Jackson Ticket Odds Are Bad -- Very Bad

7/4/2009 8:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonDon't book your plane tickets yet -- you're probably going to be watching the Michael Jackson memorial from home.

A spokesman for the Jackson family revealed that after only seven hours, over 500,000 people had entered the lottery for memorial tickets. Okay, time for some quick math: that means that roughly 71,500 people per hour have signed up. And if you extend that rate for the remaining 25 hours (especially since the lottery has been opened up to the entire world), you get a total number of around 2.3 million.

Only 8,750 of those people will get tickets to the memorial (two tickets per person), and some of those people will get only get passes to the "satellite event" in the Nokia Theatre across the street-- like watching it on TV but in a pressure cooker with thousands of other people.

The bottom line: a 0.4% chance of getting a ticket. The good news? You're still more likely to get a ticket than get struck by lightning.

Akbar

87. Are there really people out there still dumb enough to think the guy wasn't a child molester?

Posted at 11:02PM on Jul 4th 2009 by Really People?

you gots tob white trash..he never did nothing wrong with those boys plus they said they like what he done.And i not be dumb trash mouth

1906 days ago

Chico

Now they're estimating that 1.6 million people requested tickets for MJ's memorial. That means the odds have diminished to only a .055 chance of getting tickets. Too bad MJ can't see all of this now!

1906 days ago

Akbar

I would say put the body in the White house and let EVERYONE pay their respects but when it comes to being a Jackson.they THINK different...Hey lets use TICKETS to a funeral...What an insult to the human race...Only a Black mind could think this crap up.Now it a Freak show..Well he was a freak wasn't he? He was also the only Black man to turn into a White man..Come on people now tha'ts freaky lol

1906 days ago

80zBabie

I THINK ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ATTEND FROM ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SHOULD...SHOW THIS MAN HOW MUCH HE MEANT TO OUR GENERATION . He loved his fans & he gave his all every single time he made a video or performed live just to make sure us the fans were happy. i believe he would be more than happy with a big turnout to for the last time show him how much he really was loved. He sacrificed his childhood and had a hard life just because of him being he king of pop...this need to go down BIG and i know ill be diappointed if this turnout doesnt go down in history...LUV U MICHAEL JACKSON RIP i grew up to you and your messages..i remember during the heal the world and save the children days he inspired me to adopt manatees ,whale, childern from poverty and much more...he was a good man with a wonderful mesage and heart may you finally be at peace mj 4ever ;(

1906 days ago

Irma

Takem your rest MJ and I hope his family take a long vacation the media has taken them through hell however nobody reported that Jordan Chandler the kid who stated MJ took advantage of him later came out and said MJ never touched him.
He's now 26 yrears old and rich what you sew you will surely weep!

1906 days ago

Penelope

I'm sorry for typing such horrible things about Michael Jackson, see- the thing is- I am a very lonely man who lives with my parents in their basement. I am trying not to cry over this whole ordeal. So again, I apologize for being rude-I tend to take my anger out on innocent people and having a small penis doesn't help me either. I am truly a shameful man. I love Michael Jackson to no end. Please everyone, forgive my childhood ways. I must go- mother is calling.

1906 days ago

Penelope

Opps, I am an IDIOT. I have split personalities and I must say they need attention quite often. Please don't pay any attention to me- remember, I am dumb & not creative enough so I come bother you good folks on this forum. I'm sorry. Oh dear, John wants me to go to bed, goodnight & May the good Lord Bless Michael Jackson.

1906 days ago

Fleur

There have been vigils all over the world for Michael and so will memorial services..in Romania they'll replay the "Dangerous" tour concert held in 1992 in Bucharest on the same stadium the concert was , Sunday 5th at 9.00 pm (gmt+2) and it's free..there have been 70000 ppl back in 1992 and it's gonna be overcrowded again...MTV Romania broadcasting the concert at the same hour..to haters eat your hearts out, you can't stop ppl from showing their apreciation and love, the man is as big as the world. Tears and gigs fm Romania.

1906 days ago

Carmen

92# so we can hear more about Jon & Kate? If you don't want to watch MJ news go ahead and go on YouTube in watch Billy Mayes videos, if you miss the guy so much.

1906 days ago

Split This

Alot of new agency are getting this:

Thank you for applying for media credentials to cover the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service.

Due to capacity reasons, we will be unable to issue you credentials for the event. Uncredentialed media will not be allowed inside the designated media area adjacent to STAPLES Center. Please do not come to the vicinity of STAPLES Center, as you will not be allowed inside the LAPD's hard perimeter surrounding the area.

We apologize for not being able to accommodate you.

Sunshine, Sachs & Associates

1906 days ago

lmfao

David L. - u crack me up big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1905 days ago

Ebony

GO AHEAD AND RECALCULATE THAT CHANCE. RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, RHODE ISLAND, AND NEW YORK CANNOT ATTEND DUE TO THEIR SWEEPSTAKE LAWS. AND THE FOREIGNORS CANT ATTEND BECAUSE IT'S ONLY OPEN TO US CITIZENS

1905 days ago

Connie

I think a different place should be picked for having the public memory service... I know James Browns casket was open and after that they put him in his bedroom for a couple of days.
I don't know what these people are thinking of only so many people can come.... and I hope Michael gets you all for this cause he would hate you all, cause only so many fans could attend. Sorry Michael ! Just your new agents handling it all...

1905 days ago

Penelope

sorry for making light of this whole forum. i will occupy myself with something constructive... i am sorry.

rip michael- i truly will miss you.

1905 days ago

liz

Jermain said there will be more memorials. Maybe one in will be in the NY Central Park where 1 million of his fans can come together for free

1905 days ago