Billy Mays Funeral -- Death of a Salesman

7/3/2009 8:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In pure Billy Mays fashion, all of Billy's pallbearers wore OxiClean button up shirts during his funeral in McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania today.

Billy Mays Funeral
Mays died on Sunday morning in his sleep -- an autopsy suggested he died from complications due to heart disease.

CarolD

Well at least it wasn't the Sham-Wow guy who killed him!

1915 days ago

CarolAD

Well I'm glad that it wasn't the Sham-Wow guy who killed him. Just kidding, that was bad.

1915 days ago

mittelfrueh

I wonder if the pallbearers are carrying Fix It scratch removers in their pockets in case they damage the paint on the casket.

1915 days ago

Dyscrasy

There is now proof of an afterlife.. Just as Billy Mays' soul was bedding down for the Eternal Rest, God said, in a loud sales-pitch kind of voice, "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!"

(that came to me moments after the announcement of his death.. what the hell, we'd all gonna die someday, might as well have fun)

1915 days ago

Jaroslaw Bohdan Rudnycky'j

If Billy the Bearded Bellowing Bull is in Hell as one observer suggested, it ain't to sell air conditioning to Satan. He's there because God decided it's time he suffer the same pain all of us who own TVs were forced to suffer each time he screamed at us from our TV sets and as a result of whom, the mute buttons on our remotes are worn down to stumps. Let's hope his obnoxious, revolting commercials join him in his grave.

1915 days ago

Michael Madsen

and now for something completely different...

People always told me be careful of what you do
And dont go around breaking pitchman's hearts
He came and stood right by me
Then the smell of sweet Oxi clean
This happened much too soon
He called me to his room
Chorus
Billie Mays is not my lover
He's just a guy who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
Billie Mays is not my lover
He's just a guy who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
He says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
He says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
Billie Mays is not my lover
He's just a guy who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
He says I am the one, but the kid is not my son
He says I am the one, he says he is my son
He says I am the one
Billie Mays is not my lover
Billie Mays is not my lover
Billie Mays is not my lover
Billie Mays is not my lover
Billie Mays is not my lover
Billie Mays is not my lover

1915 days ago

Tony

I was a big fan of Billy Mays and was stunned to hear he had passed. He will be missed.

1914 days ago

Billy Mays fan.

Billy Mays will go down in my book as a real person with real ideas, I loved the show (pitchmen), and he did allot of good for other people who had a dream. sooo sad to see him die so young, I hope his family will just remember all the good he did, and I sure they will.

1914 days ago

Ooooo Noooo!

On the tomb stone it reads, "But wait -- there's more!"

1914 days ago

Marguerite

No matter what you vicious narrow minded hateful people ( you know who you are with the horrible comments) think or say, a man is dead. A man who had friends, family and a good heart. He did try to help people with his fame and I wonder if those of you who believe the worst of others can say the same.

1913 days ago

Miss Billy Mays

Billy Mays was truly the voice of advertising. I bought Oxy Clean and believed anything he had to say or sell after that. My condolences to his family and friends. Hearing of his death was shocking and sad. Gone too soon.

1913 days ago

Memory

Bless his heart! RIP - everybody liked you!!! Sympathys extended to his family and friends...

1913 days ago

Setting it straight

I have been watching Billy for years, and I feel better knowing I got a good look into Billy's life on his recent television show, Pitchmen. For those of you who make fun of Billy, his Paulbearers, or his family, there are some things you should know. First off Billy Mays was a very proud man and he lived the persona we all saw on television. Billy's claim to fame was the Oxyclean product. He brought the product from the ground floor to the penthouse. Besides his children, Billy has even said that his greatest accomplishment was hocking the Oxiclean product. The Khaki pants and Blue Shirt was BIlly's trademark. His family and friends were paying tribute to a great man, friend, and family member. I am a baseball coach, and I would be honored if my family somehow displayed my passion at my funeral. Those that said Kenny Rogers was carrying the casket should know...that is Billy's father. It is sad to see Billy's son and father carry him, but it was also sweet. I will miss you Billy. My thoughts and prayers for your family and close friends.

1913 days ago

john s

What a great fun show, "Pitchman" he was truly a ICON. After thefirst show I had to watch every one after and put it on DVD, RIP Billy, you are one of a few that touched so many.

1913 days ago

Ga in TX

We will surely miss the entertaining antics of Billy Mays. May he go down in the anals of Pitchman history as one of the greats.
Condolences and much sympathy to his family and co-workers.

1913 days ago