Jackson Family: No Public Viewing at Neverland

7/1/2009 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jackson FamilyThe Jackson family has just released a statement via their newly acquired reps, saying there will be no public or private service for Michael Jackson at Neverland.

"Contrary to previous news reports, the Jackson family is officially stating that there will be no public or private viewing at Neverland.

Plans are underway regarding a public memorial for Michael Jackson, and we will announce those plans shortly."

not a fan

TMZ, your ENTIRE page is being dedicated to Michael Jackson and every trivial detail of his death and will!! Who Cares?? Don't you have anything better to write about? This will be my last visit to your site until you start covering other subjects.

kristinaaaaa

good. i'm glad all these hypocritical people can't show up to his viewing/funeral.

NOW STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM. AT LEAST MAKE A DIFFERENT PART OF THE SITE SPECIFICALLY FOR MJ NEWS.

Zanete

IT'S SO SAD BECAUSE I AM SO BIG , BIG , BIG FAN OF HIM =)*
HE IS LIKE MY GOD :)* - I LOVE HIM SO MUCH =)*
I LIVE IN LATVIA AND TO SEE IN TMZ.COM ORE ANOTHER MEDIA THE NEWS AND HIS FACE :(

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE WAS GRATE MAN WITH GRATE AND GOOD HEART :)

caroline

THIS WASNT EVEN OFFICIAL!!

THE JACKSON FAMILY NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

IT WAS RUMOURS!!

Sera_Smiles

They just need to have services for this man, so he can rest in peace and his children can have a bit of closure in all of this and continue forth with the healing process.

Shane Soderquist

So they are planning a memorial for Micheal Jackson. I'm wondering what revision of His face they are going to use. I hope it's his unaltered biological face, as memorializing painkillers, and plastic surgery would be appropriate.

Woo Hoo!!!!

45. Even after he is dead he is still canceling appearences. LOL

Posted at 3:59PM on Jul 1st 2009 by jguidry74

LOL! Can't help but to laugh at that :)

Diana Lara

Oh that is great, I didn't know Michael, but I am sure he would not have wanted a public viewing (like some side-show).

mellow

Nobody has their story straight with this, to be a fly on the wall in the jackson home, funeral, no funeral, public/private, bury/cremate gah

Karl was an old guy, streetcar and streets of SF is what I remember him in, very distinctive looks and mannerisms, he had a good life.

Twinker

45. Even after he is dead he is still canceling appearences. LOL

Posted at 3:59PM on Jul 1st 2009 by jguidry74
____________________
That comment made me laugh so hard I fell out of my chair!

Ladybyrd

The SOURCE of these RUMORS is TMZ. The JACKSON FAMILY has not made any STATEMENTS. PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ANGER TO TMZ.

joe123

He wasn't Muslim, he just used them to look good during his pedafile trial..I understand all the news on this, I also understand that the Jacksons will use this to exploit and make as much money as their banks will hold. I mean really, this is all about money at this point, you got a few morbid curosity folks who want to see this shrivvled up piece of plastic corpse, but other than that, it's money, ratings, gossip, it all sells.

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Karl Malden has died and TMZ didn't even pick it up.

Soundman

Since he was 99% plastic, I heard they are going to melt him down and make him into legos. That way all the kids have a chance to play with him. ... This is getting so old now, I am sick of seeing the wonderful drug abuser MJ in the news.

Jana

Bear in mind that the Jackson family, namely Katherine, are Jehovah's Witnesses. This religion was the only one Michael ever identified with even though he didn't fit the mold of a traditional JW. JW's do not generally have traditional funerals and public viewings of the deceased. This no doubt is the reason behind the decision. They believe the body is only the shell. They do not believe in souls or that when one dies theygo to heaven. JW funerals are very demure and rarely a spectical. At a memorial service they spend a couple minutes reviewing the person's life and the next 45 minutes talking about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. It will be ineresting to see if they give him a Jehovah's Witness memorial service. A memorial inside a Kingdom Hall (what JW's call their places of worship) or usually reserved for only the most faithful of JW's. Since his membershiop in the religion has been controversial amongst JW's for years, I doubt that will be the case.