Billy Mays 911 Call -- 'It's Too Late'

6/29/2009 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made from the home of Billy Mays, where he was found dead yesterday morning.

Billy Mays -- play audio

During the emotional call, Billy's wife is asked to move his body from the bed to the floor so she can perform CPR -- just like in the Michael Jackson 911 call -- but then an unknown male takes the phone to tell the dispatcher, "It's too late."

We're told by Tampa police officials the mystery male heard in the call was a family friend who was visiting from out of town.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

sexysaphire85

how ignorant are u people who are saying he soulda wore a seat belt during the landing? which one of u were on the plane? did it ever occour to u that maybe something fell on his head or maybe he was slammed against a wall while in a bathroom? whatever the case none of u were there so u dont know so to make such comments is not only rude but just plain insensitive and ignorant!!! rip billy!!!

1908 days ago

Cheetah

RIP Billy & my prayers go out to his family & friends. Now as for the dispatcher telling family to put pets away, she was saying it so emergency crew can get to victim quickly. Don't think she was telling them to keep pets away from his body! If you listen to recording again, she says, they are on the way so put pets away! Pets become very overprotective of their owners especially when they sense pain!

1908 days ago

Chad

God bless his family in this time. Most of us could only dream to accomplish what he had in his short life. Rest Peacefully Billy

1907 days ago

herbiii

that is the saddest 911 call i have ever heard... For these 4 celeb deaths this past week, there is no bigger name than MJ, but for me, Billy Mays was the saddest.. he is the true american dream b/c he represents everything that this country stands for by pitching inventions - which is the heart and soul of this country... The entertainment business is not the blood of this country, its the ppl working in their garages creating inventions and then its ppl like Billy Mays making them known to the public... We lost a HUGE figure that boasted this countries best. He will be missed..

1907 days ago

Kalel

I have seen the finally of pitchmen and I was disappointed by there ending, Thought they could have done much, much better to honor him. I admit I was not a real big fan of his until I was able to sit down and watch him do his thing, I am sorry I waited so long to know him as a person. My thoughts go to his family.

1906 days ago

Stylin' in Strasburg

Hmmm... So Sad. So very sad.

1904 days ago

LOU

ANY BODY WHO IS DISRESPECTFUL OF THE FAMILY CAN GO FLY A KITE AND I HOPE YOUR STAINS DONT COME OUT. EVERYBODY WHO KNEW BILLY BOTH FRIENDS AND FAMILY WOULD MOST LIKELY STEP IN FRONT OF A BULLET FOR HIM. SO IF THERE WAS ANYTHING TO HELP. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE ANY DOUGHT TO THAT. BILLY LOVED HIS FAMILY WHICH HE CHERISHED, AND THEY WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING THEY COULD HAVE.

1900 days ago

Nicole

This is sad.):

austin

we still have AL in home movement

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6