Random Drawing for MJ Memorial Tickets

7/3/2009 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets Michael Jackson's memorial service will be held at two separate venues on Tuesday morning -- the main event will be at the Staples Center and a simulcast will play at the Nokia Theatre.

A lottery has been set up for fans to obtain the free tickets -- and they can sign up for the random drawing on the Staples Center website ... good luck logging on.

17,500 tickets are available for the event -- 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia -- which will be divvied out 2 per person. If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will then be alerted on Sunday with further instructions.

Oh yeah ... only U.S. residents can apply.

Also, the family wouldn't say if Michael's body would be at the memorial.

wow0709

#18, as wonderful as Farrah was, she didn't get the same attention as MJ because she just wast as popular. I dont recall ever seeing anyone have plastic surgery to look like Farrah as many of MJ;s fans. People have committed suicide over MJ's death. he was a GLOBAL ICON, she wasn't. You can go to another country and say her name and they wouldn't know her. Whether or not you like MJ everyone has heard of him...he is the BIGGEST STAR EVER...there just wasn't that same interest in Farrah. When Farrah died at the hospital, I dont recall there being hundreds of people converging on the site to find out what was going on. I don't recall the internet crashing once news of Farrah's passing was made public...MJ IS AN ICON, bottom line....DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

hollywood

uh... ignore this part of my previous post "so those seats remain seated."
i have no idea where that came from... :-)

Jade731

Registration took a couple of minutes but finally went through!!!!

abgrn

they never said us citizens only , us residents. tmz are so cruel to michael not once you mention about his charity works

1989

My mother and I registered it took 5 minutes...and they didnt say anything about it being for US citizens only...at least i dont recall them saying that

ThrillaJamma1

About the TRUTH about the "only U.S. citizens can apply." Here's further details.

ELIGIBILITY. The Opportunity is open to all residents of the United States excluding where otherwise prohibited by law, rule or regulation who are at least 16 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of LAAC, L.A. Arena Funding, LLC, LA Live Properties, LLC, LA Live Theatre, LLC and Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc., and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees' families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners).

based from http://www.staplescenter.com/media/media0000001100.pdf

jguidry74

According to the terms and conditions on the staples site, This offer is void in Rhode Island, Florida, and New York.Can thouse people in those states not register?

manda_uk

they should put in on the tv AT LEAST ! and let the fans see him one last time. IT IS NOT FAIR that the rest of the world have to miss out on saying goodbye to the greatest man that lived !

ZTrader

To select small venues in cramped downtown LA is as stupid as can be. Heck, 150,000 people showed up to celebrate the Lakers championship. To believe people will obey by staying at home is naive to say the least.

wren

Geez, I cannot wait for the memorial service to be over since then we will hear about someone else besides MJ.

I doubt the casket will be at the memorial serivce, since the private burial is supposed to beforehand. If is was at the memorial service , his fans would probably rush it or something.
It is unbeleiveable that people want to attend a memorial service when all anyone has been talking aobut for the last week is "Remebmering MJ."

I think the city should set up stands to see refreshments for this circus so they can recoup some of the money they will spend for security, EMS, etc. for this fiasco.
I dislike my tax money going for this. And CA is already broke- no moeny for police and security for this circus.

SeanB

It's working now. Thanks Harvey.

Dutchie

I agree Manda_UK! But I'm sure it will be aired, so us fans in Europe can watch it as well!

L.

I submitted my information without any problems, but when my sister and others try, they can't get through. This is a weird way to give out tickets.

Debski

Oh, please please please let Michael be there. I think propped up in a standard moon walking pose would be super fab! In fact, with the help of invisible wires, he could conceivably take his final, farewell moonwalk across the stage. Don't be horrified. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Jackson family concocted a scheme such as this.

Why is eveyone asking if this will be televised? Can you imagine it NOT being televised after over a week of constant coverage? Besides, with TV coverage, Joe will be able to appeal to extreme numbers to hawk his latest wares.

jguidry74

the offical rules on the staples site says Open to us residents. Dosen't mention anywhere else