Lloyd's of London -- Overdose Clause?

7/3/2009 3:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MIchael JacksonA spokesperson for Lloyd's of London tells us she's never heard of a case where her company has insured someone for a drug overdose.

AEG, the company that was promoting Jackson's London concerts, claimed yesterday the policy it took out from Lloyd's did not cover death from natural causes but did cover overdoses.

Louise Shield -- the head of communications for Lloyd's of London -- tells us such a policy is "odd" and that she's never heard the company insuring for drug overdoses.

What's more -- Shield says the company typically requires a "medical assessment" .... a physical before the policy is written.

As we first reported, Jackson's body had dozens of injection sites in various places. So the question -- how could a policy be issued with clear evidence of a problem?

Shield would not comment on the policy, and found it strange AEG discussed it publicly. She's not saying if overdoses were covered or not.

Mary

MARIE And NINA. Thank You for those links. I'm going to read this. Oh my God, What if this is true?? Ok, Knowing Michael he is very capable of this because he is very hidden and secretive. I can only pray that this is true. I really would HOPE this is true. Of course, People are going insane everywhere. Why would there be a memorial though? I just do not understand it, At all. Jermaine shed a tear on the Today show even. I know you can't fake tears. Those Staples center pictures look like Michael though. If not him, Well damn, He is one hell of a look-alike! Wow, I can't stop smiling at this. Some of the way it is worded is kind of humorous. However, Did anyone manage to read about that crazy quack that was saying she was his wife and wanted his body to be returned to her? Dear Lord, Freaking psycho's!

1936 days ago

to little

Might as well get the California National Guard deployed to LA now. Otherwise there will be another riot. This will go down as the most shameful Memorial Service in history. AEG has dirty hands in the Death of Michael and they are the ones doing his Memorial.

A Entertainment Promoter doing profitable Memorial services now. How classic, t-shirts from his upcoming concert that will never take place are on sale with I am sure a sleuth of other MJ products and scalpers selling tickets putting tax free cash in someones hand.

Be interesting to by tickets with marked money and follow the trail. Doing so might lead the police to even more corruption in this case.

This is why I have no pity for Michael or even the Jackson family over his death. They are just using fans and the public for their financial gain. I am sure AEG paid Jacksons a few Million to be allowed to do the Memorial. AEG then will probably sell the filming right inside Staples to the highest bid making millions more.

Shameful and the stupid MJ fans are eating this all up and loving it.. All this is rather funny at the surface of it all but sad what the United States has become. Corruption and greed will destroy this nation within the next 25-50 years. Glad I won't be around for it.

1936 days ago

Lucille

I told you. AEG killed Michael as he was worth more to them dead. Now they are trying to saying that particular doctor was all Michael's idea; liars. Notice the drug used to kill Michael leaves the body immediately, not like the other drugs Mike was on. It's been reported that Mike's eldest son either saw him fall or walked in on the rent-a-doctor that was supposedly trying to save Michael's life, so perhaps that's why the drug was still in the house, he forgot to get rid of it in the ensuing chaos.

I hope the AEG people and the doctor who did this to Michael are prosecuted for murder. Please Jehovah God, let the truth come out if it is your will. Amen.

1936 days ago

marie

HI MARY, shes really lost the plot a nutter, but bck to mj they would have to do eveything to make it look real no matter what it takes momorial etc if they didnt that would seem odd dont you think so they have to make everything look real TEARS 2 YES I DO think this is the KING at staples no one can pull them moves like that only MJ CAN dance like that but rem they say thats 2days b4 he passed away if he has faked it he stands to make $$$$ as this last video from staples etc will make $$ along with records not yet released i hope mj is alive cause im hurting bad right now wow do i love this man hes the king

MJFan

Why is Michael Jackson dead?

•Was it a murder? Was it an inside job (body guards)? Was it a conspiracy? Was it people involved in the entertainment business?
•Was it doctors negligence?
•Was it racism? Was it jealousy?
•Was MJ worth more if he was alive or worth more if he was dead? part of the reason MJ died?
•Were people around him trying to bankrupt him so that MJ had to eventually give up his various recording rights?
•Was it MJs accidental overdose from stress and paranoia? (e.g., stress from the unethical journalism that started the chaos? Stress from being ridiculed if his O2 concert fails? Stress from money driven people surrounding him? Stress from endless lawsuits? Etc?)
•Was it a suicide?
•Why didn't police seal the mansion where he had been living? Why didn't they get immediate search warrants? Why did they tow away a doctor's car right after the death but not declare the home a crime scene? And why was Jackson's sister Janet allowed to move possessions out of the mansion two days after the death, before police searched it?

•Is the public blind and ignorant from what is really going on???

I am so shocked and disturbed from what I found out from my research, which originally started with just a simple curiosity of who MJ was after finding of his death. I am amazed by the injustice it does to a person.

Della

mellow

It is probably an accidental death coverage and and unintentional OD on prescription drugs is an accident (much like they toted Heath's death to be) which means they would get the payout.

If it was coke, obvious suicide maybe the terms would be different??

Della

Marie, Marie, Marie!!!!!

I watched that clip over and over and over and over! oh, my God! No way did that happen! either they didn't secure the body or that was NOT a dead body. Ok, that was more like a lean to the right on the stretcher, right? That is too wild. At first I couldn't make out what the fuss was about, then I kept watching. Maybe I just want it to be true. I think the only thing that would make me believe it would be for his family to have a public viewing and I see for myself. Although, I don't think that will happen.

Mary

Hi MARIE,
I'm on the borderline. I guess with everything that has gone on in this past week, I do NOT know what to believe!! I so want this to be true, More than anything. I have been in absolute shambles over Michael. I have been crying, crying, crying. This story actually gives me some hope. I just hope to God it is the truth and he is safe and well.

mellow

91. I think my post got lost. My computer shut down. Anyway, I asked you all to look at the pictures of Michael from the March press conference. Then look at the pictures of him from the Staples Center. His face looks different. Even his hair. I mean, he could have changed his hair ok. But his face looks fuller and less of a square jaw look as the pictures from March. I guess it's possible. I don't know. Posted at 7:42PM on Jul 3rd 2009 by NitaNY

agreed, if his back or lupus was giving him grief the doc/s may have prescribed corticolsteroids like cortisone, prednisone, dexamethasone etc. to reduce the inflammation which would cause a more full face/bloated look. The other option is that if the IV pole thing is valid he could have been getting IV fluids dumped into him at full drip and after a couple bags you see some people start to get a bit of bloat or filling out. He seriously did not look healthy at that announcement.

Mary

NITA, I thought it was sitting up? Was what I got out of it.

mellow

93. Marie, Marie, Marie!!!!! I watched that clip over and over and over and over! oh, my God! No way did that happen! either they didn't secure the body or that was NOT a dead body. Ok, that was more like a lean to the right on the stretcher, right?
Posted at 8:00PM on Jul 3rd 2009 by NitaNY

If you watch it you can see the orange behind it, that is one of the life flight/helicopter attendants re-positioning the body. They needed to get if off their gurney and onto the transfer litter and secure it. I think they were rushing to beat the news but they were right on their tail.

Della

I was thinking that at first but this was not that.. It goes up then straight back down. The body is has straps on it. I"m gonna look again...

balls

Joan Short killed me.

Mary

Sellon,
Which comes to the conclusion to why they added: Why would he need to be moved if he was strapped down on the stretcher? Most times when a dead person is on one, They are fine without any help.