Billy Mays 911 Call -- 'It's Too Late'

6/29/2009 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made from the home of Billy Mays, where he was found dead yesterday morning.

Billy Mays -- play audio

During the emotional call, Billy's wife is asked to move his body from the bed to the floor so she can perform CPR -- just like in the Michael Jackson 911 call -- but then an unknown male takes the phone to tell the dispatcher, "It's too late."

We're told by Tampa police officials the mystery male heard in the call was a family friend who was visiting from out of town.

Vanessa

TMZ, can you find out who the man is on the phone on the Mays end of the conversation? He sounds like he has an accent that is not native to the US.

Who is he and why was he at their house?

Kp827

OMG you people on here make the dumbest, most disrespectful, and thoughtless comments. How the heck do oyu know how his wife felt and/or what she was feeling/thinking? Are you her? Were you there? It sounded as if she was distraught & crying to me...

NYone

Why would anyone want to listen to that? what do you gain from this ? seriously? what is the purpose of playing this tape? this is so sad

Bex

911 oprerators are so friggin rude. They treat the caller like they are a criminal. I hate them!

Gm7999

That is the last time I ever listen to a 911 call on this site. I understand the interest in celebrity..but to listen to someone during the worst moment of their life seems wrong. TMZ should not be putting links to any 911 call regarding a death. I actually feel ashamed for listening to that.

Friend86

Please take this down. It works alright. Billy Mays was a decent person who did not walked around in a drug induced daze. Please take this down for respect of his family for Pete's sake.

JustSayin

RIP Billy...I got to say I will not miss you annoying loud voice on my TV

Melanie Nelms

I'm a huge fan and I have to say......I am disturbed by this call. I am saddened by his death as he had so much life!!! His personality made him a HUGE presence! I will truely miss him! This was more shocking and sad for me than the whole Michael Jackson thing that is getting WAY too much press!!

TheDonRickles

first,once the operator hears he is rigid,she stops telling them to try CPR.
if any of people knew what kind of moronic phone calls 911 get everyday,
you would realize the operator has to talk like that.
second,the autopsy today will tell right away if the bump on the head caused his death.
who said he wasnt wearing a seatbelt? that hasnt been confirmed by anyone.
He said stuff fell on him ,not that he hit his head on the ceiling.
He probably had a regular heart attack.
He was getting a new hip today but kept flying all over the place pitching his crappolla.

nowyouknow

Breaking News....He did not have a head injury, he had a heart problem. It is being reported on Fox 11 right now with Dorthy Lucey.

Jon

If you cant get it to work download the file and change the extension to mp4.

who gives a shit

Didn't work for me either! Not that I really wanted to listen to it anyway!! Maybe it was the English guy that he did "Pitchman" with? I had to call 911 for a death and you are in total shock and no one else was with me. You are in shock for days. That's why I can't understand why Michael Jacksons father and sister could go to an awards ceremony even if it was a tribute to Michal. Let's respect Billy's family. R.I.P. Billy

Melo

How do you change it to MP4 or any other format that will let me listen to it?

Rik

Who the hell would release this? This is disgusting.

love her!

This is just awful she is so sad you can hear her sadness. RIP

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments