REDIRECT

7/2/2009 7:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

noi

Custom? Don't think so....Found the exact same casket on several funeral home websites....and 3,000 less at one.

Jamila

Of all things that you people can think of to further take away from him, you say people could be fed with that money. what about the money that you blow on your mortgages, cars, and other bs such as plastic surgery, clothing, and other materialistic sorts? Think before you speak or write. This is a man being laid to rest, and if that's what his loved ones want to do for him, then so be it. It's none of your damn business how much is being spent on this or anything else- if you're that concerned about feeding the world- do it. Don't b*tch about it.

ann

He is helping the needy you dumb asses...he left 20% of his assets...what percect are you leaving you loud mouth pain in the asses.

whatwouldudo

So they repo'd James Brown's casket? Previously owned?

Obama Lovers

Looks like a Craftmatic

truefan

Why are you people worried about how much the casket cost? If you have 500 million or more dollars 25k is like 25cents.
Let them bury the man in whatever as long as he make it in the ground by next week. Not two months like james brown.
We only wish we had that kind of money I know all my bill problems be over. And another thing stop saying rich people got to give their money to the poor. No they don't. Jackson's was poor once did any rich people give them money

Tianna

I will never for the life of me UNDERSTAND why people (FAMOUS or AVERAGE) would spend sooooo damn much on a CASKET thats going right into the damn GROUND anyway. And the CORPSE is going to ROT inside the thing. NO ONE is going to see it ever again after the BURIAL. Of course also---there is a such thing as GRAVE ROBBERS so lets hope SECURITY is in effect of some sort. Lord knows that Grave site is going to be prone to all sorts of mischief, weirdos, & stupid people.

I lost someone close to me before and my family & I had to decide which casket to get for him (having to plan a FUNERAL is never an easy thing to do for a close loved one. Its almost surreal) . The Undertaker showed us the most expensive caskets FIRST. But of course we are poor, and even if we werent poor we took into consideration "This casket is going to look good, but damn if we are going to break the bank for something thats going into the ground, to get covered up with pounds of DIRT).

$25,000? For a casket? I guess for THE KING of POP you have to make it feel "ROYAL" to the bitter end.

paranel

He deserves even better . I don't understand what the big deal is? The casket's price is not even a fraction of a fraction of his own money, his own money people. Do you mind? The last thing ever that can be possibly bought for him by his own money. The rest all goes eventually to his abusive father, charities and children. What a life. He lived his life for others...

truefan

Why do all the jackson talk so sweet? Even the boys. Did you see Jermaines interview.

fd68cecc

In an interview MJ said he did't want to be buried, so why are they doing it? He should be cremated and scattered.

.............

I can't believe there are still people camping out at Neverland ranch. Who are these leeches? Don't they have jobs?

thinkaboutit

The Promethean is actually Bronze, not Gold. (It is gold in color alone.)

I really think they should use a wooden casket, so he could be the King of Poplar!

ANABEL GARICIA-VALLE

OMG IT'S SO SHOKING TO SEE THIS PIC I FEEL LIKE THIS IS THE ACTUAL END
THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY HEART JUST DROP I CAN'T STOP CRYING,
AND FOR THOSE WHO THINK THIS IS TOO MUCH, WELL HE WORKED HIS WHOLE LIFE, SO HE DESERVES EVEN MORE THAN THIS

nad

Michael had said he does not wanna be burried... does his will count only when its about money?

Toots