Billy Mays 911 Call -- 'It's Too Late'

6/29/2009 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made from the home of Billy Mays, where he was found dead yesterday morning.

Billy Mays -- play audio

During the emotional call, Billy's wife is asked to move his body from the bed to the floor so she can perform CPR -- just like in the Michael Jackson 911 call -- but then an unknown male takes the phone to tell the dispatcher, "It's too late."

We're told by Tampa police officials the mystery male heard in the call was a family friend who was visiting from out of town.

arceliaperez

wow this is so sad i did hear the tape and you can hear the sadness in the voice of the wife when she says it to late he is cold..he's gone

Kathy

What the hell is the 911 person talking about - she pretty much told her he was dead from the git go. Freakin to be doing CPR on your dead husband . I don't think they should be instructed to do CPR on a loved one when it is obvious they are dead - Creepy. RIP Billy - to Billy's wife - there was nothing you could have done. My condolenses.

jack

Friend86

"80. oh the world will suffer soooooooooooooo without this genius poor orange glow what will they do-the man with the drawn on beard-oh give him a star on holloywood walk of fame-this is bigger then micheal or farrah

Posted at 8:09PM on Jun 29th 2009 by jack"---You should rename yourself to JACKA$$!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you be so insensitive.

Sherry

R.I.P. Billy Mays
My thoughts and prayers for the family and friends.

sue jones

There is a sic facination with listening to the 911 calls. I find it shocking, and personal, but am compelled to listen anyway. Is anyone curious as to why the 911 operator instructed them to keep family pets away from a dead prson?

matt

IT WASN'T FROM HITTING HIS HEAD !!! HE HAD NO BRUISES ON HIS HEAD AT ALL. INSIDE OR OUT. HE HAD HEART PROBLEMS. HE DIED OF HEART FAILURE DUE TO HIS HEART ISSUE NOT BECAUSE OF THE PLANE.

AS FAR AS POSTING THIS, THIS IS THE INTERNET AGE. IT'S THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT THAT LETS ANYONE HEAR THIS. NOT JUST TMZ. DON'T BLAME THEM. THIS WILL BE ALL OVER THE NET. IT'S JUST A 911 CALL. IT'S NOT A VIDEO OF HIM ON IN HIS BED. RELAX PEOPLE. I THINK THE FAMILY KNOWS SINCE HE WAS A CELEBRITY, THAT THIS WOULD GET OUT. DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS A BIG DEAL TO THEM COMPARED TO DEALING WITH HIS DEATH? YEAH I CAN JUST PICTURE A FAMILY MEMBER SAYING " I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CALL IS ON THE INTERNET " WHEN HE OR SHE IS AT THE FUNERAL. GEEZ.....COME ON PEOPLE. GRAB SOME COMMON SENSE.

Beeker

Who are they to say it's too late? If that were my huband i would try anything in my power to save him.

mikerust7@AOL.COM

wow this is crazy a month ago i bought u beer and u signed a beer can for me and now ur gone this is to much to beleive your in heaven wit my my cousin and ur nephew.. rip both of u mays i will miss ya

queenbee

how terrible for his wife to find him like that! At least he did it in his sleep and not while he was driving or something. He will be missed! No product pusher has been this popular since Mr Whipple (dont squeeze the charmin guy). I will miss his enthusiasm and spunky personality,

wcb

I dont work ambulances services but I am a telenurse that has to communicate w/ them during calls. Yes from this end (and likely the the deceased family as well) it soulds like the operature was being a a douche for encouraging CPR on a cold, stiff, cyanotic man who appared to be dead as far as the family felt and likely was far beyond the interventions of CPR. However, you have to remember that when you are dealing w/ people on the phone you do have objective clinical guideance, so you have to err on the side of the most prudent course of action until emergency responders can get on scen to do a further assessment. Also it seems like they laid off on the CPR talk after the family said it was too late. How trajic for this family to find their husband/father suddenely dead and not knowing immed what caused it. Atleast w/ celebs, the results are shared fast. Took my 2 years to get the cause of my grandfathers autopsy

Heather

OMG... HORRIBLE!!... SSOOO SAD.. But what I want to know is why was his wife not sleeping with him? She says... I just woke up right now and I came in here and turned him over and his lips were purple.. and WHY was the "mystery man" SOO FN calm??!! He was like... its too late.. No emotions... you would think if he was a close enough friend to be staying there he would be more upset than that!! I mean really? All this is JACKED up just like MJ's 911 call.... R.I.P..... Farra, MJ, Billie, Ed, Kung Fu Guy,.. My prayers are with the 5 families!

Explainerpro01

Guys, Billy Mays didn't die from the plane crash, he had a heart condition, and most likely died of a heart attack in his sleep.

Vin

They should fire that operator immediately - I don't like her tone, I don't like how pushy she was.. she should take information and be compassionate toward the callers.

Talus

How said!

And, did she say, "put away any family pets"???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments