Random Drawing for MJ Memorial Tickets

7/3/2009 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets Michael Jackson's memorial service will be held at two separate venues on Tuesday morning -- the main event will be at the Staples Center and a simulcast will play at the Nokia Theatre.

A lottery has been set up for fans to obtain the free tickets -- and they can sign up for the random drawing on the Staples Center website ... good luck logging on.

17,500 tickets are available for the event -- 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia -- which will be divvied out 2 per person. If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will then be alerted on Sunday with further instructions.

Oh yeah ... only U.S. residents can apply.

Also, the family wouldn't say if Michael's body would be at the memorial.

manda_uk

the site where you register says 'US ONLY' ... so yes its for the us only ... cant you read ?!

DomGotHerMemorialTix =)

This procedure has gotten me VERY nervous! There are going to be about a million people registering and only about 8,700 will be chosen?! I think this really sux.. I've been looking forward to going to the memorial service now there's a chance that I might not even be able to go..
And another thing, I'm sure there's going to be people registering that won't even be able to show up!
I thought they were just going to have people line up and have the 1st 17,500 people get their tix, but I'm sure there will be too much traffic and too much chaos.
There's going to be LOTS of heartbroken people when they find out the didn't get a ticket. And who wants to get a ticket to Nokia when the actual event isn't even there?!

wow0709

For those of you asking if its going to be televised the answer is YES. If you watched the news conference they clearly said that it will be televised all over the world and on the internet. So everyone will be able to see it.

Debski

This is open to US residents only because the Jacksons obviously hate foreigners. Well, except for those scary "Nation of Islam" guys.

hollywood

Manda_UK, it WILL be broadcast. They said that they'll have a free broadcast that and any channel can choose to run it.
I guarantee it will be on all our channels out here in the US. I'm sure BBC will be running it.

For those people who still plan on coming down w/o a ticket, thats really foolish and inconsiderate. Our city can't afford to handle crowd control.. no money to pay the cops...If you don't have a ticket, stay home and watch! If you were to stand outside Staples center, you won't see anything.. they said there will be NO tvs outside. Wouldn't you rather be at home watching it? Instead of looking at the outside of a venue, in the heat, and having cops tell you to leave?

Also, they chose the 20,000 seat Staples Center because AEG OWNS the Staples center.. so there is no cost for 'renting' a venue. Sure, they could get more people in at say Rose Bowl, but there would be a cost of venue then....

wow0709

#46 the funeral is on the same day of the memorial service...before the memorial service.

Kappy

I registered but it didn't "confirm". When I hit submit, it just went through a few bars (like it was processing), and then it just went to a white page .... It said "Done" down at the bottom. I'm afraid to try to re-register because it says only 1 registration per name. What should I do???? I really want a chance of going!!! BTW, it did the same thing to my daughter when she registered (even on a different computer).

pinay23

if michael jackson's body will not be there so whats purpose goin there? listening again to joe jackson promoting his label?

liz

You are only registering to be included in a lottery drawing for tickets. Anyone can go, there are police barricades closing the streets far from Staples area to keep you out. No jumbotrons or anything at the venue. Live coverage on the internet and TV world wide for everybody to watch as it happens. I think they are limiting to US residents because of the short time interval. Jermaine Jackson
said they hope to have more memorials around the country, kind of like a traveling circus,and maybe other countries.

Or, you can hold your own memorial anywhere you want, this isn't a funeral!!

Advil

You know the more i think about this ........I wouldnt be surprise if reports come out that Michael is already laid to rest..buried and they had a funeral service a couple of days before this memorial service is to take place. Some things aren't adding up to me, no real talk of a"viewing" his body. No celebrites coming out saying they will attend any type of service of any kind. His body is at a secret location (which is understandable). But few details ,few questions answered . Just a ponderance is all

Dutchie

In the terms and conditions of the memorial ticketing it says that the lottery is open to all US residents above 16 years of age.

I hope it's a respectfull memorial that shows MJ's greatness and atribution to the music as we have it today. He raised the bar for everyone to a level that can be hardly reached.

- Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight...............Here One Day...... Gone One Night - Gone Too Soon -

hollywood

Hey Kappy.
That doesn't sound right... I know when i was first trying, it kept taking me to a 'broken' page (it didn't say "done").
And when it finally did go thru, it took me to a blue page w/ an image of Michael.. and had the text, as noted below.
Good luck!

Your registration for your chance to attend the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service has been received. If your application is successful, you will receive an email on Sunday, July 5, 2009 after 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time with your exclusive unique code and instructions on how to obtain your two free tickets to attend the Public Memorial Service.

A valid ticket will be required to enter the STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE area on Tuesday, July 6, 2009.

The tickets will be distributed for either the public memorial service in STAPLES Center or a live television broadcast in the adjacent Nokia Theatre.

1989

I just re-read everything on the opening page...and yeah it does say VALID FOR U.S RESIDENTS ONLY.... i dont get it either...i guess they figured it would be too much for NON-US RESIDENTS to try to get to the US in 2 days...I think its unfair that to those outside the US...

Debski

His body is in the walk in freezer at Neverland. I thought everyone already knew that.

Advil

If it doesnt say thank you for registering....like this:

Please add info@staplescenter.com to your address book to ensure successful email delivery

....you will have to do it again ...the website is spazzing out