Jackson Family: No Public Viewing at Neverland

7/1/2009 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jackson FamilyThe Jackson family has just released a statement via their newly acquired reps, saying there will be no public or private service for Michael Jackson at Neverland.

"Contrary to previous news reports, the Jackson family is officially stating that there will be no public or private viewing at Neverland.

Plans are underway regarding a public memorial for Michael Jackson, and we will announce those plans shortly."

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25

Dejavou

I'm totally shocked that no one has REALLY gone "nuts" and noticed that the truth to this whole thing is that Elvis was driving the ambulance and the pair have now run off to make sweet music together. ~sigh
Get REAL! Please don't start the whole "Elvis Lives" with MJ. Elvis had a public viewing of his body, his casket was open for photographers the world over to take his picture in the casket and all it did was generate rumors that people were actually viewing a wax dummy. No one will ever be satisfied and having been witness to the media blitz for Elvis I can a test to the fact that everything everyone suggests, regarding a public viewing and memorial has been done, tried and failed. Elvis couldn't even be laid to rest "safe and secure" in the family mausoleum. Thank goodness they had Graceland so his body, and that of his family, could be moved to a place where it can REST IN PEACE.
I can't imagine any place they could bury Jackson where his remains would be any after than Elvis. Read up on your Elvis history all you MJ fans, and it might change your mind about putting his body though any more abuse. Even if it is out of love.

wren

I hope it'll be a funeral and not a viewing becasue by Tuesday he's not going to be looking very good. Not that he looked good when he was alive. What with the weird distorted features and all.

A week and a half after he dies, he will not be in shape for viewing.

Why did they have to cancel the circus? Michael fits right in with a circus.

I am getting pissed with the constant MJ stuff.
No mention of Karl malden. What about updates on Billy Mays. Or the Goselins divorce or some junk like that. Here in Hollywood there are TONS of things to write about.

Michelle

That is true, Elvis family buried him at Forest Hills, Memphis, TN and someone tried to steal his remains. They moved him to Graceland only for security purposes and they moved his mother's remains, as well. It was the home which he bought for $100,000 and his grandmother, parents, daughter, ex wife and he lived out their lives (exception of Lisa Marie and Priscilla0. It was their home. It is also located in a very area, ie. a main blvd. which is easily accessed. It bnigs much revenue to a very impoverished area. It is an asset to the area and gives employment, etc.

SouthAfrican

I am watching a news update on our local tv channel in South Africa, and the reporter has announced that MJ will not be buried at Neverland, with the huge crowds that wanted to attend it is a disappointment, perhaps the family wanted to have their private moment with him...may he rest in peace now =(

Honey

Why has no one reported on which funeral home he is at or at least speculated on that? It has been reported in the past that he converted to Islam, prehaps he has already been buried or maybe he will/has been cremated.

dora

HE MAY HAVE BEEN FAMOUS BUT HE LIVED A SAD LIFE.IF HIS DAD JOE CAN MAKE MONEY OFF THIS HE WILL.THE OTHER DAY WHEN I WAS WATCHING THE NEWS JOE JACKSON DIDNT SAY HOW HE MISSED OR LUVED MICHAEL HE TALKED ABOUT HIS RECORD COMPANY IT WAS ALL ABOUT JOE NOT HIS SON I THINK THAT IS BAD WHEN A FATHER CAN USE A SONS DEATH FOR PROFIT HOPEFULLY DIANA ROSS WILL GET THOSE KIDS OTHERWISE THOSE KIDS ARE GONNA BE MESSED UP JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE FAMILY.

kellyg

Freakin amazing day 4 Micheal Jacksons face still on the front page of TMZ getting boring people we want real DAMN news already,cant you find anything better to report you have all those reporters,please dont tell us you have all them on the MJ case,I would QUIT my job if that where the case,he died we all know this this now could we move on now.

JEANNETTE

I can't remember what TV station I was watching early last night I think It was CNN .. As I flip from one to another .. there were 4 TV reporters..
When the one Announced the new Funeral Date "Tuesday July 7th " at some arena after the " Circus" Leaves ..
Not Only did I almost fall off my chair! all 4 reporters were laughing on TV..after one of them Had commented " One Circus After another" I am not making this up ...
I think like all of us Even the Media are thinking can this get any more Strange ? I think not .. there's much more to come....

ladybumfluff

OMG!!!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!! here is the real reason there will be no public viewings. i've just found out from inside sorces that when they put mj in the glass coffin someone left it outside.now with all the hot weather we have been having,the glass coffin got rather hot inside, you can imagine the rest, yes that's right all that is now left of mj is a pile of melted plastic, i know it's sad but on the bright side madam tussauds are going to donate their wax work model of him for the burial event. arn't they nice

sunset

I'm glad that there was a change of plans to have a viewing of MJ @ Neverland. MJ did not want to ever go back there after so many haters tried to ruin him. He said it was a house not a home. I know their are so many disappointed people out there who just wanted to gawk and say nasty things about him and about all the rumors of what took place there.So now find something else to talk about because it wont happen @ Neverland. MJ your family didn't help you when you were here on this earth. I hope they will help you now that you have gone to a better place, and to give you privacy and bury you with dignity. I feel that his family should just have a memorial with out his body and bury him somewhere that know one but the family know about. RIP MJ I love you a;ways and will never forget you and how you youched my life.

Rest In Peace Michael

Question of the Day is, Why They even considered Laying Michael to rest at Neverland Is beyond Me, the Man left there because of all the foolish accusations that were made against him, He left the Neverland Ranch because it hurt him so much to be there The happiest place to be for him turn into a nightmare SO HE LEFT If he wanted to return there I'm sure He would of. But he didn't And to Lay the man to rest for all eternity would of been a disgrace to him... yes it was his home and yes he was happy there but he couldn't stand to be there when he was alive after the accusations why place the man to rest there. I'm glad it didn't happen. Maybe now he can truely rest in Peace knowing he wont be in a place he truely didn't want to be! Rest In Peace Michael!

Lea

I think Joe Jackson's behavior is appaling. He didn't care about his son's well being when he was alive and he doesn't care now that he is dead. The only thing Joe Jackson cares about himself and how much money he can make off his dead son and his grandchildren. I think he is a truly pathetic human being.

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25