Billy Mays 911 Call -- 'It's Too Late'

6/29/2009 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made from the home of Billy Mays, where he was found dead yesterday morning.

Billy Mays -- play audio

During the emotional call, Billy's wife is asked to move his body from the bed to the floor so she can perform CPR -- just like in the Michael Jackson 911 call -- but then an unknown male takes the phone to tell the dispatcher, "It's too late."

We're told by Tampa police officials the mystery male heard in the call was a family friend who was visiting from out of town.

susieq

OK, Harvey. I went to high school with you, and this 911 call is just beneath you. Nobody should be listening to private agonies. Yep, business is business and you do it well, but this one, well, not the guy I remember from school.

lilyx

TO:Firelass -- Thanks for all that information. It is good to know protocol because then if a emergency ever happens to your self or your family hopefully we as civilians may remember some of these things and react accordingly. I know it's easier said then done. I don't think you need to defend the 911 operator, she did fine imo - I have heard a lot worse.

rose

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. You have to wait but it does work..... she is crying.

Jennifer B

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. I feel guilty for even listening to it. I can't imagine what his wife is going through right now. My heart goes out to her and the whole family. RIP Billy and your perfect facial hair.

Tim

Dear God, that's just awful. That poor woman.

Deborah

This is the way they died in the old days. They died in their sleep. No need to linger and suffer. That is the way I would want to die if it were me,

Now, who is going to do all those commercials. Billy Mays was a good infomercial person.

Can't imagine waking up next to someone cold, blue, and stiff!

At least he did not suffer.

Roger martin

TMZ,
Your website is too cool. I am finding myself coming to your website to get the news first.
Way to go TMZ.
And please dont make fun of Martin Sheen anymore.
That guy is a national treasure.
That piece you did on the key lockout of the vehicle, I felt sorry for Mr. Sheen.
I have been in that predicament a few times myself. Its embarrassing.
But all in all, TMZ is awesome.
Roger Martin
Roeland Park Kansas

tina

So sad for his wife to go through that, always remember to tell the ones you love that you love them everyday we never know when god is going to take us, my deepest sympathy goes out to him, what a week with michael, farrah and now billy may gosh what a sad time may god bless all these families tina

ScaredMom

My hubby is a crime scene investigator, responsible for taking pics of deceased and TRUST ME, animals DO go after the deceased!! But yes, put away the pets so they don't bite anyone coming into the house too. It's a weird and unnerving time and they don't have a clue whats going on so they might bite even if they haven't ever before...

lynn

#4 I had to make that phone call a few years ago. It is very apparent. I'm glad the operator didn't harp at them.

Cleanskin

If he was already cold and stiff at 7am, he must have died right after going to bed. I'm surprised the wife didn't wake up when he died because the last breaths are usually loud and raspy like he would be choking.

boris

at least it was in his sleep. the best way to go.

nymaven

Billy was the real deal. Nothing else to say.

Joy

TMZ...YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS HOW DARE YOU POST THE 911 CALLS? YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE. DISGUSTING!

buzz1234

What a Biatch on the Other End of the Line....911 Operators sometimes are Real A-Holes....
That 911 operator I thought she was ready to say "Well you have a Great and wonderful day, okay"...

Nasty Rude Operator.