanford, Farrah, Michael, now Mays! I am kidding, but we really should pay more attention to this cap & trade & healthc are reform which will cost the average American more in taxes than they can pay & jobs as well. You better worry more about this countrys future than what goes on in Hollywood.

1920 days ago

Hannah Harris

10. Geesch! >>>>>God's CLEANIN HOUSE IN HOLLYWOOD!

I figured Liz Taylor would go soon as she had been in the hospital a few weeks before Michael Jackson died.I bet MJ will be buried at Neverland and it'll become the " Graceland " of the west coast.

1920 days ago

BD

Kaboom! He's gone...Rest in Peace, Billy. You'll live on forever in our TV infomercials. I can see you now, walking up to St.Peter at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. St. Peter looks up from his book of names and says, "Welcome, my son...what is your name?". He says (loudly), " HI. BILLY MAYS HERE..."

1920 days ago